• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Thank you in Japanese?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ogichi/ichigo

I figure Language would go with Literature. My friend and I are stuck on a... disagreement. My friend says that Domo means Thank you in Japanese and I say that Arigato means Thank you in Japanese. Every website I visit tells me I'm right and vice versa for her. Which one of us is right? Can someone please help?

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Zephyr doesn't know what they're talking about.
Listen to us.
We have more powerful name colors.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Arigato and Domo are both correct.
Look, there are a lot of ways to say one word in Japanese (arigato, domo (as in thank you), domo (as in saying a quick hello), mou (shit, too, geez), etc.). Stick to Japanese lessons to have a better arguement over that crap.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Oh for heavens sake . . .

Both are used to say thank you in Japan.

Domo is usually used as a quick little thank you to something like maybe holding a door open or something. Where as Arigatou has a stronger connotation, and is definately used in more formal contexts than Domo. Heck, even the phrase Domo Arigatou is used, which is similar to Arigatou Gozaimasu (thank you very much).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back