• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura talks connection between KH3 and Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Oh boy so much material to work with. A part of me believes the fabled Book of Prophecies is somewhere in the Realm of Sleep.

Question for Chi players, are the other players part of the story's canon or is your Avatar considered the sole "protagonist"?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm. So. Excited. GAH! God bless you, SE. God bless you!

Also, I feel like this interview really cleared some things up, and hinted at a lot.

And I especially like that Nomura mentioned that you don't necessarily have to play this game (as even Sora doesn't know everything) for III, but if you do you'll have a richer experience in it.

Makes me feel a bit more hopeful for the casuals, that not everything in III will be influenced by this title (though I, personally, wouldn't mind that at all... Well, as long as everything else also gets sufficiently covered in III, that is).

Really looking forward to the medal system now, and how that might be...

I'll miss the cards somewhat, though:/ But whatev.

But man, this is the best KH news--and news in general!--that we've gotten in a long time. I'm looking forward to this all, definitely:D

(And now I have to decide if I'm going to carry over my Chi character, make a new one entirely. Decisions, decisions.)

Edit: I just realized that if we're right about the Rebirth theory, then that means we're eventually going to see the equivalent of Ven killing Riku, and things like that. Gah! I don't know if I'm ready for this now! I don't know if I can handle all that! KH's version of the Red Wedding indeed!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh boy so much material to work with. A part of me believes the fabled Book of Prophecies is somewhere in the Realm of Sleep.

Question for Chi players, are the other players part of the story's canon or is your Avatar considered the sole "protagonist"?

The game is aware that there are other players besides yourself and you even meet a few of them in a mission, but besides yourself and Ephemera, it's more or less just assumed they're all off doing their own things that don't particularly have much impact on you.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So now, which guild do I pick? I am actually kind of torn, I can't tell if some represent light, darkness, unicorns,, am I helping the cause or hurting it? Does it make a difference what I do or is it all just for the vain cause of me getting collectibles? Do I just pick the group that looks the coolest? I am confused.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So now, which guild do I pick? I am actually kind of torn, I can't tell if some represent light, darkness, unicorns,, am I helping the cause or hurting it? Does it make a difference what I do or is it all just for the vain cause of me getting collectibles? Do I just pick the group that looks the coolest? I am confused.

All of the factions are "fighting for the light" by gathering Lux but like it is often said, they have their own motivations and reasons behind it and so we don't know if they are really fighting for a noble cause or if there is more to it.

Choose the one you like the most.

If you want to play with a bunch of KHI users though, we will likely have one faction people flock to (with chi it was Vulpes but that might change).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm trying to figure out, is this game free? I'd really like to be able to play it but obviously I don't have much money .-.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm trying to figure out, is this game free? I'd really like to be able to play it but obviously I don't have much money .-.

Free with In-App Purchases. You don't need to pay for anything, though. People have been playing through chi without paying a dime and still get the full benefits of the game just by being really good at playing.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Yep. Free to play except for microtransactions.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Free with In-App Purchases. You don't need to pay for anything, though. People have been playing through chi without paying a dime and still get the full benefits of the game just by being really good at playing.
Alright, that's great ^_^ Thanks for the info. I might be able to get into it then. :)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
All this news is pretty cool but it's tough to process it all after the news drought. :p
On the one hand I'm not much of a mobile game player (not to mention I don't have the right phone to even play it). On the other hand this is Kingdom Hearts and I've played every entry that's come out in NA. It's good that he says you don't have to play this in order to play III but I'll most likely end up finding a way to play anyway.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

There are two types of "other players" in this game.

The first is the NPC keyblade wielders who you get to interact. They went on missions given by their Chirithy to collect lux just like us.

The second is the human players. Our player character is the one meeting Ephemera and is in the midst of investigating our Foreteller's actions. Nomura said that we will be the one trying to prevent the war, while the NPC players obliviously carry out their own missions.

However the main question is: Is there only 1 player character or all our player characters are involved? We are all playing from our point of view, so there may be contradictions. The only one so far is the union Ephemera belongs to is dependent on your own union, though of course he may be lying.

Just pick the one you like. Neither will give you an advantage over the other. At the beginning of the game, it will entice you with a free medal if you pick a particular union. There's no purpose in this, just a randomized pick for you in case you can't decide. The medal would be slightly advantageous in the beginning, but in the long run it is absolute crap. So just pick your favorite animal.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
@kazr10 bears, foxes and unicorns, oh my.

Bah there are too many foxes on this site.

Those who are planning to play the Japanese version may want to choose leopards or unicorns if they want to go for the stronger unions. Those 2 are the strongest in Chi right now with tons of premium players in them, and Chi players are more likely to choose their old union if they are playing the smartphone version.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Bah there are too many foxes on this site.

Those who are planning to play the Japanese version may want to choose leopards or unicorns if they want to go for the stronger unions. Those 2 are the strongest in Chi right now with tons of premium players in them, and Chi players are more likely to choose their old union if they are playing the smartphone version.

Well, thank you for that bit of information! I might either join one of the more stronger Unions, or just become stronger during one of the less stronger ones, hehe.

Smithee

Awards
Just you wait and see---it'll probably find a way to make MX an even bigger Villain Sue.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
So I read the article and everything, but can someone tell me the difference between the two? Will I need to play X to get Unchained? Or is Unchained just a reboot of X?

You do not need X to Unchained - those who have X and transfer just get bonuses. Unchained is essentially a reboot/"remake" of sorts adapted for smartphones. Same story, different style of gameplay.

Anagram

Banned
I don't think the Foretellers survived the aftermath of the Keyblade War, but there is always a possibility.

Xehanort's Keyblade is certainly that of the Sixth Apprentice that wasn't given a Book of Prophecy by the Grand Master. The Sixth Apprentice knows everything because he was there to witness it all, and most probably, survived the aftermath of the Keyblade War (and imbued his will/heart into Xehanort/the Keyblade). It's possible the Five Foretellers did what you suggest, but I think the scenario of the Sixth Apprentice is more plausible.

We'll have to see how the story of Unchained Chi unfolds. For all we know, the Sixth Apprentice could have not even participated in the conflict and just looked for refuge.
I was thinking more along the lines of Joshuas words. He's trying to revive the TWEWY gang in the realm of sleep but says he's doing so by gathering whats left.
Rikus like "it can't be that simple" but Joshua was all "Well why not?". I'd say the realm is a way to cheat death. If they died...we dont know what happened to them right?

Was any of that every confirmed though? Last I remember it was only ever said that the 6th foreteller and the ominous master disappeared. (and that it was only said Xehanorts keyblade is the oldest)
To be honest it's because of the predictability of the 6th being bad that I like the alternative better. It'd actually be a plot twist (for once) if the 6th and their master was disposed of the 5 gone bad.

I admittedly haven't kept up with anything so I'm not sure what's been said on Chi and all I know about the Xehanort keyblade ordeal is what Coded (1.5) mentioned.

Yep. Free to play except for microtransactions.
Sweet. I like free.

Just you wait and see---it'll probably find a way to make MX an even bigger Villain Sue.
I think that's a given. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back