• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thanksgiving

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's officially that time of year again, where we celebrate the holidays with our loved ones or go on long vacations. Or go out on Black Friday for those holiday deals. I know in Canada it's celebrated in October. But I'm curious what it's like in other countries because, I know some of you are from around the world.

So how do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Or do you not have Thanksgiving in your home country?

Any special traditions?

Any plans for this years Thanksgiving?

What are you thankful for?

What's the kindest thing you've ever done for someone else? Or what great act of kindness was done for you?

[Questions are optional.]

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's officially that time of year again, where we celebrate the holidays with our loved ones or go on long vacations. Or go out on Black Friday for those holiday deals. I know in Canada it's celebrated in October. But I'm curious what it's like in other countries because, I know some of you are from around the world.

So how do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Or do you not have Thanksgiving in your home country?

Any special traditions?

Any plans for this years Thanksgiving?

What are you thankful for?

What's the kindest thing you've ever done for someone else? Or what great act of kindness was done for you?

[Questions are optional.]

We have something...similar to Thanksgiving, called "Erntedankfest", although it is still a very different fest and we don't really celebrate that here anymore, or at least most of us.

My biggest traditions and plans for Thanksgiving are always "wasting to much money on video games" and "starting to get anxious about all those Christmas deadlines".

I can't name a single greatest act of kindness that was ever done for me, but there are a few things. I'm always very, very happy when people write me cards or create art for me, and I keep all of that in one of my drawers because it means a lot to me.
The kindest thing I've ever done...I don't know, probably creating art as well? I'm sure some of my former customers would say something like "she helped me find everything in the shop!!! SO NICE" and be all hype about it. xD Can't really say.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanksgiving for me is usually watching my mom cook and then eating it while watching bad holiday movies, but this year is...not going to be fun. I work at a retailer part-time and we aren't getting Thanksgiving off. Since I am always kicked out of the kitchen despite being a decent cook rarely help make Thanksgiving dinner, I've offered to work that day.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
For me, it's usually meet up with another family, watch/play football, and then eat, drink and be merry. Our fam might skip the meet up, but the rest is destined to follow.

Also..

TURKEY SANDWICHES FOR DAYYYYSSSSSSSSSS

Peace

Awards
I usually go to someone in my fmaily's house and eat. There is a tradition of mine where I say a joke grace before dinner. My first one was a few years ago and it went, "Dear nonexistent God, we made all this food ourselves. So thanks for nothing."

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I usually go to someone in my fmaily's house and eat. There is a tradition of mine where I say a joke grace before dinner. My first one was a few years ago and it went, "Dear nonexistent God, we made all this food ourselves. So thanks for nothing."
Be thankful that you have a family or someone close to you that you get to spend Thanksgiving with.

Soldier

Awards
For me, it's usually meet up with another family, watch/play football, and then eat, drink and be merry. Our fam might skip the meet up, but the rest is destined to follow.

Also..

TURKEY SANDWICHES FOR DAYYYYSSSSSSSSSS
YEAH-HAH! I hear that!
every year I try to continue a tradition that I've been working on for a long time. You know how after you eat the turkey on thanksgiving you begin to feel sluggish and sleepy right? well after eating turkey sandwiches EVERY SINGLE DAY of the year, I can proudly say I've grown an immunity to that drowsy feeling. While everyone around me is fast asleep, i'm still going like the energizer bunny.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
YEAH-HAH! I hear that!
every year I try to continue a tradition that I've been working on for a long time. You know how after you eat the turkey on thanksgiving you begin to feel sluggish and sleepy right? Well after eating turkey sandwiches EVERY SINGLE DAY of the year, I can proudly say I've grown an immunity to that drowsy feeling. While everyone around me is fast asleep, I'm still going like the energizer bunny.
If turkey makes you feel sleepy and sluggish, then it probably has something in it, right?

Kagayaki

Awards
Actually, it’s the massive amounts of carbohydrates with the turkey dinner that makes you feel sluggish and tired.

I’m being required to come to the old house on Thanksgiving. My dad always has holidays with too many people in that tiny ranch house and there’s so much drama and he has a short temper, an inflated ego and no manners. Every time I go back to that house, I’m reminded of another reason why I left.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Turkey is pretty dry for me. I don't really like the taste and from what I remember, it takes a long time just to cook right. I think you have to get it out the day before or something, in order for it to get to be prepared.

I do prefer cranberry jam for Thanksgiving. Turkey and Chicken are just overrated, you could also get salmonella poisoning due to not cooking those two fully unlike beef.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I usually celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and relatives every year. I help prep the food with my mom, while my grandmother brings in her newspaper full of ads. My grandparents and aunt like to comment on my potato peeling skills every year. lol. And usually the television has football playing in the ground for the guys. Sometimes we'll play a few rounds of card games. However, I'm not good at one of the card games in particular. And we sometimes go out on Black Friday for the holiday deals; which I'll be doing again this year. xD

Nah, no special traditions in particular. However, we do eat the same things every year. The Turkey is always good but, my favorite thing to eat the most is sweet potatoes. lol.

I'm thankful for my family, the roof over my head, the food in my belly that keeps me warm every year, and the good health we all have. And that everyone is happy. Most of the time. lol.

As far as acts of kindness go, there's a few I've done. Donating some dollar bills to charity, open/holding a door for somebody else, and putting together food boxes for those who need it. (However, it's been awhile since I've volunteered to help with food donations.) I can't think of there's something I've done towards one individual in particular, but I hope these count. And a tiny act of kindness done towards me was when, somebody paid the quarter I needed in buying hamburger buns one year. I felt embarrassed about it and it was supper time. Which was a year or two ago? I'm sure there are other acts of kindness done for me, but this is the most freshest one that comes straight to mind. xD

Last edited:

Kagayaki

Awards
I saw something interesting on TV about how Thanksgiving came to be in modern times. The first Thanksgiving used to be a dinner with friends of sorts, making temporary peace with the Natives. They only had what was in abundance at that time, like acorns, squash, and fish. The pilgrims and the Natives actually had several of these dinners per week. It wasn’t until during the Civil War, an abolitionist woman from a well-off family in the south suggested the idea of a day of giving thanks because tensions were high during that time, and just like today, America was politically divided. The food that is served during Thanksgiving now was the same food that her family served. The southerners pretty much accepted the idea, but subtly rebelled against it by bringing their own variations of food such as pecan pie and sweet potato pie. But to this day, we all enjoy it.

PrettyGuard

Awards
Thanksgiving is our way of giving back all the blessings that we have this year. We usually have a simple gathering with foods we love to eat. Definitely,we will spend this day with family and close friends.

Last edited:

Pokie

Not American, but Happy Thanksgiving to everybody who celebrates it !

(Very jealous about missing out on that mac and cheese, mashed potato and cranberry sauces. )

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
fried turkey is fanfuckintastic my fellows

happy thanksgiving brühs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back