• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 7 Princesses of Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
hey im posting simple question about the 7 princess of hearts lets start how come theres only seven is it connected to the 7 guardians of light or what and because theres more disney princess in KH like ariel and belle even mullan considered disney princess and theres many more princess we still didnt saw in KH i hope there coming 8D in KH3 anyway theres 7 KH games 7 guardian of light and 7 princess of heart lol all 7 why princess only 7 theres many princess and why they see alice as disney princess shes not princess shes from rich family only i think

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: the 7 princess of hearts

To be honest? We don't know why there's seven. Just that there is 7 and only 7.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
hey im posting simple question about the 7 princess of hearts lets start how come theres only seven is it connected to the 7 guardians of light or what and because theres more disney princess in KH like ariel and belle even mullan considered disney princess and theres many more princess we still didnt saw in KH i hope there coming 8D in KH3 anyway theres 7 KH games 7 guardian of light and 7 princess of heart lol all 7 why princess only 7 theres many princess and why they see alice as disney princess shes not princess shes from rich family only i think
In regards to Alice. To be fair you could say the same about Kairi and she isn't royalty for all we know.

The "Princess" title doesn't refer to royal status

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Seven is a "magic number" as well as thirteen. There's no given reason why it is so within this (kingdom Hearts') universe, it just is.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
It's the seven and thirteen thing. In the original myth it was the X-blade that split into 20 pieces, 7 of light and 13 of darkness. So, when the children rebuilt the worlds, there were seven pure lights born into it. This is also why there need to be 7 GoL, because Xehanort wants to reforge the X-blade and he needs 7 and 13 again, so if we don't raise the Guardians he'll just use the princesses.

I think they're labeled "princesses" because they're all young women and it just so happens that most of them are from royalty.

I also like to think that as current PoH grow old ans pass away, new ones are born, ala the Avatar cycle, except there's seven of them at a time and the world they are born into is random. The opposing theory would be that it's always been these same seven and up until now, time in their worlds has been moving astronomically slower than it is now, which is really saying something considering Cinderella doesn't seem to have aged a day in the 10 years since BbS. Also Kairi, the seventh PoH, was only born 4 years before BbS and there's no way the Keyblade War ended that recently even within their own time dilation.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I find your connection amusing. That means it took 7 games to finally forge the x-blade. Interesting.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There are probably a few logical reasons:

7 is seen as a pure number, Kingdom Hearts takes Christian symbolism from time-to-time. The number seven is usually associated with holiness so naturally that would be the number Nomura chose.

The Disney Princess franchise is still expanding. Currently there are, believe it or not, 13 if you count Anna and Elsa. Even if Nomura had included the entire roster at the time of the first Kingdom Hearts, it would still end up being wonky and insufficient as the years went on. And of the Disney Princesses, 4 were not born into royalty. AND of the Seven Princesses of Heart, only three were born into royalty, and one of them lived oblivious to that. Nomura was smart to cap it off at a specific number.

Likewise, there aren't seven princesses because there are seven guardians. It's the other way around. The guardians exist to safeguard the light.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Personally I agree with JokersHeartless and say they have a type of avatar cycle thing going on.

OR it's possible the worlds they live in are akin to the Dream Realm or Dark Realm with a unique flow of time. Meaning those worlds/princesses go to a certain point and it resets.

Regardless of either the Xblade may be a factor too. When it shattered it's shards went somewhere and the 7 PoH have an awfully unique role just to be girls devoid of light.
They're both the key to forging the Keyblade of Heart and opening the Door to Darkness. They essentially control the border between light and dark realms.

Hovhannes1998

I agree with the whole talk of the x-blade and 7 and 13. I would just like to add that their is another reason for the original question.
Ariel, it wouldn't make sense because she doesn't have feet... how would she be in the room with the other princesses?
Mulan, she wasn't in the first game and it would be weird to add princesses.
Belle, was a princess.
I think I covered all in the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back