• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TGS 2018 Lineup Confirms KH3 Trailer, Demo, and Panel with Special Guests

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mad respect to Miyu Irino. I very much do not enjoy listening to the Japanese dub of KH, but having played 2 games in Japanese, (KH1 original out of curiosity and RE:Coded via emulator around it's release) the guy has kept his Sora ridiculously consistent and emotive and engaging, which can be easy to let slip after 16 years.

I really hope we can see some SICK MENU ACTION in the next trailer. My wildest hope is an appearance from Jiminy and his journal, with a new robust UI and cool detailed sections.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The reason I want to see Aqua in SF is because I don’t want her to just be relegated to original world appearances without making a few appearances in some Disney worlds either for a brief moment or as the actual Darkness manipulating things in that world. It would make her a more effective villain if she was there with more consistent appearances to make the idea of saving her more urgent and persistent throughout the game. Also like Baymax, she sacrificed herself for her friends and was left alone in a place that could drive anybody mad. She’d feel a kinship to him.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The reason I want to see Aqua in SF is because I don’t want her to just be relegated to original world appearances without making a few appearances in some Disney worlds either for a brief moment or as the actual Darkness manipulating things in that world. It would make her a more effective villain if she was there with more consistent appearances to make the idea of saving her more urgent and persistent throughout the game. Also like Baymax, she sacrificed herself for her friends and was left alone in a place that could drive anybody mad. She’d feel a kinship to him.

Agreed. I also think San Fransokyo is such an epic and unique world that it needs an epic and unique Organization member to match.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
it does makes sense to have aqua be there im more curious on the scope of the city though

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Would be cute if she treated Dark Baymax affectionately like Ventus. At least it would show she has some of her original self left despite Xehanort's influence.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
there isn’t a indication there won’t be a video Monday so i won’t rule it out yet

Well, of course. Square's not going to go out of their way to clarify where they're not going to show a trailer. I do think its possible that the TGS trailer will debut at the pre-show and then maybe a longer version will be shown at the stage event. But given that the KH3 stage presentation is 50 minutes long, I won't be surprised if they save the trailer for the actual event itself.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I do find myself curious about the BH6 world above all others. Are they really going to go out of their way to render an entire big city, and fill the ground area with details? Frankly, I do not think that to be a very good use of valuable development time. It's a waste in a few ways-- urban cityscapes are done in other games much better than will be done in KH3 (though I understand that San Fransokyo has it's own funky architecture and theme to set it apart), and scattering treasures throughout a city level could become a little boring.

It almost goes against all the other level design we've been shown. KH3's worlds have all seemed like very spacious and detailed 'adventuring maps', with interesting ways to get from point A to point B, be it traveling through vents, riding pirate ships, sledding, swinging from trees, or rail sliding through large corridors. This makes me think that instead of going through the effort to make a giant city level, we'll have a few key places of interest that we can travel to via flight, with that being this world's traversal gimmick.

With this in mind, we may select where we want to fly to in a menu, and then go on a flying minigame where you fight enemies in the sky; it could either be a more standard autoscroller, or we could have free motion in the air, like flight in KH1 or Star Fox 64's All Range Mode. If they want the world to feel more like an adventure rather than ping-ponging around a city, Sora's adventure may take him outside of the city and to a more linear location.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I do find myself curious about the BH6 world above all others. Are they really going to go out of their way to render an entire big city, and fill the ground area with details? Frankly, I do not think that to be a very good use of valuable development time. It's a waste in a few ways-- urban cityscapes are done in other games much better than will be done in KH3 (though I understand that San Fransokyo has it's own funky architecture and theme to set it apart), and scattering treasures throughout a city level could become a little boring.

It almost goes against all the other level design we've been shown. KH3's worlds have all seemed like very spacious and detailed 'adventuring maps', with interesting ways to get from point A to point B, be it traveling through vents, riding pirate ships, sledding, swinging from trees, or rail sliding through large corridors. This makes me think that instead of going through the effort to make a giant city level, we'll have a few key places of interest that we can travel to via flight, with that being this world's traversal gimmick.

With this in mind, we may select where we want to fly to in a menu, and then go on a flying minigame where you fight enemies in the sky; it could either be a more standard autoscroller, or we could have free motion in the air, like flight in KH1 or Star Fox 64's All Range Mode. If they want the world to feel more like an adventure rather than ping-ponging around a city, Sora's adventure may take him outside of the city and to a more linear location.

Yeah I hope it’s more than just a cluster of buildings that you can see in most modern setting video games. I’m hoping we’ll get to go inside some places to give it more depth, at least. To name a few, I’d like to see Hiro’s house, Fred’s mansion, and the university.

I also think we should have a fight on the bridge against a Gilgamesh Heartless.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
This is it. This is gonna be what kills me.

I am the biggest, BIGGEST Miyu Irino fan. I swear. I have every single one of his albums, collected all the weird magazines he did photos shoots in, watched literally everything he has ever voiced a character in even if he is a guest character in a one-off episode, sat through the weirdest movie of my life because he had a brief cameo...
Hell I even made my own Miyu themed board game to celebrate his birthday once because GOD HELP ME I AM OBSESSED.

And yet I've never been able to see him before because all the tickets to events and stage performances I knew he would be at were sold out, or I didn't win the lottery draw so I couldn't go...
Literally being able to just see him once has been a dream of mine since I was... 11 years old?

I am going to TGS this year on Saturday.

If I see him I am going to die.

Pray for me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
would tgs be a good place to reveal ff characthers?

I'd say so. Honestly, if they don't reveal any FF characters in the TGS trailer, that would seriously make me wonder where tf they're all at in this game. I know they're being toned down a bit in this entry, but I certainly hope Nomura doesn't have the impression that the FF characters aren't important. Their recognition by the gaming community might not be as important now as it was back in the KH1 era, but seeing beloved FF cameos is part of the fun of the KH series.

I've wondered the same thing. If they didn't limit exploration somehow, SanFran would essentially be a mini self-contained open world game which could absolutely bog down the pacing of the world, or make exploration feel out of place since you'd just be flying around aimlessly as opposed to exploring these adventurous maps with lots of variety and neat hidden secrets.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Aside from Leon and the gang they could reveal Lighting if they show some of Olympus in the new trailer.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Aside from Leon and the gang they could reveal Lighting if they show some of Olympus in the new trailer.

I wonder if Rinoa will show up in KH3 as well. There was that tiny hint in the credits of KH2, and one of her alternate outfits in Dissidia looked suspiciously KH3-esque.

I hope Noctis makes it in as well, but I almost feel as though Nomura decided to make Riku into "Noctis 2.0"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder if Rinoa will show up in KH3 as well. There was that tiny hint in the credits of KH2, and one of her alternate outfits in Dissidia looked suspiciously KH3-esque.

I hope Noctis makes it in as well, but I almost feel as though Nomura decided to make Riku into "Noctis 2.0"

I doubt we’ll see any XV characters. Nomura was pretty emotional about drawing him for Dissidia, and it just seemed like he hadn’t touched the character in years until NT started development.

It isn’t like Nomura to drop teases and not try to make it relevant over 12 years later haha so Rinoa could be in the cards.

All I really want is redemption for Laguna who got cheated out of his KH appearance because he could only be in one game between KH and Dissidia.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'd say so. Honestly, if they don't reveal any FF characters in the TGS trailer, that would seriously make me wonder where tf they're all at in this game. I know they're being toned down a bit in this entry, but I certainly hope Nomura doesn't have the impression that the FF characters aren't important. Their recognition by the gaming community might not be as important now as it was back in the KH1 era, but seeing beloved FF cameos is part of the fun of the KH series.
true but how long they could keep putting in the ff characthers in the series i mean it seems that ff charcthers are coming to end in kh3 wll for leon and the gang at least

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I doubt we’ll see any XV characters. Nomura was pretty emotional about drawing him for Dissidia, and it just seemed like he hadn’t touched the character in years until NT started development.

It isn’t like Nomura to drop teases and not try to make it relevant over 12 years later haha so Rinoa could be in the cards.

All I really want is redemption for Laguna who got cheated out of his KH appearance because he could only be in one game between KH and Dissidia.

Oh really? I didn't know that at all. That's so sad, I feel so bad for Nomura. Having a project that was so near and dear to him be taken from him the way it was, to the point where even drawing his own character makes him upset, breaks my heart. In that case, I expect nothing from XV to make it in and I am totally okay with that.

Oh yeah, he was supposed to be in Mirage Arena in BBS right?

true but how long they could keep putting in the ff characthers in the series i mean it seems that ff charcthers are coming to end in kh3 wll for leon and the gang at least

I mean, you could say the same thing with Disney content. How long could they keep putting in new Disney properties? The well of Square Enix content has a LOT more to pull from that the Disney side of things due to the FF aspect being mainly confined to cameos, so at this rate, they could probably keep it going for several more console generations.

UltimaXOmega

Please don't f*** up San Fransokyo. It needs to be the biggest world and full of people. I also want Rinoa in but not if her voice actress is as bad as she was in Dissidia.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Please don't f*** up San Fransokyo. It needs to be the biggest world and full of people. I also want Rinoa in but not if her voice actress is as bad as she was in Dissidia.

Times I wonder why bother having a F word filter if people are going to work around it or lack optimism

its one of last Disney worlds picked and they've been keeping it under wraps since, what we get is what we get

I am happy I'm just catching up with all the Disney Movies for KH3 this summer because I still have no connection to BH6 until I finish it

as for Rinoa, let's give the new voice a chance, we don't want too many Re casting over a voice

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I have no doubt SanFran will be full of NPCs and the like. The Tangled footage we've seen has proved that Square is finally adding NPCs to make the worlds feel alive this time. I just hope that they find a way to make the environment itself as fun and adventurous as they've shown the other worlds to look. I hope we can flowmotion on powerlines, for example.

One thing that REALLY worries me though is if they keep those "shiny walls" to indicate where you can wall-run in the final game, can you IMAGINE how bad that will look in SanFran with all of its city architecture?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
there isn’t a indication there won’t be a video Monday so i won’t rule it out yet
Maybe it could be a small version of the actual TGS trailer but a montage of the previously announced Disney worlds with new footage before ending the trailer with Sora riding on Baymax and a message saying "Stay tuned to Tokyo Game Show as we proudly present a Brand New trailer, September 22, 2018." So we shall see until Monday.

I agree with your statement alongside with Zip. Frankly, I am indifferent on who would be the Darkness for the Big Hero 6 world, but I really think that Aqua is set to be the darkness for Big Hero 6 world as it would be an emotional punch for Sora's character development.

Big Hero 6 is in the third set of Disney worlds alongside Pirates of the Caribbean so I don't think that some of the areas like the Cities, Skyscrapers, Hiro's House, Fred's Mansion, and the San Fransokyo Insititute will be inaccessible or be like empty movie sets/large rooms devoid of NPC's back in Kingdom Hearts II.

Another possible mini-game I would like to see implemented in the Big Hero 6 world is THIS:
giphy.gif

source.gif

Even if betting on Bot-fighting is Illegal as said by Hiro, I still say it would be a fun min-game for the world lol.

Lighting if they show some of Olympus in the new trailer.
I dunno, if we will get a new Final Fantasy character for Olympus much like in the previous games (Cloud - KH, Auron - KH2, Zack - BBS) cause now that Disney is now heavily involved with the Disney worlds including Olympus in KH3 instead of just Square Enix, they might be stepping back from the use of FF characters in this world and just have it stay true to the original movie compared to the past games that adapted Olympus/ Olympus Coliseum. Not to mention, that the KH3 plot is taking place during the climax of the movie (Hades and The Titans invading Olympus) and judging by the latest scenes from the E3 trailers and the Orchestra trailer (that remains exclusive but has been leaked by a few people), It doesn't look like we will be getting another Final Fantasy character in Sora's party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back