• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

To be fair, at this point, SENA is like the red-headed stepchild of the family. Between the head office in Japan and Europe which is pretty much now in charge of all western territories, they don't get much say.

Wait, the main office for western SE is in Europe? So, why are they just now getting Re:CoM?

And this also just crushed my foolish hopes that the NA limited edition would have the game and artbook separate, since Europe is basically calling the shots on NA's stuff.

But, maybe not...?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

I mean, look at the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection. Eight games, 2 digital graphic novels, and a 100 page artbook and only costs $10 more than 1.5. Or a better way to look at it, $10 less than a new game. That's how you do a collector's edition.

Artbook sucked, though, as do the GNs. But that's not really a Limited Edition like Mark of Mastery, though. And even worse is that we're talking about one (handheld) game vs a bigger-than-normal collection for PS3. Obviously, the latter is going to give you more bang for your buck.

I'm not saying I think the MoM was great (I don't), but that's a retarded comparison.

Shogo-Kun

Awards

I guess that I'm the odd man out when I say that I actually like how the Limited Edition looks. I mean, having an artbook that doubles as a game case? To me, that's a smart design choice. It actually reminds me of my Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa Limited Edition that is siting on my shelf!

I'm actually kinda sad I don't have a PS3 at the moment, cause I would have preordered this in a heartbeat now that I'm looking at the final product.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wait, the main office for western SE is in Europe? So, why are they just now getting Re:CoM?

And this also just crushed my foolish hopes that the NA limited edition would have the game and artbook separate, since Europe is basically calling the shots on NA's stuff.

But, maybe not...?

This is a fairly recent change during this year. Lol Europe until recently was not really a big base of operations. When SE bought Eidos, it was much easier to build a structured European base, and just recently there has been a lot of downsizing done at SENA, while the European boss is now the president over all of the western offices.

Back when Re:CoM came out, this was DEFINITELY not so.

And I already told you they are the same. Why you refuse to believe baffles me. XD

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

And I already told you they are the same. Why you refuse to believe baffles me. XD

Because I want to believe you're wrong, but I already know you're right. That's okay though. Either my mind will accept it, or I will cave in the distant future and buy a second copy.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Why oh why must it break the street date everywhere but here? :(

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Artbook sucked, though, as do the GNs. But that's not really a Limited Edition like Mark of Mastery, though. And even worse is that we're talking about one (handheld) game vs a bigger-than-normal collection for PS3. Obviously, the latter is going to give you more bang for your buck.

I'm not saying I think the MoM was great (I don't), but that's a retarded comparison.

I was comparing it to 1.5's limited edition. Because 1.5 and Legacy are both remastered collections.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The message is soooo sweet though! And the new artwork! Nomura <3 Will follow the series until the end
Well that just burns my biscuits.
I definitely agree on the message though. It made me teary eyed.

limit

Re: Tetsuya Nomura&#039;s Special Message + Bonus Sketch

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The message is soooo sweet though! And the new artwork! Nomura <3 Will follow the series until the end

Alright, I'm really freaking pissed. Well, at least everything is compiled, and I still have a philosophy "Physical >>>>> Digital"

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

I was comparing it to 1.5's limited edition. Because 1.5 and Legacy are both remastered collections.

Still a bad comparison. As I mentioned, Legacy isn't a LE like MoM or 1.5's LE nor is it a regular remastered collection since it also includes a PS3 game, and 2 PSX games. If you want something more fair to compare it to, do it with MGS HD's LE which was $30 more for a 250-paged artbook.

Legacy isn't all that cracked out to be just coz it includes the majority of games. Short of buying everything MGS-related, or wanting to get into the series, there isn't much reason to buy it. Not worth it as much as even the regular 1.5; if at least for FM+.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Heck I'd have taken a reprint of that rare Spanish comic "The Sceptre and the Kingdom" which is vastly more interesting. While not canon or even drawn by Nomura, it was entertaining and something not everybody even knows exists.

HOLD UP! Honestly, I would have taken a translated The Sceptre and the Kingdom over even the Ultimania art O___O I've never seen a translated version of that comic (it has gotta be somewhere) so a physical, printed AND translated comic would just be too much for my heart to handle lol

On that note, do you know if there is anywhere where the comic is translated online?

AND NOTHING CAN EXPRESS HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM AT THE FACT THE BOOK AND CASE ARE ONE. :C

tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I cannot stand it when CE's don't include the main game case. IDK why, but I love having the main game case to put along with all my actual games and keeping the CE separate. When they include the game case like this, it makes the pure bulk package of the CE look very weird and I hate it. That being said, between eBay and GS's I am going to find a separate plain game case to use for 1.5 <_<

imagine if the preorder bonus is either Ventus, Terra or Aqua playarts and you get a random one.

That would be...kind of awesome lol xD Don't get me wrong, I would hate tracking them down (since I would have to track down them all being they are BbS) but I'd like to concept.

Square Enix should hire me because I know what the fans want.
BUT I WOULD BE EVIL TOO.

Pre-order here for a random playart.
Pre-order at this OTHER STORE for a special BIRTH BY SLEEP VOLUME 2 DLC code.
And then after everyone has rushed to pre-order those editions, a week before release I announce that the company has decided to release A THIRD bundle which is basically ALL OF THAT.
BRINGING IN THE MONEY.

The sad part is, I'd rather you do all that stuff you just said than have the disappointment they gave us. Even if you have all that to deal with, at least you'd be giving us NEW things we (by "we" I mean territories outside Japan) have not gotten yet so at least after we went through all the trouble we'd be satisfied with what we got.

Only thing I don't like is how they not only made it the shortest artbook ever (24 pages? Seriously?), but they didn't even make good use of the tiny space they gave themselves, because two of the pages aren't even art (the backsides of those translucent pictures) and then they filled up entire pages with ONE piece of art.

I understand people are upset with this artbook (I am too), but the sad part is that this isn't the first time SE has promised a KH artbook and it turned out bad. Point and case:

2Q==

The 1.5 artbook is godlike comapred to the BbS one. The BbS one has a few less pages, is 1/2 the size of the 1.5 one, next to no concept art (just the art that you see there like Peter Pan where it is renders that are on the main website) and a few CGI images that are literally from the game. That coupled with the 2 lithographs which are the size of and look like postcards, yeah, the 1.5 CE is amazing now that I think about it haha xD

Let's start a petition for a full-blown artbook for all released Kingdom Hearts titles instead, it' about time we get another one, the Kingdom Hearts Visual Art Collection was released ten years ago.

Besides petitions generally failing, I don't think we need to start a petition. SE will definitely release a Kingdom Hearts artbook BUT they will wait until after KH3 so that they can release a huge one that encompasses the entire Xehanort saga and it will be massive. The price point also will not be pretty (I'm think closer to $100).

Kevin Perez

Glad I didn't buy this! Was actually this close to reconsidering!

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Went ahead and pre-ordered the game just now. I go in and the guy at Gamestop looks perplexed and says, "Uh...it's a little late to pre-order since they ship the pre-ordered copies over the weekend." I ask him if there are any copies left over. He says yes. I'm wondering why there was even a problem.

It sucks that the art book is essentially a big ol' nothin'. I still wanted the Playstation Theme.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I would of really loved it had the art book been of unreleased art that was made during the development of kh1 but didnt make it into the game

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

HOLD UP! Honestly, I would have taken a translated The Sceptre and the Kingdom over even the Ultimania art O___O I've never seen a translated version of that comic (it has gotta be somewhere) so a physical, printed AND translated comic would just be too much for my heart to handle lol

It really would have been amazing. It was what gave the hope for a similar journey for Sora and Riku in the future, then we got it in KH3D! All we need now is a Sword in the Stone world and this comic will have been fulfilled indirectly xD

On that note, do you know if there is anywhere where the comic is translated online?

Um, I can't think of a site right now but a translation could be done...when I have a bit more free time.

whatever image you were trying to show

That image does not work.

the 1.5 CE is amazing now that I think about it haha xD

It certainly is better than the BBS CE, but still just as saddening xD

Besides petitions generally failing, I don't think we need to start a petition. SE will definitely release a Kingdom Hearts artbook BUT they will wait until after KH3 so that they can release a huge one that encompasses the entire Xehanort saga and it will be massive. The price point also will not be pretty (I'm think closer to $100).

Yeah, it'll probably happen. We can only hope that when it does, they release it worldwide rather than JUST Japan because come on. Globalization is impossible to ignore. I don't want to have to stalk my local Kinokuniya for it or pay a bunch of money importing it.

Glad I didn't buy this! Was actually this close to reconsidering!

I mean, if you live in NA you were getting it for free anyways. I do hope you still plan to pick up 1.5, though.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the game just now. I go in and the guy at Gamestop looks perplexed and says, "Uh...it's a little late to pre-order since they ship the pre-ordered copies over the weekend." I ask him if there are any copies left over. He says yes. I'm wondering why there was even a problem.

Um, I'm just as confused as you were xD You're picking it up in-store so lol

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The 1.5 artbook is godlike comapred to the BbS one. The BbS one has a few less pages, is 1/2 the size of the 1.5 one, next to no concept art (just the art that you see there like Peter Pan where it is renders that are on the main website) and a few CGI images that are literally from the game. That coupled with the 2 lithographs which are the size of and look like postcards, yeah, the 1.5 CE is amazing now that I think about it haha xD

Funny you say that. Though I do actually think the 1.5 artbook is really awesome (besides being the game case, since I agree with you on wanting the CE stuff separate from the physical disc) I actually liked the content of the BBS artbook a lot. But that's just me. Certain people are satisfied by one thing and that same thing would disappoint another.

I sure hope so. The day I see "Kingdom Hearts: Official Complete Works" or something like that available for pre-order, I will force feed cash to my computer monitor.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't find renders fascinating in any kind of collection when you can get them huge online in better quality:

http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom...nce/Renders/Characters/Traverse Town/Neku.png
http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom...Renders/Characters/Main Characters/Riku03.png
http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom...e/Renders/Characters/Traverse Town/Joshua.png

These aren't even the biggest that have been found, just the few I could remember being substantially big.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

You know, depending on how well Prima does on their special 1.5 hardcover strategy guide, it might just turn out to be an artbook in its own right. I remember the KH2 strategy guide being chock full of great art. Who knows? There won't be any unseen or rare stuff, but I'm sure it might be some nice damage control for those who are disappointed by the artbook's contents.

Kevin Perez

I mean, if you live in NA you were getting it for free anyways. I do hope you still plan to pick up 1.5, though.
Of course! It's just that the booklet never really called out my attention. I am mostly occupied with the game! I doubt I'd pay much to attention to it, either despite being free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back