• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor

(Sorry if I messed this up, first thread and all.)

Didn’t come across a thread like this after some exploring, so, since the series gets over a millions views with each installment, I'd figured I go ahead and make one. And what better time to do so than with the recent release of the 50th episode. Does anyone here enjoy the TFS Abridged series?

latest

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I discovered them back in 2013. I marathoned through all the episodes at the time in a few days. Those guys are really talented at comedic timing and voice work

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I really do enjoy TFS Dragonball Z Abridged, if only because it brings some levity to the action-based world of Dragon Ball. That and Abridged!Semi-Perfect Cell is currently my favorite character of the series.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Don'r rememberwhen I discovered it, but it was before Namekamania and that's 2011. Never stopped following ever since. Even downloaded them to my tablet when I went on a trip and wasn't sure I'd have wi-fi in my room (I didn’t. Not really) I legitimately consider this to be the best DBZ dub.

Ep 50 was short, but on point. No joke fell flat imo and I like the parallels they drew between Vegeta and Cell. Can't wait to SS2 Gohan. I'm thinking they're gonna go the same route as with 16 and have Gohan draw out the fight in this version because Cell is technically part Goku.

My favorite is probably Episode of Bardock. They took something asinine and turned it golden (and beyond ridiculous). It actually had me wanting more Lord Chilled.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I just saw the new episode a couple of hours ago, so I'm glad to see we have a thread separate now just for the TFS dub.

I discovered the series like... pretty early. It was around the first few episodes, and when I was hugely in the DBZ/GT fandom online. I've been with it ever since, and I love it. I do have some gripes with the series here and there, but for the most part I love it. I think Dentim and I are on the same boat with this being the best dub, especially since this dub goes out of its way to include humor, character, and likability to people I originally could have cared less for.

I'm just dreading for when this series gets to the Buu Saga. TFS Gohan is probably my favorite character other than Piccolo, and with how Gohan is in the actual story during then, I just know Gohan's gonna get a good bashing (which is deserved because Toriyama is kind of balls at writing characters having a limelight other than Goku).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Tien has really has grown on me in Season 3. His brief fight against Cell was one of the best and funniest moments in the whole series.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
It probably would have been best to post this in the Dragon Ball Series thread.

I've been with them since the beginning. My friend sent me a YouTube link over AIM (Jesus I feeeeel oooooolllddd) and I've been following them since. They're definitely one of the reasons why I never truly left the fandom.

Emperor

It probably would have been best to post this in the Dragon Ball Series thread.

I've been with them since the beginning. My friend sent me a YouTube link over AIM (Jesus I feeeeel oooooolllddd) and I've been following them since. They're definitely one of the reasons why I never truly left the fandom.

I thought about that, but I figured that since the other DBZ thread was focused around Super it would be somewhat derailing to bring up an abridged series. I thought about just making TFS as a whole a thread, but couldn’t decide whether or not their Final Fantasy 7 series deserved its own spotlight, or if any of their entertain was worth making a thread over.

Anagram

Banned
Started this a few days ago and I'm up to episode 28 so far. Also watching their Xenoverse plays. I have literally laughed to tears at points.
Vegeta and Frieza are my faves so far.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I just saw the new episode a couple of hours ago, so I'm glad to see we have a thread separate now just for the TFS dub.

I discovered the series like... pretty early. It was around the first few episodes, and when I was hugely in the DBZ/GT fandom online. I've been with it ever since, and I love it. I do have some gripes with the series here and there, but for the most part I love it. I think Dentim and I are on the same boat with this being the best dub, especially since this dub goes out of its way to include humor, character, and likability to people I originally could have cared less for.

I'm just dreading for when this series gets to the Buu Saga. TFS Gohan is probably my favorite character other than Piccolo, and with how Gohan is in the actual story during then, I just know Gohan's gonna get a good bashing (which is deserved because Toriyama is kind of balls at writing characters having a limelight other than Goku).
I'm the opposite about Buu though: I can't wait for it. Not because I really like it or anyhing, but because shit gets so balls-out crazy there that I really want to see their take on it.

Tien has really has grown on me in Season 3. His brief fight against Cell was one of the best and funniest moments in the whole series.
I reviewed that scene over and over. It was just... perfect.
No better way they could've done it.
Started this a few days ago and I'm up to episode 28 so far. Also watching their Xenoverse plays. I have literally laughed to tears at points.
Vegeta and Frieza are my faves so far.
If Vegeta's your favorite, episode 50 is imo one of his finest moments. ;D
And Frieza... I really hope that they leave IN some of the filler moment just so we'll see him again. And the movie. Ye gods I hope they do the movie (or alternitavely, Super)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I hope that when they do the Android 13 movie it's a Christmas special. Makes sense since they're at the mall in the beginning and the bulk of the movie takes place in the artic

jnh71193

Awards
I hope that when they do the Android 13 movie it's a Christmas special. Makes sense since they're at the mall in the beginning and the bulk of the movie takes place in the artic

I believe the android 13 movie is coming out next.

Anagram

Banned
If Vegeta's your favorite, episode 50 is imo one of his finest moments. ;D
And Frieza... I really hope that they leave IN some of the filler moment just so we'll see him again. And the movie. Ye gods I hope they do the movie (or alternitavely, Super)
I'm up to the 30 numbers now haha. Vegeta and Tien are becoming my fave moments.
If they dont leave in Frieza I'll be sad. He's another good part.

Emperor

I'm up to the 30 numbers now haha. Vegeta and Tien are becoming my fave moments.
If they dont leave in Frieza I'll be sad. He's another good part.

Vegeta only gets funnier and funnier; he's absolutely hilarious in the Cell saga.

I think there's hope that they'll bring Freeza back, I mean Nappa still comes around every now and again.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Vegeta only gets funnier and funnier; he's absolutely hilarious in the Cell saga.

I think there's hope that they'll bring Freeza back, I mean Nappa still comes around every now and again.

There's Fusion Reborn, F movie, I thnk that's all Freezer's appearence I tihnk

And we all await the return of this for Goten's birth and Pan's.

[video=youtube;jtGkhZU7DNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtGkhZU7DNs[/video]

Anagram

Banned

Thats hyping to know. =D

Emperor

I wonder why Yamcha doesn't get an owned count? He arguably gets screwed over more than Krillin

I think it's because Yamcha doesn't do as much as Krillin anymore ever since he got blow up by the Sibamen. Krillin has more opportunities to get owned because he's actually involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back