• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura talks connection between KH3 and Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
There's been such as drought for KH news that I no longer have the kills to analyze these interviews anymore. Shit requires more critical thinking then the mcat verbal section haha

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
birthbysleep vol.II

albeit that was teased never confirmed....

Exactly. And he was pretty upfront in telling us a game was cancelled so he doesn't intentionally try to break our hearts (like heavily promoting a character early on then slowly removing her from media then making her disappear 10 hours into the game while her gear is still buyable from stores and in real life even has a figure oh and then DLC is used to wrap up her story and then let's not talk about the texhnical mess of a game released and the fact a certain person wants to blame fans for setting their expectations up and had to talk about the controversy in an interview and still is an ass about it)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Exactly. And he was pretty upfront in telling us a game was cancelled so he doesn't intentionally try to break our hearts (like heavily promoting a character early on then slowly removing her from media then making her disappear 10 hours into the game while her gear is still buyable from stores and in real life even has a figure oh and then DLC is used to wrap up her story and then let's not talk about the texhnical mess of a game released and the fact a certain person wants to blame fans for setting their expectations up and had to talk about the controversy in an interview and still is an ass about it)

Sry for off-topic but this got me curious: I have lived in the dark, so this is the firs time I have heard about this controversy.What game and developer are you talking about?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sry for off-topic but this got me curious: I have lived in the dark, so this is the firs time I have heard about this controversy.What game and developer are you talking about?

Tales of Zestiria from Bandai Namco. When the game was announced, they showed off a female character that the main character meets and she was an extremely important part of early promotion for the game. There is even an anime about their meeting and the main character's decision to leave his hometown. As more promotional media came out, the less this female character was shown. Even so, the company was promoting a figure for her and it was whatever.

When the game released, she is in the game for maybe 10 hours before she leaves the party. All of her DLC costumes are then equippable by another female character who joins the party later on and has similar super-powered abilities like the main character which kind of bumps her to a high character status but people started disliking her on the purpose she is not the other female character . The former character's weapons are still purchasable from stores in the game but no other character can wield them. There is also an image of her fighting an enemy in promotional screenshots. She isn't even in that specific fight in the actual game.

Not too long after the release of the game, DLC story content is released for the MIA female character and it pissed people off so much that Bamco made it free for awhile.

This isn't the biggest issue with the game, though. The game is riddled with technical issues and as it is a Tales game, it doesn't have the strongest story...

The producer then has to do an interview about the mess in which he just says "we didn't mean to mislead anybody, but we had our reasons for not saying she'd vanish from the game and hey we did say there was no traditional heroine for this game"

Okay. No more Zestiria! I ain't even mad.

Let us rejoice in the words of Nomura and know he's never do something like this.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Holy heck. That dosen`t sound nice at all. :( But yeah, I won`t ask more about this matter.

I agree with you regarding to Nomura. While his character design, method of story telling, the whole FFXIII: Versus thing and etc... could be seen negatively, Nomura hasn´t done anything at a scope similar to the situation you describe above. I am glad that he is the Director of this series.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Haha I have been at the frontlines of this war since the beginning.

Try this scenario:

The first few introduction trailers of a particular game features 2 characters, a male and a female and their names are at the top of the credits list. As the release date comes closer, both of them have increasingly appeared on magazine covers, shop posters, internet banners, etc. Even announcing a 1/8 figurine for both of them a month before the game's release date, which I have bought. The first press premiums of this game includes their keychain and this female character's in-game special attack. And they have their own limited DLC costumes.

What role do you think these 2 characters will have in this game?

So now the game is released. 5-8 hours in, this playable female character left the party. No death, no injury, nothing. She just left and is never mentioned by any of the other characters till 30-40 hours later when she showed up and left again 20 minutes later for good. In between this time, she only showed up once during a side quest. All of her costumes are transferred to another character as well.

A week after the release, the developers announced a DLC side story episode that features this female character which costs 1/4 of the game's price.

Ignore all the plot reasons for why this female character has left. Just looking at this marketing done for this game as an outsider, what is your opinion?

The backlash of the fanbase is one of the biggest riots Japan's gamers have caused. Thousands of 0.5-1 star rating on Amazon. Second-hand price has dropped by 80% because everyone is selling their copies and no one wants it. Hate mails, complaints to the developers. Petition to sue the developers for false advertising. And their response? "It's your fault for assuming that she is the heroine, we never said that once.". And later on, "It's a plot twist we are trying to hide from our trailers since the trailers for past games seem to spoil players.".

So yeah, you can't blame me for becoming wary of what people sell with their words...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nomura: That’s right. Leading to KHIII, it’s the most ancient story in the series, and Sora and gang wouldn’t be in these worlds… it will take a look on what has happened a long time ago. New keywords will appear for KHIII if you play KH χ or KH Unchained χ, it will make you think “oh?”. In addition, we thought about gimmicks that would be “good to play”.
Obviously, these keywords I presume will have to do with new elements to the story in general. This makes me think that something besides the conflict between the Seven Lights-Thirteen Darknesses and Maleficent searching for the Book of Prophecies is going to happen. What if the Sleeping World of Chi awakens and another Keyblade War rages?

Nomura: The scenario heads towards depicting the beginning of the 'Keyblade War' that occurred. However, as there are Keyblade Wielders in the World later on, they must not all have been destroyed in the Keyblade War. That is the basis of this story.
This makes me think that the Sixth Apprentice is one of those survivors. It makes sense that the Keyblade Master Xehanort wields is one of the oldest in existence, since the owner of said Keyblade is one of the survivors of the Keyblade War. Speaking of which: where could the other survivors be? What if the Sixth Apprentice subordinated the survivors and created an Union of his own? What if the Thirteen Darknesses are an Union?

Anagram

Banned
Obviously, these keywords I presume will have to do with new elements to the story in general. This makes me think that something besides the conflict between the Seven Lights-Thirteen Darknesses and Maleficent searching for the Book of Prophecies is going to happen. What if the Sleeping World of Chi awakens and another Keyblade War rages?

This makes me think that the Sixth Apprentice is one of those survivors. It makes sense that the Keyblade Master Xehanort wields is one of the oldest in existence, since the owner of said Keyblade is one of the survivors of the Keyblade War. Speaking of which: where could the other survivors be? What if the Sixth Apprentice subordinated the survivors and created an Union of his own? What if the Thirteen Darknesses are an Union?
What.....what if like the foretellers are aware chi is a sleeping world and are trying to rewake it and bring it and themselves back into the real world? What if Xehanorts keyblade is something they send out imbued with their will and knowledge in a attempt to find someone to free them? o_o

Perhaps the 6th was actually the hero in all that conflict and sealed the others away?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What.....what if like the foretellers are aware chi is a sleeping world and are trying to rewake it and bring it and themselves back into the real world?
I don't think the Foretellers survived the aftermath of the Keyblade War, but there is always a possibility.

What if Xehanorts keyblade is something they send out imbued with their will and knowledge in a attempt to find someone to free them? o_o
Xehanort's Keyblade is certainly that of the Sixth Apprentice that wasn't given a Book of Prophecy by the Grand Master. The Sixth Apprentice knows everything because he was there to witness it all, and most probably, survived the aftermath of the Keyblade War (and imbued his will/heart into Xehanort/the Keyblade). It's possible the Five Foretellers did what you suggest, but I think the scenario of the Sixth Apprentice is more plausible.

Perhaps the 6th was actually the hero in all that conflict and sealed the others away?
We'll have to see how the story of Unchained Chi unfolds. For all we know, the Sixth Apprentice could have not even participated in the conflict and just looked for refuge.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

What is not fancy about Unchained X?

I want fancy. ;~;

From what I gather, it's like this:

Imagine a cake. A nice cake. Now, take said cake and shower it in mountains of icing and sprinkles and junk.

Unchained X is the normal, simple cake without all the fluff.

X is the whole shebang.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
This is pretty cool news. I've been in a bit of a lull here lately so I'm definitely excited for Unchained X.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hdjxhvskzksbnsllakbabnhalalahl

basically Nomura is linking the future and the past without time travel shenanigans and giving maleficent a prominent role again, my body is ready.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Looks like this "new" Kingdom Hearts game being developed/ported into smartphones has... Un-chained the KH news flood gate... :cool:

tumblr_mp4764zzNP1s5nd5co2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back