• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 7th Pupil of the Master of Masters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AnotherXehanort13

Now that Kingdom Hearts 3 has finished the Dark Seeker saga and the story of Xehanort comes to a close, many fans are pondering the new tale that Nomura began in DDD and has built up in the background through Re:Coded and mainly KHUX and X Back Cover, the tale of the Foretellers. Amongst the biggest mysteries of this new arc is the Mysterious Black Box that Luxu's been lugging around. I have a crazy theory on what might be inside the box, but first, let's get an aerial view of the Foretellers and their place in the story.

There are 7 major characters involved in the Age of Fairytales: The 5 Union leading Foretellers Aced, Ava, Gula, Invi and Ira, a 6th pupil of the MoM named Luxu who wears the Black Coat and was not gifted a book of prophecies, and The Foretellers' superior, the Master of Masters.

All of the Foretellers have name schemes based on the Latin names of the **Seven Deadly Sins**, which loosely represent their behaviour during X Back Cover:

• Aced - Acedia - Sloth
  • Ava - Avarice - Greed
  • Gula - Gula - Gluttony
  • Invi - Invidia - Envy
  • Ira - Ira - Wrath
  • Luxu - Luxuria - Lust
If you noticed, there is a deadly sin not represented amongst the foretellers. It is

• Superbia - Pride
Many people have wondered why this sin was left out in particular. Some have argued that "Superbia" is in fact the name of the Master of Masters. However these names are entirely specific, to our knowledge, to the pupils of the Master. What is the Master of Masters in relation to the Foretellers and Luxu?

Well, he certainly has a Keyblade, the First and most Ancient Keyblade in fact according to Young Xehanort from the Re:Coded secret ending. No Name (which actually had no name) was the first Keyblade, made in the image of the original χ-Blade, something the MoM must have possessed and been able to wield. Nomura stated in an interview that the original Keyblades were "forged" by being drawn from the Hearts of the Wielders. No Name curiously shares the same pattern, keychain style, animal motif (confusedly thought to be a goat, but actually a lion according to Nomura) and design as the other Foretellers' key blades (aside from Luxu's original, assuming he even had one), aside from his own demonic eye having been infused into the blade. Interestingly in the Prologue of KH3 where we get the teaser for Xehanort and Eraqus' next chess game, the 7th Foreteller Black Piece is a winged heart, the Master of Master's symbol. *BUT* in an interview Nomura states that 6 of the 7 chess pieces on YX and YE's chessboard in the prologue represent the Foretellers+Luxu, but the 7th "might be the MoM, but it's a surprise". Curiously we've heard this line before in the KH series but i'll get back to that. This begs the question: How and Why did the MoM make the first keyblade? If he already had the χ-Blade, a weapon of incredible power, why would he need to create an inferior weapon for himself? Perhaps it was *meant for someone else*? Perhaps it was *made from the heart of someone else*?

Now it is time to jump back to the Black Box that Luxu is lugging around. What do we know about this box?

1. Maleficent believes the box contains "Hope".
  2. The MoM has instructed Luxu to NEVER open the box.
  3. Upon being told what is inside, Luxu is visibly shocked and asks "But why!?" MoM replies, "it's a surprise" in Japanese ("You'll see" in English)
  4. The box has a Heart symbol on the lid with 13 outer spikes and 7 inner spikes
  5. The Heart on the box is inscribed with the word "χSuper"
  6. Its a pretty big box
Wait, what was that last thing?

The Heart on the box is inscribed with the word "χSuper"

Black_Box_KH0.2.png

This is extreeEEemely interesting given "Super"is clearly a shortening of the 7th deadly sin, Superbia! But wait! Why the "χ" at the beginning? That seems a little artificial and out of place on a name. What's the deal?

Remember from the finale of DDD that while χ is "Chi", it is also the Recusant's Sigil, a seemingly magical sigil that allows one to track another through eternity.

Remember also that in X Back Cover, the main point of conflict between the Foretellers is that there is a "Traitor" amongst them according to the Book of Prophecy, a point of contention that eventually leads to the collapse of the Unions and the Keyblade War. One of the prerequisites for the Traitor according to the BoP is that they "did not follow the role the Master gave them", but this is quite strange, as when you look closely, not a single one of the Foretellers ever actually broke with the role the MoM gave them:

1. Ira was told to be the Leader of the Foretellers
  2. Aced was told to be the right hand of Ira, but to overthrow him and take command if he felt Ira was less suitable
  3. Ava began the Dandelions
  4. Invi was told to observe the other foretellers and she did
  5. Gula was given the lost page and told to hunt the traitor. He didn't succeed but he did carry it out
  6. Luxu successfully passed down No Name/Gazing Eye through the eras and reclaimed it after Xehanort's defeat
So which one of them was the traitor?

None of them were.

The second prerequisite of the traitor is that they "bear the sigil", meaning the Recusant's Sigil χ. This immediately points towards Luxu but I think this was a Red Herring from the beginning. It's tooobvious, tooeasy, and the "x" could pass for just a natural part of Luxu's name. We know of another name within the age of Fairytales that not only follows the naming scheme for the Foretellers, but bluntly, blatantly and without any shadow of a doubt carries the Recusant's Sigil: χSuper.

There's someone inside that god-damned box and it isn't the MoM. MoM had not faded yet when he handed the box to Luxu and there was already something inside it, and when he did fade, he appears to have shown up in the same place as Sora and Riku did in the secret ending, implying he abused the Power of Waking. So it ain't MoM.

Super is not the name of the Master of Masters. Super is the name of the 7th pupil of Pride, possibly the first, who was sealed away inside the Black Box, and No Name was made from them. It makes perfect sense. How, of course, can someone be expected to fulfil their role as Foreteller when they are locked in a box!? Of course the Foretellers never mention Super, indeed the Master of but that could just be narrative curtaining. There is also the matter of why they were sealed inside the Box, to which I can only point to their namesake, Pride. Pride is a sin that is deadly because of the cruel self-importance and ambition it generates, tearing down anything that gets in the way. It is the sin of Ambition, Rebellion and Betrayal. I think Super may have tried to do what Aced turned up to 11, they tried to Overthrow the Master of Masters. Super is quite literally The Traitor - they rebelled against the Master of Masters for an unknown reason. They were (presumably) defeated and the MoM had them marked with the Recusant's Sigil and sealed within the Black Box.

For what they did to be sealed inside I do not know, nor do I get how they could be considered "hope". I know that there is another theory, that the "hope" inside the Box is actually the Dandelions, but again, the Box was filled when it was Bequeathed to Luxu *before* the keyblade war and the Master's fading. I think there is a strong case that there's someone MoM's stuffed inside that box

Last edited:

Obiewantsanipod

If that doesn't scream human rights violation I don't know what does.

The box doesn't strike me as big enough to fit a teenager let alone a grown adult. Then again in Full Metal Alchemist pride was a little child so what the hell do I know.

Has it ever been confirmed that the MoM wielded the X-Blade?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So there being a traitor among the Foretellers was technically true. It's just that the traitor was already imprisoned.

I like this. We're all stuck on Super being the MoM that we haven't considered (to my knowledge) there could be another apprentice. But if Superbia is a bad noodle then why would the box contain "hope?"

Unless it's not that being a traitor means Superbia is bad, but the will to go against MoM's orders showed that Superbia is truly a good person and qualified for whatever the MoM is working toward.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe the box contains a datascape that houses "Super"? It seems connected that Maleficent was interested in the datascape and then the black box. That would also explain fitting anything inside the box. Maybe Luxu saw what was inside the box as just a digitized version of their reality and didn't understand why -- not knowing WHO or WHAT reality was in there.

Awards
Maleficent never said the box contained hope. Luxord did, which is what Xigbar/Luxu told him. Maleficent just thinks it contains a Book of Prophecies. (Just wanted to point that out lol)

The box doesn't strike me as big enough to fit a teenager let alone a grown adult. Then again in Full Metal Alchemist pride was a little child so what the hell do I know.

Well it could be that it’s not an actual body, but maybe a heart?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
While I wouldn't rule out the possibility of there being another secret pupil completing the bestowed naming convention. I feel it'd be redundant considering Luxu was revealed to be the secret 6th forteller early on in KHUχ.

On top of that MoM calls Luxu their number seven, explaining the six of them plus him make seven, which seems like Nomura was trying to establish them as a set of seven characters.

While KH isn't scared of adding new members to established groups, I for now will assume that MoM gave himself the name Super, to complete the seven he was talking about. This for me also works seeing I'd assume that Pride would be the leader.

Awards
If the traitor is in the box, why even bother giving Gula the task of finding them? That's a big gaping hole in this theory.

As for it being someone's heart, how about Strelitzia's since she's the first character chronologically to lose her heart? Maybe MoM is the one who shanked her and took her place in the new Foretellers group as Brain. Pride is a sin of the mind, after all, so the name could hint at that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If the traitor is in the box, why even bother giving Gula the task of finding them? That's a big gaping hole in this theory.

As for it being someone's heart, how about Strelitzia's since she's the first character chronologically to lose her heart? Maybe MoM is the one who shanked her and took her place in the new Foretellers group as Brain. Pride is a sin of the mind, after all, so the name could hint at that.

Strelitzia's death occurred in the same fashion as all of the other Keyblade wielders from the war, with her body disappearing and her heart floating away.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Who said Super would be human? This is a universe with talking animals/puppets/toys/tiny red dragons/etc. It's entirely possible to have a major original character who isn't human.

Last edited:

Obiewantsanipod

You know what pride is?

Vanity.

You know where the word "vanity" comes from?

Vanitas.

oooooooh, I think someone blew the case wide open folks!

I actually really like the argument this thread presents. Although if it were up to me, and mind you I don't know what the word for it is, I'd make the MoM both good and evil at the same time. Being superior to everyone in terms of abilities, knowing about every event that is to unfold, and yet never properly being a villain or an ally, just shows up and fucks around with everyone, kind of like the cat Cheshire from Alice. I'm sure that won't be the case though. Then again we don't know for sure if the MoM is one of the chess pieces.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
You know what pride is?

Vanity.

You know where the word "vanity" comes from?

Vanitas.

And in the Keyblade Graveyard, there's the whole "What I am... Is Darkness." conversation between Sora and Ven. It doesn't really mean all that at first glance because Vanitas literally is darkness, so he's just sticking true to his nature. But then you have the situation where Maleficent ends up meeting somebody named "Darkness" when trapped in the Data Enchanted Dominion. Not to mention, Void Gear has an eye in it, and Ven is actually from the past. I mean, the connections are there...

This is extreeEEemely interesting given "Super"is clearly a shortening of the 7th deadly sin, Superbia! But wait! Why the "χ" at the beginning? That seems a little artificial and out of place on a name. What's the deal?

Remember from the finale of DDD that while χ is "Chi", it is also the Recusant's Sigil, a seemingly magical sigil that allows one to track another through eternity.

Something to toss out there, the χ can also be pronounced as "Key" of course. So maybe the box is the "Key" to "Super"?

Also, hey... I just noticed something really odd. It probably means nothing at all and I'm looking way too much into this, but... look at the symbols on the box. Specifically the middle hatch and the insignia on the side. To me, they kinda resemble the Nobody and Heartless emblems. Not exact, of course, so it's a super stretch. But Nomura said "the perceptive fan may have already worked it out" back in 2018, so I wonder...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think it was Seph that suggested the possibility that the MoM had another apprentice, and said apprentice was split into two like Ven: Light and Darkness. Light is inside the Box for whatever reason, and Darkenss is the one that met Maleficent.

Awards
I actually had the theory that Vanitas was the darkness shown in that cutscene with Maleficent. Xehanort showed you can time travel so long as a version of you exists, so it can definitely be Vanitas.

However, let's look back on the events so far, namely the one who offed Strelitzia and took her book.

We're assuming it's Brain because Lauriam definitely wouldn't do it, and neither would Ephemer or Skuld.... but what about Ven? We know he had a dark side because it was extracted to make Vanitas, so what if he was the 7th apprentice? Brain's recent words suggest a more.... pure... morality than we assumed; after all, even though the word 'virus' has a negative association, what if he's trying to fix the situation?

There's also another thread that theorizes that Eraqus is either descendant of, reincarnation of, or possessed by Brain due to similar appearance and 'blue blood' heritage.

So basically, Ventus is the traitor and MoM's 7th apprentice representing vanity, MoM knew ahead of time what he was gonna do and set tasks to thwart it, or else pulled a Doctor Strange and allowed bad things to happen because he saw it would lead to the best outcome.

And if people are saying he can't be the traitor because he's one of the 7 lights, well, this is after Vanitas was extracted. We don't know how he was before that.

That being said, whatever is in the box is something that we haven't seen in the entire game yet, because it's still in there. Either that, or it's something we saw before MoM brought out the box that we haven't seen since.

Maybe MoM himself is split into two and his Dark side is in the box? And he gave it to Luxu to get rid of it since he couldn't destroy it, and that is what influences Luxu over the millennia. Another thread theorized that Luxu's personality, which is drastically different between Back Cover and now, is because of MoM's influence. This could be the cause, and especially if it's also a dark influence. He could even have influenced Xehanort himself.

This brings me to the MoM we see in the secret movie. what if Xigbar/Luxu finally breaks the rule never to open the box, and releases him? Maybe this is why MoM might be an 'evil' chess piece.

Except... what if the 'good' MoM uses that as a way to travel forward in time, and that's why he vanishes in the age of fairytales?

These are a lot of convoluted dots I'm trying to connect lmao but it does tie up a few loose ends.

Reactions: Any

Any

Awards
I actually had the theory that Vanitas was the darkness shown in that cutscene with Maleficent. Xehanort showed you can time travel so long as a version of you exists, so it can definitely be Vanitas.

However, let's look back on the events so far, namely the one who offed Strelitzia and took her book.

We're assuming it's Brain because Lauriam definitely wouldn't do it, and neither would Ephemer or Skuld.... but what about Ven? We know he had a dark side because it was extracted to make Vanitas, so what if he was the 7th apprentice? Brain's recent words suggest a more.... pure... morality than we assumed; after all, even though the word 'virus' has a negative association, what if he's trying to fix the situation?

There's also another thread that theorizes that Eraqus is either descendant of, reincarnation of, or possessed by Brain due to similar appearance and 'blue blood' heritage.

So basically, Ventus is the traitor and MoM's 7th apprentice representing vanity, MoM knew ahead of time what he was gonna do and set tasks to thwart it, or else pulled a Doctor Strange and allowed bad things to happen because he saw it would lead to the best outcome.

And if people are saying he can't be the traitor because he's one of the 7 lights, well, this is after Vanitas was extracted. We don't know how he was before that.

That being said, whatever is in the box is something that we haven't seen in the entire game yet, because it's still in there. Either that, or it's something we saw before MoM brought out the box that we haven't seen since.

Maybe MoM himself is split into two and his Dark side is in the box? And he gave it to Luxu to get rid of it since he couldn't destroy it, and that is what influences Luxu over the millennia. Another thread theorized that Luxu's personality, which is drastically different between Back Cover and now, is because of MoM's influence. This could be the cause, and especially if it's also a dark influence. He could even have influenced Xehanort himself.

This brings me to the MoM we see in the secret movie. what if Xigbar/Luxu finally breaks the rule never to open the box, and releases him? Maybe this is why MoM might be an 'evil' chess piece.

Except... what if the 'good' MoM uses that as a way to travel forward in time, and that's why he vanishes in the age of fairytales?

These are a lot of convoluted dots I'm trying to connect lmao but it does tie up a few loose ends.

I might be reaching but Vanitas does have two X chains on his keyblade (it’s chained up as an X) along with MoM’s magical eyeballs. Not one but two eyeballs. Speaking of the unversed, the unversed symbols are in Scala and seems to be Scala language and the unversed symbol could represent the letter X.

Ventus and Vanitas have V’s. If you put one V upward and other V downward together, you’ll get the letter X. Ventus and Xehanort meeting each other wasn’t an accident after all

Tbh I never taught of Ventus as innocent after seeing how evil Vanitas appears to be. I have my doubts with Ventus and I feel like he’s playing a facade with us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯ I don’t think it would be forced either seeing how his other half is evil too.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel like there's no third "persona" to Ventus and Vanitas. I think Ventus has always been the way he is with and without darkness, like we've been shown.

Back