• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura interview in forthcoming Famitsu (Jan 12th)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think since the game was announced in 2013 it's fine to feel like it's been a long time, now. even then don't be annoying lol getting mad won't change it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
KH3 wasn't announced to be in development 10 years ago so I'm not sure what you've been waiting 10 years for.

I think since the game was announced in 2013 it's fine to feel like it's been a long time, now. even then don't be annoying lol getting mad won't change it.

There's only one thing to do in response to both of these statements:

2mfynfl.jpg

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
like, believe me, I'm impatient for it. I think it's been way too long since KH2 that we've gotten a proper Kingdom Hearts with what I want in it. (Sora, Donald, Goofy, and a boatload of Disney worlds and bosses)

Making all this side content was probably a mistake on all fronts. But I can tell they're putting a good effort into KH3, so I'm not going to hurry them along if it means the final product will be diminished.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
We are all sick of the delays. No one ever WANTS to keep waiting for something they want. But, they can't help it. That's how it goes for these games, waiting. But it doesn't mean we should just keep complaining that we don't got what we want at times. I understand completely, but in time they come, sometimes not soon, but they do.
Who's we? The game hasn't been delayed lol, it was announced too early like nomura said so blame SE's marketing staff.

Pacrolash

Well it's really better to wait than press on the developers to get something really raw and unfinished. I actually thought we won't get any until 2019. We only saw early footage of 2-3 worlds and some screenshots so I'd assume that state of game is waaay off to be finished especially when they showed us that semi open-world.

So it's really nice even if they delay game for some polishing. Delaying is better than getting bugged up cutout cardboard game that will get some patches in future. I really hope that they won't go by politics many of developers cherish by now - giving up 2/4 part of the game and squeezing out everything else as paid DLCs.

So 2018 is really a good date for me as long as the game really develops in that time. And not just getting in constant meat grinder with rewriting plot every few months and cutting out already done parts like in was with infamous FFXV.

I'd only wish they got us some in-development screenshots or like model references in process piece by piece and not just a chunks of info and stuff on big cons.
Actually something like full character references like Blizz did for Overwatch wold be really nice to see. It'll be really nice to know characters height after 15 years of arguments over that.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Alright... we've all read a thousand of these comments but I have to make it...

IF HE ASKS US TO BE PATIENT ONE MORE TIME... IT HAS BEEN OVER TEN YEARS OF BEING PATIENT... I started playing these games in the 6th grade, and I am now a graduated law student in my twenties. I'm sorry to say it, but it's getting to the point that 'understandable delays' are irrelevant. Either make the game or don't, don't keep pushing it back and dangling it in front of us.

By the time it comes out, I don't even know if I want to play because there has been so much frustration and let downs and they just don't stop...

Let's take a couple of factors into this situation: not only are they creating brand new character models for both new and existing characters that'll take up hundreds and hundreds of man-hours to perfect, not only are they working on hundreds of enemies to re-model as well along with new ones, and not only do we have the fact that he didn't announce the game until 2013, and with that knowledge, were told that he announced it too early, but now you're wondering if it'll be done soon? Dude, they're making twenty something open world-ish maps and hundreds upon hundreds of models, let alone tweaking gameplay, adding new gameplay elements, and coding their damn asses off to get this product out of time. If you want it to be done, you can want that all you like, but that's not going to make their job any easier for them, and it's certainly not going to get such a massive product finished in the next year. It's not been ten years of being patient for you, it's ten years of playing the series and expecting something wonderful to happen the whole time, with four years of actual expectations. I was there, too; I'm a 19 year old education student currently playing the games since I was 5 or 6, and I anticipated Kingdom Hearts III at the end of Kingdom Hearts II along with everybody else. In fact, I thought Kingdom Hearts II's secret ending WAS a set-up for III. But, I was wrong, and now I've learned to be patient about it and enjoy the games as they come. You're thinking of what is in the future, why not enjoy what's right at your disposal? I know I was losing interest in the latest titles of the series, and I can tell you that the new Birth by Sleep and Back Cover have restored that sense of quality I associated with the first two games. Honestly, it was almost like they were made to be short, but mend wounds, fill in plot holes and fan questions, and just please everyone they can while getting them excited for Kingdom Hearts III. Don't you just want to be excited, to know what's next, to anticipate the next title without needing it first?

Also, just wanted to say that I'm a broken record here, but there's been no delays and there's been no push-backs, the release date has never been decided. Not even once. Don't pretend like you were lied to about the time period this game was coming out when you actually never got a promise like that, you just anticipated it so bad that you assumed the release date must have come immediately after everything else.

KH2Rulz

Awards
I'm always confused at what people have been waiting 10 years for.

Is it a continuation to the KH2 story? We got that. We know what the letter says. We know who the three knights are. We know who the shadowy figure and friend are. We know what Xemnas was after in Castle Oblivion. We even know what happened to the raft in KH1.

There are no plot threads left dangling from KH2. All those questions were answered (*cough*other than Kairi's Keyblade*cough*), so that can't be what you were waiting for.

Was it new gameplay? Because we got that too. We got a whole new command system, new mobility systems, new team-attacks, new Limit-like attacks, and more. So that can't be it.

New music? New characters? New story themes? New antagonist? We got all of that.

Really, all you can be waiting for is a KH game on a console. And that's a pretty silly thing to be waiting 10 years for.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm always confused at what people have been waiting 10 years for.

Is it a continuation to the KH2 story? We got that. We know what the letter says. We know who the three knights are. We know who the shadowy figure and friend are. We know what Xemnas was after in Castle Oblivion. We even know what happened to the raft in KH1.

There are no plot threads left dangling from KH2. All those questions were answered (*cough*other than Kairi's Keyblade*cough*), so that can't be what you were waiting for.

Was it new gameplay? Because we got that too. We got a whole new command system, new mobility systems, new team-attacks, new Limit-like attacks, and more. So that can't be it.

New music? New characters? New story themes? New antagonist? We got all of that.

Really, all you can be waiting for is a KH game on a console. And that's a pretty silly thing to be waiting 10 years for.

New console Kingdom Hearts game? You got it! You can play 0.2 on the 24th! So your wait is almost over!

Also, what did happen to the raft? I forgot xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back