• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

this image is full of so much crap :c

Preorder%20Bonus.jpg

LIES

ALL LIES

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This was the page they advertised would be in the book right? Only half of whats on the right page is there. No drawings of Halloween Town trio.
Preorder%20Bonus.jpg

They also showed character designs such as Riku would be in there. Just watch here:
[video=youtube;rZ0XHGdi-wM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ0XHGdi-wM[/video]

We thought we were getting a train, heartless design, Riku, other Sora emotions and more. But no, they advertised this and didn't deliver.
BTdmvwhCEAA7TNK.png

BTdmzNKCAAALg5U.png

BTdm6WHCIAApg47.png

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

this image is full of so much crap :c

Preorder%20Bonus.jpg

LIES

ALL LIES

That's what I mean. How are you going to post a damn picture of the game and the artbook side by side, implying that they are separate entities, and then turn around and make them one and the same? And yeah, that entire right page doesn't even exist. Maybe SE was debating what art to put in the book when they made that picture and the trailer and stuff?

Or maybe they're just full of shit. Seriously, TWO PAGES for one concept piece from Nightmare Before Christmas? TWO!?

EDIT: Guys, look at the fine print in the picture. Next to the little '*' symbol.

"Final product may vary from picture"

ORLY!?

I 100% know this because of my sources. Lol, I'm kidding. GameStop stores have been getting their shipments in.

Well... I don't know what to do then. I suppose I'll wait until the LE of 2.5 gets announced and if they pull this same thing with that, then I guess that would be fine since 1.5 and 2.5 would be the same. Even so, it'll feel so wrong to have my favorite games on PS3, but not have PS3 cases for them.

Bleh, knowing how I love to blow money for dumb reasons, I'll probably cave and just rebuy 1.5 in standard edition once the price dips a bit. Although, I'm not sure how long that'll take. The KH series tends to retain its value really well.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Personally, I'm okay with the way they incorporated the artbook and case. I wasn't expecting the artbook to be much of a great thing anyways. I like what they did. While I'd have preferred they be separate, the fact that the artbook's contents are really lame and I didn't have to pay any extra since it's a preorder bonus, I'm content with what I'm getting.

Exactly. I don't know how they went from the best god damn collectors edition ever with the Mark of Mastery Edition to...this. This is how to not do a LE. There are hundreds of examples of highly successful LE editions that SE could have used for an example. They had the MoM as an example!

Eh, I don't know if I'd call the Mark of Mastery Edition "the best god damn collectors edition ever". For only $15 more, it was pretty good I guess. I'm happy I bought it. But postcards and a 3DS case and some AR cards are hardly things I'd get very excited over, personally.

I mean, look at the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection. Eight games, 2 digital graphic novels, and a 100 page artbook and only costs $10 more than 1.5. Or a better way to look at it, $10 less than a new game. That's how you do a collector's edition.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I remember seeing many tweets by Japanese fans on the day the artbook was revealed as the preorder bonus. They were all pretty excited for it and 1.5 honestly had a ton of potential to sell really well.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I mean, look at the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection. Eight games, 2 digital graphic novels, and a 100 page artbook and only costs $10 more than 1.5. Or a better way to look at it, $10 less than a new game. That's how you do a collector's edition.

Yes. A thousand times. Other really good ones are the Diablo III CE and Sonic Generations. Those include SO many extra goodies, and the artbooks alone are mindblowing.

And you're right. I guess in all honesty there's nothing to complain about. I mean, the 1.5 artbook isn't amazing, but it's still really cool. Dat hardcover is sexy. And it's free. So, it's not like we're getting ripped off.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Now THAT is some bullshit.
It's worse considering that wasn't even properly announced. Everyone thought they would be getting the free preorder bonus in western territories until EU and PAL fans began noticing they were being charged extra. The descriptions had all been edited behind the scenes.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

I had a feeling that something was wrong when they charged me extra for the limited edition bundle, but i kind of shrugged it off, thinking that I didn't read it properly when SE said it would be free with your preorder.

Sad to hear.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

It's worse considering that wasn't even properly announced. Everyone thought they would be getting the free preorder bonus in western territories until EU and PAL fans began noticing they were being charged extra. The descriptions had all been edited behind the scenes.

I feel like someone should be sued or something...

On the brighter side of things, my oh-so-laid-back brain has already come to terms with the whole artbook/game case thing and has rationalized that it's somehow cool. Don't know how that happened, but in short, I'm totally alright with it now.

Honestly, I think it's just because my mind refuses to feel anything negative about Kingdom Hearts. How else could I feel like every game in the series is a 10/10?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

That's a nice artbook.

Well, it's a lot nicer than the one I got with Catherine, at any rate.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I do take issue with the fact that the artbook also serves as the game case. I hope that's just for Europe, because otherwise I can see myself importing a Japanese copy just for a proper case.

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards

I did preorder the LE edition a month ago but then I canceled it. I have the standard edition ordered now. It's more than enough to keep me happy for an entire year. Until II.5 comes.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I am going to get hated for this, but reading all the posts, I am just going to say this.

This is what happened ehen you expected something super awesome, and it's just something normal. So don't go getting pissed at SE for 'false advertisement', you thought what wasn't going to come (both the 1.5 Remix and the artbook). So don't expect much for 2.5 or it'll be a repeat all over again.

WastedPenguin

Awards

Maybe he wants to create a Special Console exclusive MMO like Kingdom Hearts Online mode.
That would be awesome because there is so much room for new ideas like new worlds and keyblades and all that stuff.
But i think its more logic that there will start a new era with Kingdom Hearts 4, Nomura announced it very often in the last years.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I am going to get hated for this, but reading all the posts, I am just going to say this.

This is what happened ehen you expected something super awesome, and it's just something normal. So don't go getting pissed at SE for 'false advertisement', you thought what wasn't going to come (both the 1.5 Remix and the artbook). So don't expect much for 2.5 or it'll be a repeat all over again.

But they made a video advertising artwork in the artbook that wasn't in the final product. That is the definition of false advertising. They showed us pictures of art we'd never seen, making us think "Ooh, rare art as a pre-order bonus? Hot dog!" and then there was no rare art.

They shouldn't have even made that silly artbook trailer in the first place.

Last edited:

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

But they made a video advertising artwork in the artbook that wasn't in the final product. That is the definition of false advertising. They showed us pictures of art we'd never seen, making us think think "Ooh, rare art as a pre-order bonus? Hot dog!" and then there was no rare art.

They shouldn't have even made that silly artbook trailer in the first place.

And guess what, that can be said with anything advertising something. It's the fault of the consumers or viewers expected what wasn't going to be what they wanted. Times I'm glad I shattered my Controler and didn't pre-order the thing, if I did have it, I be proud of having something for legel reasons (the art found online), than non-legal reasons and claiming it as my own.

And they shouldn't have made the trailer, you said. Be grateful they did this HD Remix people have been wanting for awhile now before it was announced. What are you going to do, get pissed at SE and write many hurtful message saying you were 'trolled, cheated, the list goes on'. Then be my guess.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

And they shouldn't have made the trailer, you said. Be grateful they did this HD Remix people have been wanting for awhile now before it was announced. What are you going to do, get pissed at SE and write many hurtful message saying you were 'trolled, cheated, the list goes on'. Then be my guess.

No, of course I'm not mad at Square for making 1.5. I remember, before it got announced, telling my friend:

"You know what'd be awesome? If they re-released every Kingdom Hearts game on PS3, and it included all the Final Mix versions too!"

And now, beyond all doubts, it looks like that is actually going to happen. So, no I'm not angry. I'm thrilled. But what I'm saying is that, in my opinion, this is a subpar product compared to what they were implying. It's not like I cancelled my LE pre-order of the game or anything. It's just less than what I would expect, considering that SE knows that Kingdom Hearts has an avid following.

But, like I always say, North American Square Enix loves to completely ignore Kingdom Hearts' western popularity.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

And guess what, that can be said with anything advertising something. It's the fault of the consumers or viewers expected what wasn't going to be what they wanted. Times I'm glad I shattered my Controler and didn't pre-order the thing, if I did have it, I be proud of having something for legel reasons (the art found online), than non-legal reasons and claiming it as my own.

I personally would have gone with "Even though we're all thankful for them even localizing the game to begin with, it's really disappointing that they advertised completely different content than what we would actually be receiving. Unfortunately this is rather common in advertising and we can't really do anything to change that."

But instead you went for the classic missing-the-point-completely-to-play-devil's-advocate-and-insult-everyone. Good job. B for effort, Z for your never-changing atrocious attitude :)

But, like I always say, North American Square Enix loves to completely ignore Kingdom Hearts' western popularity.

To be fair, at this point, SENA is like the red-headed stepchild of the family. Between the head office in Japan and Europe which is pretty much now in charge of all western territories, they don't get much say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back