• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura: please make KH movie!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Umm, I should also note that Nomura has stated that Sora will remain the protagonist until the end. That includes beyond Kingdom Hearts 3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Umm, I should also note that Nomura has stated that Sora will remain the protagonist until the end. That includes beyond Kingdom Hearts 3.

Sora will remain the protagonist, yes, but that doesn't necessarily require him to star in each and every title. They could introduce new characters and dedicate a game to tell their story for example, and then tie it back into Sora's gradually.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Sora will remain the protagonist, yes, but that doesn't necessarily require him to star in each and every title. They could introduce new characters and dedicate a game to tell their story for example, and then tie it back into Sora's gradually.
*cough* See: Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, and to some extent Re:Coded

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Can you imagine Kingdom Hearts 6 with Hannah Montana and A Bug's Life representing major worlds? Yuck. KH3 is the perfect opportunity to wrap things up and go out with a bang.

I don't WANT to imagine that lol BUT, I can imagine a KH game with worlds based on Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Frozen (from the art we've seen of it), Brave, Toy Story, Wall-E, Monsters Inc., Cars, Lilo and Stitch (Hawaii), Wreck-It-Ralph, Lady and the Tramp, Sword in the Stone, Black Cauldron, and the list goes on...and those are all more major movies so I don't know what "there aren't any good ones left" you're talking about haha ^_^

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I don't WANT to imagine that lol BUT, I can imagine a KH game with worlds based on Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Frozen (from the art we've seen of it), Brave, Toy Story, Wall-E, Monsters Inc., Cars, Lilo and Stitch (Hawaii), Wreck-It-Ralph, Lady and the Tramp, Sword in the Stone, Black Cauldron, and the list goes on...and those are all more major movies so I don't know what "there aren't any good ones left" you're talking about haha ^_^
All that modern shit is coo, but c'mon.
Treasure Planet, The Rescuers (Imagine being small like Ventus was in BBS!), Great Mouse Detective (Same), Fantasia, ROBIN HOOD (PLEASE), Atlantis!, Zorro, Pocahontas, Emperors New groove, The Incredibles, Brother Bear, Fox and the Hound, or Wall-E!
Way more can be done with worlds used too. Neverland has lotsa potential (Pixie Hollow anyone?), the list is long for Disney owned stuff. Disney 90's cartoons! Bring back Darkwing duck, Talespin, Ducktales, Gargoyles!
Hell Disney owns the rights to the Studio Ghibli movies in the US. Can you imagine if Miyazaki combined with SQUARE AND DISNEY instead of Level 5 like they did for Ni no Kuni?

Okay now i'm just spouting all my dreams, but seriously. We are NO WHERE NEAR out of worlds or stories to tell of Disney stuff.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
All that modern shit is coo, but c'mon.
Treasure Planet, The Rescuers (Imagine being small like Ventus was in BBS!), Great Mouse Detective (Same), Fantasia, ROBIN HOOD (PLEASE), Atlantis!, Zorro, Pocahontas, Emperors New groove, The Incredibles, Brother Bear, Fox and the Hound, or Wall-E!

- Fantasia's been done already in DDD
- I mentioned Wall-E
- I AM A DISAPPOINTMENT TO DISNEY AS A FAN!!! HOW COULD I FORGET SOME OF THOSE!!!! (specifically the ones bolded)

Disney is definitely no where near done with being done. Not to mention I still think there are movies we have visited already that need to be revisited.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
*cough* See: Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, and to some extent Re:Coded

Everyone is very well aware of those titles, which is why there was no need to specifically name them.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
- Fantasia's been done already in DDD
- I mentioned Wall-E
- I AM A DISAPPOINTMENT TO DISNEY AS A FAN!!! HOW COULD I FORGET SOME OF THOSE!!!! (specifically the ones bolded)

Disney is definitely no where near done with being done. Not to mention I still think there are movies we have visited already that need to be revisited.

there's no reason why symphony of sorcerey shouldnt make a return. i hope it does, its my favorite world so far

Odium Crop

Banned
Actually, Nomura has stated that KH3 will not be the last installment into the series.!

As one scolding and assertive YouTube commenter told me, we cannot rely on that fact remaining true. He said that a considerably long time ago, and KHIII has not even started development yet, so he could easily change his mind in the near future.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
As one scolding and assertive YouTube commenter told me, we cannot rely on that fact remaining true. He said that a considerably long time ago, and KHIII has not even started development yet, so he could easily change his mind in the near future.
Doubtful, considering how much Nomura loves KH and how profitable the series is.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Which is why you shouldn't listen to scolding and assertive Youtube commenters.

Everyone dug up all those old interviews going back to BBS about the series continuing past KH3 for you on Monday so I'm surprised you're saying this now. Nomura has been saying that consistently for the past 3-4 years.

Odium Crop

Banned
Doubtful, considering how much Nomura loves KH and how profitable the series is.

Maybe so, but this commenter was far more wise and realistic about it than I was. Kingdom Hearts III will start development next year at the absolute earliest, so only time will tell.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As one scolding and assertive YouTube commenter told me, we cannot rely on that fact remaining true.

He said that comment like last year. I doubt he's changed his mind from KH3D's release to now. KH is his second child. If he can continue working on it, he will.

He said that a considerably long time ago

He said it like last year.

and KHIII has not even started development yet

That is not something we could know. We don't know about any games that haven't been announced. They don't announce them until they have worked on them a considerable amount these days. If KH3 is being worked on, we wouldn't know about it until it was at least 40% complete at the very least.

so he could easily change his mind in the near future.

He isn't.

Kingdom Hearts III will start development next year at the absolute earliest, so only time will tell.

We do not know this. KH3 could be in development right now for all we know.

Odium Crop

Banned
He said it like last year.

Well... In the thread that I made a short time ago when I asked about it, a link I was sent that showed a translated interview of when he said he does not plan to stop the series after KHIII occurred in July 2011, if I remember correctly. That makes it nearly two years since he said it.

I am guessing that he said it again more recently, though...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It doesn't even matter what Nomura wants. If he doesn't want any part in it they can easily just replace him as director, they aren't going to let KH just go like that. It's really that simple. Nomura isn't the person who gets to decide how many games there are or aren't going to be.

Odium Crop

Banned
It doesn't even matter what Nomura wants. If he doesn't want any part in it they can easily just replace him as director, they aren't going to let KH just go like that. It's really that simple.

But... If that did happen (note that I am aware that you are speaking hypothetically)... Is it not likely that the result could be drastically different in some aspects?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
But... If that did happen (note that I am aware that you are speaking hypothetically)... Is it not likely that the result could be drastically different in some aspects?

In some sense, probably yes. But that won't stop Square-Enix from making more games.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

As a rule of thumb, YouTube commenters tend to be idiots. I very rarely comment on YouTube and the last time I did pertaining to something KH related I got a response from someone telling me that there's no way of knowing what KH3 will be about and that 3D wasn't setting it up (paraphrasing) and this was after 3D released which said person implied to have played. Then they went on to tell me that Versus had been completed for two years but wasn't announced because Square was waiting for the right time or something and the commenter knew because they had a "source". When I explained to them that 3D was the last game that would be released before KH3 (not counting the Re:MIXs and Chi) and that it showed clearly the plot points that would be carried over and asked what their apparent "source" was I never got a response back.

Moral of the story: unless a YouTuber can back up what they say take it with a grain of salt.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
As a rule of thumb, YouTube commenters tend to be idiots. I very rarely comment on YouTube and the last time I did pertaining to something KH related I got a response from someone telling me that there's no way of knowing what KH3 will be about and that 3D wasn't setting it up (paraphrasing) and this was after 3D released which said person implied to have played. Then they went on to tell me that Versus had been completed for two years but wasn't announced because Square was waiting for the right time or something and the commenter knew because they had a "source". When I explained to them that 3D was the last game that would be released before KH3 (not counting the Re:MIXs and Chi) and that it showed clearly the plot points that would be carried over and asked what their apparent "source" was I never got a response back.

Moral of the story: unless a YouTuber can back up what they say take it with a grain of salt.

agreed. A lot of youtube commenters cant even wrap their heads around some obvious stuff, not just in KH, but in FF. "they never eat, because we dont see them eat".

Odium Crop

Banned
As a rule of thumb, YouTube commenters tend to be idiots..

Though I certainly do not disagree with that statement, a legitimate question I have is... If I were to write YouTube comments regularly, then would I immediately be labelled as such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back