• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Message for Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi]!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Message for Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi]!

Yes. Not having a game one year would year would be fine. I'm surprised he's managed to literally release at least one since 2008 with coded in Japan.

I'm not a wee bit surprised, seeing as how Kingdom Hearts has two development teams, and this social game is obviously being outsourced (I presume, correct me if I'm wrong).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm not a wee bit surprised, seeing as how Kingdom Hearts has two development teams, and this social game is obviously being outsourced (I presume, correct me if I'm wrong).

There is only one development team for Kingdom Hearts.

The Tokyo team has long since not existed and while the Osaka staff will be split into groups, it is still one entire team that works on different projects.

Square Enix has a mobile department that exclusively handles games like these.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

There is only one development team for Kingdom Hearts.

The Tokyo team has long since not existed and while the Osaka staff will be split into groups, it is still one entire team that works on different projects.

Square Enix has a mobile department that exclusively handles games like these.

Ooohh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. I thought they outsourced their mobile entries and sent someone to supervise the projects, hehe. But now that you mention it, yes, I am surprised they have managed to work on all of this. They must have some pretty stuffed schedules (and it must be draining to work on several projects at a time).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ooohh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. I thought they outsourced their mobile entries and sent someone to supervise the projects, hehe.

It depends on the project. Usually they will state when they outsource, but if they don't it usually means it is made by their own mobile department...Since it didn't say Success Corp. (the company that works on chi) developed it, this seems to be the logical conclusion.

Last edited:

Lycan212

As people have already stated since this game is focusing on the short term playing, instead of the long term playing, I'm calling it now, BBS v.2 being released then incorporated into a collection with, Unchained remake (like coded), and DDD HD remake, with the possibility of KH Reconnect somewhere. Before the release of KH3.

JulyUmani13

btw, for a "free2play", surely "UnX" will be more like a "pay2survive".

KHX isn't really a "pay2survive". It's more of a "pay2collect" in my opinion. Now, if you wanna see a real "pay2survive", go check out Final Fantasy Record Keeper. That's pretty much the very embodiment of "pay2survive".

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I don't know about BBSv2 at this point. Unchained Chi is cool, because it's already a developed game and they're just porting it to smartphones and tweaking it. BBSv2 would take away dev time from KH3, not to mention that Nomura already said that DDD was the last new entry before KH3. The remakes/remasters don't take away from KH3, but creating a whole new game would.

Personally, I think BBSv2 will be getting a "prequel-sequel" treatment, like Ghost of Sparta and GoW Ascension after God of War III came out. After KH3, perhaps BBSv2 will be the final entry in the Xehanort saga to fill in that final gap of mystery.

Or, and I would be totally cool with this, make it a movie. Days, Re:coded, and BBSv2 all as movies. If they wanted to get it out before KH3, I think that'd be the most reasonable option. But who knows what development sorcery Square has going on over there. Maybe it's possible for BBSv2 to release before KH3, if at all.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Nazo said:
Personally, I think BBSv2 will be getting a "prequel-sequel" treatment, like Ghost of Sparta and GoW Ascension after God of War III came out. After KH3, perhaps BBSv2 will be the final entry in the Xehanort saga to fill in that final gap of mystery.
Personally, I think the Xehanort Saga should end with Kingdom Hearts III, to be completely honest. It's a story that has dragged for too long and has been difficulty to follow for many players.
And Birth by Sleep Volume 2 doesn't feature any sort of interesting mystery. It's just what happened with Aqua during her stay at the Realm of Darkness, and if Riku, Mickey and Pluto ever encountered her at any given moment.

Or, and I would be totally cool with this, make it a movie. Days, Re:coded, and BBSv2 all as movies. If they wanted to get it out before KH3, I think that'd be the most reasonable option. But who knows what development sorcery Square has going on over there. Maybe it's possible for BBSv2 to release before KH3, if at all.
I think a BbSv2 as a thirty minute cutscene/mini movie could work best. It's something they can easily develop in comparison with an entire video game. They can even pack it with the possible re-release of Dream. Drop. Distance.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I agree. Just think about Days. Nomura really wanted to tell the story of Roxas' time in Org XIII, and I actually thought the story worked better as a movie than the actual game, mainly because the missions concept was rather tedious. Granted, the cutscene movie left out some great parts, but had they made the Days movie as well as they made the Re:coded movie, I think it'd be better than the game like the Re:coded movie is better than its game, in terms of whether you should take on dozens more hours by playing the game, or just spending 3 hours watching a movie.

And unless there's some great mechanic or something for BBSv2, I don't think it's worth making a whole game out of. Any battle mechanics worth creating a BBSv2 for should be implemented into KH3 to make it even better, and I doubt the story of Aqua and Mickey and Riku in the RoD has all that much going on for it. Riku and Mickey get separated and Riku ends up in CO for Chain of Memories. Mickey wanders for a while before he ends up in the same place. And Aqua wanders around until she finds the beach with Ansem on it. There. That's the whole game right there.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I think it'd be better than the game like the Re:coded movie is better than its game, in terms of whether you should take on dozens more hours by playing the game, or just spending 3 hours watching a movie.
I liked Re: coded's gameplay, tbch. It's a game that when I get bored I can grab and feel entertained for a couple of hours. And I've always liked games that revolve about being inside computers and stuff, hehe.

And unless there's some great mechanic or something for BBSv2, I don't think it's worth making a whole game out of.
Well, they already have the BbS engine on the PS3, but I doubt they'll develop BbSv2 on the PS3 (even though its alive and well).

Any battle mechanics worth creating a BBSv2 for should be implemented into KH3 to make it even better,
I don't think BbSv2 was supposed to be something more than some extra hours of Aqua gameplay, to be honest. I just thought of it as a game where you traveled through the worlds that by consumed by darkness, you fight one last super Pureblood Heartless, and you encounter Ansem the Wise and reenact the secret ending.

and I doubt the story of Aqua and Mickey and Riku in the RoD has all that much going on for it. Riku and Mickey get separated and Riku ends up in CO for Chain of Memories. Mickey wanders for a while before he ends up in the same place. And Aqua wanders around until she finds the beach with Ansem on it. There. That's the whole game right there.
Correct. But now that you mention Riku and Mickey ending up in Castle Oblivion, it's safe to assume that that was Aqua's doing. Perhaps she thought they were going to be safe over there? It's obvious that she's ignorant to whatever's happening at the Realm of Light, so she doesn't know that Castle Oblivion isn't safe anymore. And she would be more than willing to send Mickey to a safe place because he helped her and even rescued her and Ventus from space.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

To be honest, I always thought BbSv2 would be a pretty neat and interesting game, especially since we've never really explored the Realm of Darkness. I kind of really wanted to see Mickey's origins between BbS and KH1, see Aqua traversing through darkness and trying to protect the inhabitants there despite it nearly being a full's errand, and see what the diddly Kairi is doing in Twilight Town with Hayner and co. Would have a huge amount of impact on the overall plot? Probably since Nomura would shove something in cleverly think up something. But even if it didn't, it'd be fun nonetheless.

Don't know how specifically scenarios would have been or even how long they would have been, but I imagine we would have had Aqua's be from BbS to the end of KH2, where she meets Ansem, have Riku's probably be on the shorter side and be brief moments from KH1 and possibly Days, have Mickey jumping around the Realm of Darkness (and probably never actually running into Aqua), and then Kairi post-KH2 going to Twilight Town for whatever reason (maybe because the original ending for DDD was probably Sora being successfully kidnapped by Xehanort?).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

especially since we've never really explored the Realm of Darkness.
Although we briefly got to explore it in the Secret Episode, it would be cool to explore it once more and with extended areas (although I can't imagine the Realm of Darkness having any more unique features than those already presented). We can also see how the Heartless destroyed the worlds engulfed by darkness, but that would be pretty much it.

I kind of really wanted to see Mickey's origins between BbS and KH1,
I just think he peacefully reigned Disney Castle until he noticed the worlds starting to disappear and proceeded to speak with Yen Sid, who told him that he needed to look for the Inversed Kingdom Key in case the Door to Darkness were to be opened and that army of Heartless was to be released.

see Aqua traversing through darkness and trying to protect the inhabitants there despite it nearly being a full's errand,
I pictured BbSv2 as the game that had Aqua rescuing the worlds from the Realm of Darkness and them passing to the Realm of Sleep. Of course, she would rescue a handful of worlds, while the others were rescued by Sora when he unleashed Kingdom Hearts' light.

and see what the diddly Kairi is doing in Twilight Town with Hayner and co.
She was just studying, nothing more interesting than that. xP

Would have a huge amount of impact on the overall plot? Probably since Nomura would shove something in cleverly think up something. But even if it didn't, it'd be fun nonetheless.
The most I can picture him doing is having Aqua confront the Xehanorts once in a while, or even the Sixth Foreteller-Not-Apprentice himself, or someone else from the Chi universe.

Don't know how specifically scenarios would have been or even how long they would have been, but I imagine we would have had Aqua's be from BbS to the end of KH2, where she meets Ansem, have Riku's probably be on the shorter side and be brief moments from KH1 and possibly Days, have Mickey jumping around the Realm of Darkness (and probably never actually running into Aqua), and then Kairi post-KH2 going to Twilight Town for whatever reason (maybe because the original ending for DDD was probably Sora being successfully kidnapped by Xehanort?).
I pictured BbSv2 as Aqua's game. She would go from world to world, monologuing about her surroundings, about Ventus, the light, Eraqus, Terra, Mickey, and Riku. And at the end, she meets with Ansem, and after suffering through a lot of preoccupation during her traverse, Ansem comforts her and tells her that she does need not to worry, that the Realm of Light is safe with Sora around.

Lonbilly

Awards

Although we briefly got to explore it in the Secret Episode, it would be cool to explore it once more and with extended areas (although I can't imagine the Realm of Darkness having any more unique features than those already presented). We can also see how the Heartless destroyed the worlds engulfed by darkness, but that would be pretty much it.

I'll admit, I don't think there'd be more aspects than what the RoD already showed us, as well as how End of the World was in KH1, but it'd be fun to see how familiar worlds look all dank and depressing.

I just think he peacefully reigned Disney Castle until he noticed the worlds starting to disappear and proceeded to speak with Yen Sid, who told him that he needed to look for the Inversed Kingdom Key in case the Door to Darkness were to be opened and that army of Heartless was to be released.

I mostly meant origins by what he did in the RoD lol. My mistake.

I pictured BbSv2 as the game that had Aqua rescuing the worlds from the Realm of Darkness and them passing to the Realm of Sleep. Of course, she would rescue a handful of worlds, while the others were rescued by Sora when he unleashed Kingdom Hearts' light.

I could see her saving the worlds, though I don't see why/how they would pass to the RoS.

She was just studying, nothing more interesting than that. xP

She has a determined look while staring at the mansion, not to mention it's implied she's there after the events of KH2 for some reason. I don't think it's anything quite that dismal (or at least I'd hope not because that girl desperately needs a solo arc).

The most I can picture him doing is having Aqua confront the Xehanorts once in a while, or even the Sixth Foreteller-Not-Apprentice himself, or someone else from the Chi universe.

Seeing as how Nomura said the way time passes in the RoD is strange and not like in the RoL, it's very much possible someone from chi may be there in the RoD and has been there this whole time (but probably doesn't have much sanity left).

I pictured BbSv2 as Aqua's game. She would go from world to world, monologuing about her surroundings, about Ventus, the light, Eraqus, Terra, Mickey, and Riku. And at the end, she meets with Ansem, and after suffering through a lot of preoccupation during her traverse, Ansem comforts her and tells her that she does need not to worry, that the Realm of Light is safe with Sora around.

I definitely believe the bigger chunk would have been Aqua's game, but with how the actual teaser shows off much more than Aqua, especially things Aqua couldn't be present for, I have to think otherwise. Especially since I still fully believe that Ventus/Sora disapearing act we see at the end was probably somehow connected to the scrapped ending of 3D.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'll admit, I don't think there'd be more aspects than what the RoD already showed us, as well as how End of the World was in KH1, but it'd be fun to see how familiar worlds look all dank and depressing.
That would just be BbSv2's most appealing element: how did the worlds and its inhabitants end up. Speaking of which: we can see the rest of Radiant Garden when it was taken by darkness.

I mostly meant origins by what he did in the RoD lol. My mistake.
He must have encountered her at some time during the original KH, seeing as how he went looking for the Inversed Kingdom Key, so that must have taken him some time.

I could see her saving the worlds, though I don't see why/how they would pass to the RoS.
Remember that when Sora saved the worlds from darkness, not all of them returned to normal. Some of them stayed in slumber, waiting to be awaken in the Realm of Sleep. :>

She has a determined look while staring at the mansion, not to mention it's implied she's there after the events of KH2 for some reason. I don't think it's anything quite that dismal (or at least I'd hope not because that girl desperately needs a solo arc).
I just had a thought: what if they train Kairi in the cyberworld Twilight Town? xD
But yeah, judging by the fact that the mansion has been linked with Unicornis, it's possible we haven't seen the last of the mansion.

Seeing as how Nomura said the way time passes in the RoD is strange and not like in the RoL, it's very much possible someone from chi may be there in the RoD and has been there this whole time (but probably doesn't have much sanity left).
That's assuming they're even alive, seeing as how Heartless might have caught up to them at some point. I can understand that time passes differently, but the Keyblade War happened hundreds, maybe thousands of years ago.

Lonbilly

Awards

That would just be BbSv2's most appealing element: how did the worlds and its inhabitants end up. Speaking of which: we can see the rest of Radiant Garden when it was taken by darkness.

I almost forgot that we'd be able to see part of the Garden that broke off. Though, I'm not sure if it would be too thrilling since majority of what made RG/HB so cool was sill in the RoL at the time.

He must have encountered her at some time during the original KH, seeing as how he went looking for the Inversed Kingdom Key, so that must have taken him some time.

I honestly still believe that they didn't meet. I cannot see Mickey just leaving her there, since KH2's ending shows him just returning to Disney Castle and getting back to normal life (until Re:coded happens).

Remember that when Sora saved the worlds from darkness, not all of them returned to normal. Some of them stayed in slumber, waiting to be awaken in the Realm of Sleep. :>

If they did though, surely we would have seen Sora & Riku go to them an save them? I doubt Yen Sid would have just left them there to chill.

I just had a thought: what if they train Kairi in the cyberworld Twilight Town? xD
But yeah, judging by the fact that the mansion has been linked with Unicornis, it's possible we haven't seen the last of the mansion.

Considering that Kairi is technically a target inboth being a PoH and potential Guardian, I could see them refortifying the data TT and having her train there. Roxas was safe there for the most part with only DiZ, Rikunort and Namine guarding him. I'm willing to bet Kairi would be safe to train there if any of Sora & co. were standing watch. (though Lea's way of training with Merlin is probably more efficient).

I've seen the Unicornis thing brought up regarding the mansion, but I cannot make any connections from memory. What is it that people are theorizing that makes them connected somehow?

That's assuming they're even alive, seeing as how Heartless might have caught up to them at some point. I can understand that time passes differently, but the Keyblade War happened hundreds, maybe thousands of years ago.

Oh, they definitely might be dead. But the thing about RoD is we don't really know how much time passed while Aqua was down there. It's about 11 years in the actual timeline, but it could have been anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of months to Aqua. So it's possible, albeit unlikely, someone from chi may be sneaking around down there. Probably not, though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I honestly still believe that they didn't meet. I cannot see Mickey just leaving her there, since KH2's ending shows him just returning to Disney Castle and getting back to normal life (until Re:coded happens).
Good point.

If they did though, surely we would have seen Sora & Riku go to them an save them? I doubt Yen Sid would have just left them there to chill.
Well, some worlds could have returned to normal, while others would go to sleep.

Considering that Kairi is technically a target inboth being a PoH and potential Guardian, I could see them refortifying the data TT and having her train there. Roxas was safe there for the most part with only DiZ, Rikunort and Namine guarding him. I'm willing to bet Kairi would be safe to train there if any of Sora & co. were standing watch. (though Lea's way of training with Merlin is probably more efficient).
Good observation.

I've seen the Unicornis thing brought up regarding the mansion, but I cannot make any connections from memory. What is it that people are theorizing that makes them connected somehow?
The mansion has unicorn motifs here and there, plus the fact that the mansion suffered from battles. Yes, Riku could have fought Nobodies and Heartless there, but it's also possible the mansion was like that when they arrived.

Lonbilly

Awards

The mansion has unicorn motifs here and there, plus the fact that the mansion suffered from battles. Yes, Riku could have fought Nobodies and Heartless there, but it's also possible the mansion was like that when they arrived.

I have always been of the opinion that the mansion had something to hide, so I fully believe it could be connected to the foretellers. I find it hard to believe that DiZ and co. were able to move EVERYTHING from CO over to TT's mansion. (I also remember seeing someone theorize that, since there is six pods in the mansion, that it could have been used by six foretellers, although highly unlikely).

Plus, Riku technically only fought outside of the mansion (that we saw, at least). I'm more than willing to bet that the inside damage the mansion had wasn't from him.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

like the Re:coded movie is better than its game, in terms of whether you should take on dozens more hours by playing the game, or just spending 3 hours watching a movie.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I disagree. Re:coded is a fantastic game and while the movie certainly suffices as far as the story goes, I always recommend that people give the actual game a shot because of how enjoyable it is.

There's also something lost in the Castle Oblivion segment in the movie. The viewer has no agency and there is no canon path, so the whole "do what you will with their non-existent hearts" concept falls short. It was definitely meant to have player input.
I doubt the story of Aqua and Mickey and Riku in the RoD has all that much going on for it. Riku and Mickey get separated and Riku ends up in CO for Chain of Memories. Mickey wanders for a while before he ends up in the same place. And Aqua wanders around until she finds the beach with Ansem on it. There. That's the whole game right there.
But that's not the whole game.

Like previous games in the series, we could get stories from outside the main scenario. We could get more information about Xehanort's time as an apprentice, Mickey and Ansem's relationship, all the stuff that happened outside of the Realm of Darkness in the decade between BbS and KH1.

Also, since it wouldn't surprise me, BbSv2 could potentially shed light on some mysteries present in KHIII​.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I have always been of the opinion that the mansion had something to hide, so I fully believe it could be connected to the foretellers. I find it hard to believe that DiZ and co. were able to move EVERYTHING from CO over to TT's mansion. (I also remember seeing someone theorize that, since there is six pods in the mansion, that it could have been used by six foretellers, although highly unlikely).

Plus, Riku technically only fought outside of the mansion (that we saw, at least). I'm more than willing to bet that the inside damage the mansion had wasn't from him.

I'm one to think that the Foretellers died after the Keyblade War and that the only way for them to return is through time travel. Perhaps the purpose of time-traveling wasn't to exclusively make the Xehanorts return, but also those from waaay more in the past...?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Oh, I'm not saying Re:coded isn't worth playing. Hell no, that game has some of the most enjoyable gameplay of any game ever, imo. What I was saying is that, in terms of just the story, the movies for both Days and Coded do a better job at explaining everything. Hence why, if BBSv2 really has that much plot importance but is too short to make a game out of or would delay KH3, then it'd be a good idea to make a movie like the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back