• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 5th Xehanort: A new persona?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zulkir

Nomura actually said something along the lines of Xemnas INTENTIONALLY not using a keyblade...which is...very odd. Going out of his way to secure a keyblade master to kill heartless with, yet not using his own.

I think the real reason is because of the "locking" thing he did on his heart, I still find it very odd that Nomura would say something like that.

Z

Zulkir

Leme recheck the interview translations then brb...

<time passes>

-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/147009-bbs-ultimania-plot-mysteries-nomura-interview.html

I'd happily interpret "It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one" as "I don't know so I'm not telling"

Allister Rose

French Lover
that's a bit better, though i think nomura is trying to decide his opinion on it. it's more speculation.

i personally don't want nomura to do that. it would ruin the point for roxas to be important in the org

Z

Zulkir

It wouldn't make any sense at all, in fact Xemnas's death quote was "Cursed...Keyblade".

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Yeah, I'm not buying it either. There probably has to be some unknown plot element for that to make much sense.

Roxas on the other hand was born amnesiac and developed a totally different personality and consiousness than Sora because Sora was almost immediately reverted back to his old self from his heartless form as his sense of self was fading. Had this not happened Sora's heartless would have become a mindless shadow and Sora would have woken up as Roxas himself.
Debatable, since it's possible that Sora's memories wouldn't have left him even if time had permit it. Well, his key ones, anyways.

Z

Zulkir

Sora himself said he began to forget who he was in KH1. The normal Heart-Loss process was taking place AFAIK.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Yeah, I'm not buying it either. There probably has to be some unknown plot element for that to make much sense.

Debatable, since it's possible that Sora's memories wouldn't have left him even if time had permit it. Well, his key ones, anyways.

Perhaps Xemnas didn't use his Keyblade because his powers of nothingness would accidentally destroy it?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Nomura said if Roxas had memories from before, he'd never have joined the Organization in the first place.

what i tihnk nomrua meant to say is, that death isn't a major key point in kh series, even though death does exist.

Bingo!

We know Roxas and Namine were born differently, but we still aren't completely sure of how Xemnas was born. All we know is that he may have been born from two hearts. Whether they remained separate or joined is yet to be decided.

Actually, if you read Ansem Report XIII, you'd see that Ansem intentionaly cast off his shell, which later formed into Xemnas. Xehanort didn't lose his heart, he was the heart.

Awards
Xehanort #5?

YoungMasterXehanort.JPG

photobucket-b4gg12.gif

People are too swift to assume that what we believed prior to BbS is right. Xehanort's Heartless is dead, Xemnas is dead, so, in accordance with what Nomura said in Another Report, Xehanort (the apprentice) must be back.

But considering that we now know that Xehanort has the combination of two (or three) hearts within him, the answer may not be so simple.

Let's take it one step at a time, starting with some basic assumptions:

- When Xehanort the apprentice willingly released his heart, this heart was a combination of Terra, MX, and Eraqus' hearts. With MX being the predominantly dark part of this heart, the heartless (Xehanort's Heartless) was primarily under the control of his sense of self. Meanwhile, the leftover body and soul, which were essentially at one point Terra's, becomes Xehanort. Terra's sense of self is primarily in control here, but he's still affected by Xehanort's darkness.

- Since Xemnas was alive and well when Xehanort's Heartless was defeated, the heart from Xehanort's Heartless would have normally gone into a "state of suspension" (as Nomura calls it). But it instead lingered in Riku. In other words, Riku contains, essentially, MX, Terra, and Eraqus' hearts.

So, in order to get some kind of Xehanort (whoever it may be) to return, at the very least, both his Heartless and his Nobody must be defeated. We know Xemnas was defeated.
But what about Xehanort's Heartless? As I said, even though he was defeated, the heart still rests within Riku, unusable by Xemnas' body and soul. Well, not all of it anyway, thanks to AtW's explosion.

By answering what happened to Xehanort's heart in that explosion, we'll know who the next Xehanort will be.
Now, how did it effect Riku? It reverted him to his original self and, as Mickey said, made him no longer part of the dark realm. While I'm sure he's still capable of using darkness to a degree, I believe this implies that he was finally rid of the influence of the darkness of Xehanort's heart.

But just the darkness. In other words, the "MX" part of the heart was kicked out. But the Terra and Eraqus parts of the heart still rest within Riku.

So now we know that, when Xemnas is destroyed, the body and soul can combine only with Master Xehanort's heart. Now, while the body and soul may technically belong originally to Terra, the presence of a heart is what affects a person's appearance. This is why Xehanort looked like a combination between Terra and MX, and why Roxas (with only Ven's heart in Sora's body and soul) looked like Ven.

Thus, with only MX's heart, this being should, obviously, take on the appearance of MX... except it's a younger body. Therefore, it should look like a younger MX. Hence, what we see in that picture is what we'll get for the "next" Xehanort.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Damn it, Grass! I hope that Square really does have people spying on these forums or Nomura at least coincidentally mimics your idea. I'd much rather Terra's and Eraqus' hearts stay within Riku, then go back to Xehanort. That's much better and different plot idea imo, because it would basically mean the return of the Young MX. Come on, Nomura, there's even hints of it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
As I said, even though he was defeated, the heart still rests within Riku, unusable by Xemnas' body and soul. Well, not all of it anyway, thanks to AtW's explosion.
I thought that too, but didn't XH say to Riku, "I leave my darkness with you," right before exploding in CoM?

Thus, with only MX's heart, this being should, obviously, take on the appearance of MX... except it's a younger body. Therefore, it should look like a younger MX. Hence, what we see in that picture is what we'll get for the "next" Xehanort.
XH managed to make Riku's body into that of a grown man, though.

By the way, while you're here, perhaps you can help me with a question that's been bugging me: what's the key difference between Terranort and Rikunort (while he still looks like Riku)? I mean, why didn't Riku get a hair and skin color change like Terranort did?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I thought that too, but didn't XH say to Riku, "I leave my darkness with you," right before exploding in CoM?

XH managed to make Riku's body into that of a grown man, though.

By the way, while you're here, perhaps you can help me with a question that's been bugging me: what's the key difference between Terranort and Rikunort (while he still looks like Riku)? I mean, why didn't Riku get a hair and skin color change like Terranort did?

I thought it was because he was only playing puppeteer with Riku's body at first (when he looks like Riku) and then boots Riku's heart out of his body and comes in the form of Ansem Seeker of Darkness. That if you're referring to KH1

If you mean post KH1 up until AtW explosion, how Riku contains Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus heart, than I think this is how it goes. Riku was playing the Sora/Ven relation basically, just harboring their heart within his and not fusing with it like Xehanort did to Terra. Correct me if I'm wrong. Its what I think. Therefore even if the darkness of MX is gone Terra and Eraqus could reside within Riku's heart.

7_Arch_Angels

Or what if the story is like this: After receiving Mickey's letter, Sora started a new journey (duh, that's in BBS). After he met Mickey, Sora finally learned TAV's story from Aqua who had finally able to return back to the world (this may be explained in one of the mystery game). Mickey told Sora to release MX's heart from Terranort (to revive Terra).

Meanwhile, after becoming one whole human again, MX is trying to obtain the Xblade again (that's why he called Ven "a friend" cuz he wanted to return Vanitas again (for this one, I can't find any good idea how he do it, knowing that now Ven is a being of light). And so, SRK planned to awake Ven, but after MX is dead. However, MX managed to release Ven's heart from Sora and created Vanitas, as well as awakening Ven. Thus Ven clashed again with Van and Xblade is born as well. Van obtained the Xblade, knocked Ven to faint, and then passed the Xblade to Terranort. Then, Sora and Riku will fight Terranort to release MX's heart, while Ven and Aqua is fighting Van again. Van dies, and Terra is finally freed from MX..

I imagine this one game to be like BBS. It has their own storyline. But SRK always stays around while Aqua and Mickey (who's helping Aqua) will have their own story. As for Donald and Goofy... I think they'll follow their king, but Mickey ordered them to be separate. SRK had to choose which one should they take.

Well, honestly I want to create this game if I'm tetsuya Nomura.. Hehehe

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
photobucket-b4gg12.gif

People are too swift to assume that what we believed prior to BbS is right. Xehanort's Heartless is dead, Xemnas is dead, so, in accordance with what Nomura said in Another Report, Xehanort (the apprentice) must be back.

But considering that we now know that Xehanort has the combination of two (or three) hearts within him, the answer may not be so simple.

- When Xehanort the apprentice willingly released his heart, this heart was a combination of Terra, MX, and Eraqus' hearts. With MX being the predominantly dark part of this heart, the heartless (Xehanort's Heartless) was primarily under the control of his sense of self. Meanwhile, the leftover body and soul, which were essentially at one point Terra's, becomes Xehanort. Terra's sense of self is primarily in control here, but he's still affected by Xehanort's darkness.

- Since Xemnas was alive and well when Xehanort's Heartless was defeated, the heart from Xehanort's Heartless would have normally gone into a "state of suspension" (as Nomura calls it). But it instead lingered in Riku. In other words, Riku contains, essentially, MX, Terra, and Eraqus' hearts.

So, in order to get some kind of Xehanort (whoever it may be) to return, at the very least, both his Heartless and his Nobody must be defeated. We know Xemnas was defeated.
But what about Xehanort's Heartless? As I said, even though he was defeated, the heart still rests within Riku, unusable by Xemnas' body and soul. Well, not all of it anyway, thanks to AtW's explosion.

By answering what happened to Xehanort's heart in that explosion, we'll know who the next Xehanort will be.
Now, how did it effect Riku? It reverted him to his original self and, as Mickey said, made him no longer part of the dark realm. While I'm sure he's still capable of using darkness to a degree, I believe this implies that he was finally rid of the influence of the darkness of Xehanort's heart.

But just the darkness. In other words, the "MX" part of the heart was kicked out. But the Terra and Eraqus parts of the heart still rest within Riku.

So now we know that, when Xemnas is destroyed, the body and soul can combine only with Master Xehanort's heart. Now, while the body and soul may technically belong originally to Terra, the presence of a heart is what affects a person's appearance. This is why Xehanort looked like a combination between Terra and MX, and why Roxas (with only Ven's heart in Sora's body and soul) looked like Ven.

This makes a lot of sense, but my problem with it is how will Sora get Master Xehanort our and Terra back in to the body? It would be easier if Tera had returned with Master Xehanort as Xehanort the apprentice.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
& with MX keyblade and all of the 4 forms of Xehanort and Terra memories.

Probably not right away, but he'll gain them later.

It's true though.

And the heart was locked. If it was going to become unlocked, it would have happened when his heart and his body separated, but it didn't. And furthermore, he didn't willingly release his heart, he cast his shell off. Apparently there's a difference.

The line, if memory serves is darkness. And last I checked hearts=/=darkness.

See above.

I'm pretty sure that only HIS darkness remains of was purified by the explosion. There's no reason to say that it's still there when it was implied that it wasn't.

The heart containing MX's, Terra's and ME's heart is locked, meaning they wouldn't just separate like that.

Anyway, I believe XtA is coming back. I think he COULD be more MX like than previously before, but I still have my doubts.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Well in my opinion, it would be more interesting to have XtA return, rather than a Young MX. I'd like to think that even though it would make sense for MX to be in complete control this time, it might not be the case. The Terra side of Terranort locked the Hearts into one Heart, but it also locked the memories. I have no doubt that Xehanort will start to remember his time as MX, and possibly Terra, but I'd rather XtA to be in control with a mind of his own. Xehanort has all of these personas, and they each have a goal. However, these goals are conflicting. I think Square should take advantage of this and have Xehanort go crazy trying to find out who he really is.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Hold on, we don't KNOW that all their hearts combined and became Ansem SOD. That's still a debatable question.

Here's something nobody considers: what if apprentice Xehanort used his Keyblade to give into darkness? The reports hinted that he had used a Keyblade in Ansem's castle at least once.

So here's what I think: Xehanort used his Keyblade on himself, hoping to turn into a Heartless. However, when he used it, he released the hearts of Terra, MX, and Eraqus. MX's heart gave into darkness and turned into Ansem SOD, while Terra and Eraqus's hearts bonded together and found refuge in the Lingering Sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back