• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura talks connection between KH3 and Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The last two pages of Series Director Tetsuya Nomura's interview with Famitsu revealed a few new details about the connection between Kingdom Hearts 3 and Unchained X.

– Concerning the story, with KHχ that precedes it, the scenario in KH Unchained χ will be easier to catch up?

Nomura: Yes, it’s because I think proceeding through KHχ’s story is time consuming to catch up.

– So we will be enjoying the story in how KH Unchained χ relates to KHIII.

Nomura: That’s right. Leading to KHIII, it’s the most ancient story in the series, and Sora and gang wouldn’t be in these worlds… it will take a look on what has happened a long time ago. New keywords will appear for KHIII if you play KH χ or KH Unchained χ, it will make you think “oh?”. In addition, we thought about gimmicks that would be “good to play”.

- In relations to the keywords, there is likely a whole bunch of them that ties in KHIII.

Nomura: When explained, it becomes possible to talk about the story of KHIII (laughs). However, I will say it’s a story that wouldn’t really hurt to know. KHχ is just a fancier way to experience what is in KH Unchained χ…

Players collect medals to attach to their Keyblade to deal deathly attacks to Heartless!

- Again? Earlier you told us about “going back between the two worlds” and how are KHχ and KH Unchained χ different?

Nomura: I guess so (laughs). Soon, there will be a hint for the next story scheduled for KHχ. Because I am able to enhance the execution of the story in KHχ, it will be possible to look forward to future story progressions. It should be noted that in the story of KH Unchained χ, which will be essentially the same as KHχ, there are tricks to enjoying both of these two works.

- For the future of the story, would you be able to tell us a little more?

Nomura: The scenario heads towards depicting the beginning of the 'Keyblade War' that occurred. However, as there are Keyblade Wielders in the World later on, they must not all have been destroyed in the Keyblade War. That is the basis of this story.

Fight massive Heartless and get rewards for your team!

- Since it has been stated there would be a Keyblade War, it would have scenarios dedicated to it?

Nomura: The outline is. KH χ and KH Unchained χ tell the story of how everything began. Why was Xehanort so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts? You should be able to glimpse the reason for that during these two titles. 

- That is an eventful (laughs). In addition, I think there is progression between the Book of Prophecies and the foretellers.

Nomura: The Foretellers are the equivalent to those known as Keyblade Masters in the future of this universe, and from hereon out they will start to make their own individual moves. Also, thanks to a character named Ephemera who appeared in the new scenario in KH χ, players should have some doubts about the Foretellers and the Unions. From there we will chase the mysteries of the Foretellers and the Book of Prophecies, and draw closer to the Keyblade War. However, players are trying to avoid war breaking out, so please keep an eye on what happens with that.

Collect new costumes to customise your avatar!

- So this means, I have no choice but to play to prepare for KHIII!

Nomura: If you do know, then you will enjoy the world of KH all the more, make no mistake. However, you don't have to know everything. The protagonist himself, Sora, doesn't know everything. That said, I'd be happiest if you did play it (laughs). If you do give it a try, I think you'll be surprised at what a rich experience you get for free.

Furthermore, another details has emerged from Famitsu, that in regards to the worlds in KH Unchained X;

Additional Information: The Book of Prophecies talks about the triumph of darkness.
Five foretellers were given a passage that says, “The light has been extinguished by the war of this land. The world is covered in eternal darkness.” It describes that the victory of darkness has been determined. In order to prevent it, many Keyblade wielders were made to collect the light.

Additional Information: Hidden power of the Book of Prophecies
In the series, it is possible to reproduce the future of the world by the Book of Prophecies. It is told to obtain people and power from the future. In KHχ, Ephemera discussed that the Book of Prophecies caused faraway worlds to be reproduced within the vicinity. This explains the emergence of Disney characters whose presence came from the future.

Keep in mind that in Re:coded, it was revealed that Maleficent knew about the Book of Prophecies and thus her story arc in Kingdom Hearts 3 will likely be about finding the book, which makes this information all the more interesting in how future updates will tie in with Kingdom Hearts 3!.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura talks connection betweet KH3 and Unchained X

This was all fun and games until Nomura started insinuating plot-related reasons for Chi and Unchained lol

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Just the part where he says "Sora doesn't know everything", will just make things more interesting for future titles I believe.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Just the part where he says "Sora doesn't know everything", will just make things more interesting for future titles I believe.
I think it's more the case that, as we get to see more than Sora, we know more about why things are. Sora only knows what he's been told.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

All this Unchained news got me like

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31250-1414643454-13.gif

This interview makes me feel like Nomura is setting up something big for Maleficent. Like, as in she's going to be a real threat in KH3. Can this truly be?!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

NOMURA PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE

Can this truly be?!
Man, it better be. No more weird KH2 castle hunting with Pete shenanigans.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Man, it better be. No more weird KH2 castle hunting with Pete shenanigans.

I swear, Maleficent's plot in KH2 was essentially just hunting for castles and then making comments about how she would decorate the interior.

Luckily, this sounds like she (finally) has a plan again.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The wording of some of these answers has me confused. χ and Unchained χ are the same game, right? Just one is the browser game in Japan and the other is a smartphone port? Kinda like how coded is a pre-installed app only on that one model of Japanese phone, but Re:coded is a DS game?

He's making it sound like Unchained χ has a different plot or is a sequel or something. Or maybe I'm just reading terribly right now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Unchained χ is a more streamlined version of χ, which, I believe, makes the plot more approachable and easier to follow.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The wording of some of these answers has me confused. χ and Unchained χ are the same game, right? Just one is the browser game in Japan and the other is a smartphone port? Kinda like how coded is a pre-installed app only on that one model of Japanese phone, but Re:coded is a DS game?

He's making it sound like Unchained χ has a different plot or is a sequel or something. Or maybe I'm just reading terribly right now.

I don't even know. He continuously speaks of the two as if they're both different and the same at the same time. It's crazy, and after 5 months of no KH news, I'm not ready to deal with this.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Unchained is definitely a sleeker/quicker version of Chi... but he's definitely, maybe inadvertently but still, indicating the two titles are different in some meaningful way.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Oh, okay. So, in terms of story, it's like the Recoded movie, where when you play the game it's all kinds of complicated and drawn out, but then the movie brings it all together nice and simple, despite being a damn LotR movie in length. And then Unchained χ will be like that, taking all the mumbo jumbo of the PC game, and simplifying it into a better explanation? And then in addition to that, they're adding new stuff and changing it for smartphone controls? Right?

You know what, don't correct me if that's wrong. I'm just gonna go with that until we get some iron-clad clarification.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Why was Xehanort so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts? You should be able to glimpse the reason for that during these two titles.

So we will see how Xehanort got the obsession of the Keyblade War/Kingdom Hearts, if I read this correctly? Or we will see the events that he will later grow an obsession on?

It will be fascinating to see the Foretellers starting to act with their own agendas. I wonder what sort of goals they possess? There must be people who wan to stop the war for happening, but what if there are those who want to see it happening? Maybe we will see the actually catastrophe that destroyed the entire universe.

I would also like to see the life of the survivors after the war. Keyblade wielders must not have been popular after that.

All this X news are so refreshing after the long dry season without news.

Axel92

Awards

Damn Nomura, you are way too cryptic!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That awkward moment when you misspell "Between" as "Betweet".
On the other hand, that good moment when no one noticed.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh yeah, that's another interesting thing about Unchained Chi. Learning about why specifically Master Xehanort is obsessed with KH. Up until now, we've assumed it's because he wants the power within to remake the universe as he sees fit (an assumption that is based on a lot of evidence and the Reports, mind you) but we've never actually been told conclusively what Xehanort plans to do with Kingdom Hearts, nor what Kingdom Hearts actually is.

Should be fun to find out.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Oh yeah, that's another interesting thing about Unchained Chi. Learning about why specifically Master Xehanort is obsessed with KH. Up until now, we've assumed it's because he wants the power within to remake the universe as he sees fit (an assumption that is based on a lot of evidence and the Reports, mind you) but we've never actually been told conclusively what Xehanort plans to do with Kingdom Hearts, nor what Kingdom Hearts actually is.

Should be fun to find out.

Holy heck. If we see the war in X, there is slight possibility we might see a glimpse of the real KH. Or maybe they save it for KH3?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
okay so call me dumb but I just need this confirms....KH χ ~ KH Unchained χ correct? meaning I don't have to continue to worry about not having played KH χ once this gets localized?

Yes they are the same.

We still don't know what new things they are going to do for Unchained's story but the main stuff should be the same. Since they mention Unchained X is a way for X players to relive the story.

The new things may even just be the presentation, seeing from how the characters seemed like sprites in the screenshot. So we'll see when the game is released.

I've become really suspicious of the things game developers say after the monstrosity called Tales of Zestiria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back