• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Message for Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi]!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

A game announcement just wouldn't be complete without a word from the director! Tetsuya Nomura had few words to say about the game's upcoming launch, and hopes that players and non-players of the original Kingdom Hearts X[chi] looks forward to it!

Translations are provided by Zephyr:

Wielders of the Keyblade, it's been a long time.
This time, for the smartphone,
The KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ service has been announced.

The game has been adapted for the smartphone.
Now you can feel free to enjoy such a specification for any length of time.
Furthermore, “Unchained” has the definition of something being released.
Meaning that it is brought outside to mobile,
And its meaning will also become apparent in future narratives.

χ and Unchained χ,
Even though the two χ share the same worlds and stories,
Its mechanisms are not the same.
The meeting and farewell of Ephemera, and the glimpses of mystery behind Chirithy,
Finally, the foretellers will begin to move with their own intentions.

But still, it isn’t too long until the start of Unchained χ’s service.
Of course, the service of KINGDOM HEARTS χ,
will still continue and those who have gotten to play it in advance saves you time.
In the future, it is expected to become more and more connected to Unchained χ.
Also, for Keyblade wielders and newcomers,
Thank you for continuing to enjoy KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi].

KINGDOM HEARTS Series
Director Tetsuya Nomura

Source: SQEX BRIDGE

For more information on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi], please check Series Director Tetsuya Nomura's latest interview with Famitsu Weekly, where he talks about the changes being made to Unchained, as well as benefits for players of the original X[chi]!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Message for Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi]!

"Finally, the foretellers will begin to move with their own intentions."

KH version of the Red Wedding coming soon. #itsconfirmed

I wouldn't have thought way back when chi started that I'd be saying this, but I'm really interested to see what direction the story is going in now.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Furthermore, “Unchained” has the definition of something being released.
Meaning that it is brought outside to mobile,

What
What
What
What

GIVE ME THE GAME ALREADY

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

But guys. Future narratives. Plural.

BBSv2?? ;~;

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

BBSv2?? ;~;

tumblr_inline_nmdre6RuWE1t83qge.gif

Too soon. </3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura&#039;s Message for Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi]!

tumblr_inline_nmdre6RuWE1t83qge.gif

Too soon. </3
This E3... certainly it will happen this time... ;~; Right?!?!??!?! *mental breakdown*

tumblr_mhba6yBSOU1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This E3... certainly it will happen this time... ;~; Right?!?!??!?! *mental breakdown*

tumblr_mhba6yBSOU1qbc2ylo1_500.gif
Don't get your hopes up, Queen of all that is pure and maple-y.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Don't get your hopes up, Queen of all that is pure and maple-y.
;~;

I always try not to but I always do.

Sobs. At least Unchained Chi will be there to comfort me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

E3-wise, I think DDD is probably a potential surprise. Minimal FFXV presence, Chi is now being localized which means that DDD is LITERALLY the only game in the series that has not received some sort of "upgrade" like all the others have, plus they already announced Unchained X so that removes that as being an announcement at E3. What else is there? With Nomura talking about D23 for KH3, I'm not sure they'll show much of it at E3.

I also hope that Unchained X isn't our "one game a year" title. I don't want to wait until 2016 for DDD HD and then 2017 for KH3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Nothing stopping them from doing 2 a year. one a year is more a minimum quota.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

One a year was more a hope of Nomura's to reach, not a guaranteed promise.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Surfed through the Japanese message boards and more than half are not excited for this. More of a "I'll still try it" view.
Main reason being how Unchained X is designed.

The article emphasizes a lot on Unchained X being made for short playing time. But this is not how mobile gaming is like in Japan. Mobile gamers here pretty much spend the entire day on it so this concern is unnecessary. Plus the descriptions of Unchained X make it seemed like it's just KH X Lite.

There is a big worry in its sustainability as well. Mobile gaming is the most profitable gaming medium right now. There is very little DLC stigma in Japan. The basic thinking is "we don't mind paying for the fun", a good example is how our arcade industry is still thriving and popular even though it costs US$5-8 per play. I don't think Japan is the source of DLC, but we are definitely the main culprit for making it prosper. So you can't blame more and more companies moving into this industry since this is where the profits are.

So Unchained X will be entering the most cut-throat gaming industry. There are companies like Sega (especially Sega) that will end their mobile games the moment profits are stale. Players are worried that the premium base will not be able to sustain it. From our point of view, the popular mobile games overseas are like clan of wars, candy crush, etc which are short. In Japan, majority are RPGs (card RPGs, action RPGs, etc). Premium playing overseas are mostly on things like extra health, extra turns, more continues, etc. Here we have those on top of the main money source: draws. Hundreds of Chi players spend a least US$100 per week to buy card packs and consecutive draws, on top of $1~$30 per day on the AP/BP restoration. And even this revenue is incomparable to the popular mobile games.

In other words, Unchained X really needs the support of international players when it's localized. Well it's created for that purpose anyway.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

So Unchained X will be entering the most cut-throat gaming industry. There are companies like Sega (especially Sega) that will end their mobile games the moment profits are stale. Players are worried that the premium base will not be able to sustain it. From our point of view, the popular mobile games overseas are like clan of wars, candy crush, etc which are short. In Japan, majority are RPGs (card RPGs, action RPGs, etc). Premium playing overseas are mostly on things like extra health, extra turns, more continues, etc. Here we have those on top of the main money source: draws. Hundreds of Chi players spend a least US$100 per week to buy card packs and consecutive draws, on top of $1~$30 per day on the AP/BP restoration. And even this revenue is incomparable to the popular mobile games.

In other words, Unchained X really needs the support of international players when it's localized. Well it's created for that purpose anyway.

This is (slightly) touching circular logic for me: Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] (and at least by extend Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ too) is designed like a a money trap, so we should all keep spending money to sustain it.

I wouldn't have a problem buying Unchained χ for moderate price (since it's not a finished game) with the option to buy new worlds and extend the story, or alternativly buying it for the full price and get the updates when they are done.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

One a year was more a hope of Nomura's to reach, not a guaranteed promise.

I mean, they did release 1.5 and the original Chi in the same year. So, it's happened before (sort of) that they've released multiple games in one year. I'm just hoping we get DDD HD or the ReMIX's on PS4. DDD HD could release around the same time that 2.5 did last year.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

And I'm saying that if they didn't release one game a year, Nomura isn't in trouble since it was just something he was aiming for. Luckily for him, he's managed to do it since 2007.

Rokuborn

Awards

Here we have those on top of the main money source: draws. Hundreds of Chi players spend a least US$100 per week to buy card packs and consecutive draws, on top of $1~$30 per day on the AP/BP restoration. And even this revenue is incomparable to the popular mobile games.

just to say... HOW do you in Japan earn so much to spend on games? T_T
if you say it's "easy" or not "so hard" i'll prepare bag and take the first plane to come where you are.
btw, for a "free2play", surely "UnX" will be more like a "pay2survive".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

just to say... HOW do you in Japan earn so much to spend on games? T_T
if you say it's "easy" or not "so hard" i'll prepare bag and take the first plane to come where you are.
btw, for a "free2play", surely "UnX" will be more like a "pay2survive".

I'm not Japanese so I am not answering as a person in Japan, but I can say that when you pay into these games it isn't a very big investment at the start. You pay like $2-3 on an item or time recovery and then you are done. You do it everyday and then eventually the costs rack up. It's a silent money hole because you think it's a small amount you are putting in every day but over time it adds up.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Oh, I'll support it. I won't hundreds of dollars a month support it, though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Am I the only one thinking that "unchained" will be a bit overused during KH3? xD

The meeting and farewell of Ephemera, and the glimpses of mystery behind Chirithy,
Looks like Chirithy's mystery will be... Un-chained... :cool:

Looks like the Foretellers' internal agenda will be... Un-chained... :cool:

BBSv2?? ;~;
I immediately thought of a possible secret ending for KH3D HD (assuming they remaster it, which is more than likely). But traversing the Realm of Darkness with Aqua in BbSv2 and have her rescue Chi's world from that Realm makes sense. Looks like she might be able to... Un-chain those worlds from the Realm of Darkness... :cool:

Surfed through the Japanese message boards and more than half are not excited for this. More of a "I'll still try it" view.
Main reason being how Unchained X is designed.

The article emphasizes a lot on Unchained X being made for short playing time. But this is not how mobile gaming is like in Japan. Mobile gamers here pretty much spend the entire day on it so this concern is unnecessary. Plus the descriptions of Unchained X make it seemed like it's just KH X Lite.

There is a big worry in its sustainability as well. Mobile gaming is the most profitable gaming medium right now. There is very little DLC stigma in Japan. The basic thinking is "we don't mind paying for the fun", a good example is how our arcade industry is still thriving and popular even though it costs US$5-8 per play. I don't think Japan is the source of DLC, but we are definitely the main culprit for making it prosper. So you can't blame more and more companies moving into this industry since this is where the profits are.

After reading this, I'll DEFINITELY try to use microtransactions.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

And I'm saying that if they didn't release one game a year, Nomura isn't in trouble since it was just something he was aiming for. Luckily for him, he's managed to do it since 2007.

Yes. Not having a game one year would year would be fine. I'm surprised he's managed to literally release at least one since 2008 with coded in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back