• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

That fight between Roxas and Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I was rewatching the Days scenes in preparation for 2.5 tomorrow and I wondered some things that I surprisingly never asked about before. When Roxas runs up Memory's Skyscraper he throws the Oblivion keyblade to Riku and they begin to fight each other. Why does Roxas do this? Why would he give Riku a weapon? You could say he wanted it to be a fair fight but that leads me to another question. Why didn't Riku use the Soul Eater?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If I recall correctly it was Xion who prompted Roxas to pass Riku one of his Keyblades. Roxas was about to storm into the castle with vengeful vendetta, and Xion knew that she wouldn't have made it out alive if he did.

... I think. But I know the second sentence is very likely true, thus her shouting, "Riku, please! You have to stop him!" when the two boys were fighting each other.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
If I recall correctly it was Xion who prompted Roxas to pass Riku one of his Keyblades. Roxas was about to storm into the castle with vengeful vendetta, and Xion knew that she wouldn't have made it out alive if he did.

... I think. But I know the second sentence is very likely true, thus her shouting, "Riku, please! You have to stop him!" when the two boys were fighting each other.

If she did prompt Roxas to pass it then it was off screen as the only time we hear her voice in the scene is what you said.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It was Xion's influence that made Roxas throw the Oblivion to Riku. Which is why be remembers her briefly when he catches it.

berrybob

Awards
This idea of Roxas fighting against Riku in memory skyscrapper is pretty old: The guys had this idea since the first Kingdom Hearts. (or the final mix one, i don´t know exactly) Anyway, when Xion´s voice is talking, Riku wasn´t with Oblivion Keyblade. Now this is another question...

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
This idea of Roxas fighting against Riku in memory skyscrapper is pretty old: The guys had this idea since the first Kingdom Hearts. (or the final mix one, i don´t know exactly) Anyway, when Xion´s voice is talking, Riku wasn´t with Oblivion Keyblade. Now this is another question...
I agree, it does seem like a case of "this was cool in theory, but now we need to have a reason". If memory serves, that was also the case behind many of the seemingly random quotes from the various secret endings; SE threw in stuff that sounded cool and that they knew they could work into the dialogue later.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
no he threw it as an attack, riku just caught it lol

No -

-- When Roxas tries to do what Xion has asked of him, Riku hears Xion's voice asking him to stop Roxas. Why?
Nomura: First he have to look at things in order. First, the reason why Roxas throws a keyblade to Riku, and we then see a vision of Xion, is that there is a small remaining part of Xion in Roxas that wants to stop him, and makes him take those actions. The name of the keyblade that is given to Riku suggests that it has something to do with Xion. Xion wants Roxas to set Kingdom Hearts free, but doesn't want him to face Xemnas right now. She sees that he would most likely lose. So she begs Riku to stop him. (interview with Nomura)

TheRealAnsem

Banned
No -

-- When Roxas tries to do what Xion has asked of him, Riku hears Xion's voice asking him to stop Roxas. Why?
Nomura: First he have to look at things in order. First, the reason why Roxas throws a keyblade to Riku, and we then see a vision of Xion, is that there is a small remaining part of Xion in Roxas that wants to stop him, and makes him take those actions. The name of the keyblade that is given to Riku suggests that it has something to do with Xion. Xion wants Roxas to set Kingdom Hearts free, but doesn't want him to face Xemnas right now. She sees that he would most likely lose. So she begs Riku to stop him. (interview with Nomura)

yea i was just joking lol

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Xion should have had more confidence, I think if it was a 1 on 1 fight, Roxas at that stage could have at least a good shot at beating Xemnas barring him Xemy outsmarting/using the org members as a shield.

Oh well :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back