• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura interview in forthcoming Famitsu (Jan 12th)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue will launch very soon in Japan, with under just over 24 hours until the game is available. Famitsu was able to sit down with Tetsuya Nomura and they have a four page interview where they discuss the latest developments. This interview will be available in the upcoming Famitsu which will go on sale on January 12th 2017.

Saken has translated the blurb from Famitsu!

- A DEFINITE READ ONCE PLAYED THROUGH!

[Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue] has raised the anticipation for [Kingdom Hearts 3]. In Famitsu's 1/26 issue (on sale 1/12), impressions are compiled and each of the 3 title's most attractive points are discussed! To end this special report, a 4 page interview with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura will be published! As well as discussing new story revelations (Spoilers alert), the interview will also touch on other very highly anticipated titles that Tetsuya Nomura is working on, such as Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I didn't think we'd get another interview.

What else is there to talk about? Without spoiling the game of course.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They do note in the blurb that there will be spoilers.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
This all does seem really unnecessary.
I'm always having fun translating interviews, and this doesn't obviously hurt anyone, but seriously.
Considering we'll almost certainly get post-game interviews too...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We've always had interviews with Nomura when a game launches in Japan. It lets him talk without restriction since the game is available for people to play and view. We might hold off on translating it though, depending on our translators plans and if they want to experience the game first.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
My bad: I meant to say the sheer number of interviews seemed really unnecessary, not this one in particular.
Well I hope you guys can translate it, but it's all good even if you don't I guess.
Would be unreasonable to complain about the amount of interviews and the complain about not getting all of them.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They do note in the blurb that there will be spoilers.

Now it only remains to see if they are lowweight spoilers or the heavy stuff.

In terms of DDD there's isn't really much to spoil, but for 0.2 and Back Cover there certainly is.

appleboy82791

Awards
I think it's time to go into a media blackout. I really want to avoid these kinds of spoilers in the next 12 days. I don't want even the smallest spoiler. I think this is probably going to be my last post until the 24th.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm torn. I don't want the spoilers, but at the same time, we're going to be getting that long awaited KH3 news. I'll wait till I finish 0.2 to read it I guess...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm torn. I don't want the spoilers, but at the same time, we're going to be getting that long awaited KH3 news. I'll wait till I finish 0.2 to read it I guess...
the kh3 is nothing rally it just saying kh3 is still ways off and bit longer other then that there are other world that are untoched

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I hope the KH3 part will be translated, will probably avoid the rest anyway. Just the release year, that's all I need, pls Nomura just let us know that much. I wouldn't care otherwise but I need to decide pretty soon when I'm going on exchange and I can't be somewhere without a PS4 when it comes out or I won't survive lol

Hoping for a 2018 release...

G-SANtos

Awards
We might hold off on translating it though, depending on our translators plans and if they want to experience the game first.
Can you post HD scans though? Or even text transcriptions. I might try to translate some of it if I have time, but I would prefer if there were transcriptions available.
In fact, if someone with more time could transcribe the text it would be a great help, as I haven't memorized many kanji, so I have to look up most of the time. Jisho.org is the site I use for transcriptions (and research).

As for why I'm asking for transcriptions instead of doing them myself, it's because starting tomorrow I'll be busy until next week. I'll probably find time to watch the end of 0.2 and something of Back Cover, but transcribing Japanese texts takes too much time for me to do it. Also, I will only care about spoilers for KHIII. It's the only game I specifically want to complete without knowing the end.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I hope the KH3 part will be translated, will probably avoid the rest anyway. Just the release year, that's all I need, pls Nomura just let us know that much. I wouldn't care otherwise but I need to decide pretty soon when I'm going on exchange and I can't be somewhere without a PS4 when it comes out or I won't survive lol

Hoping for a 2018 release...
form the tibitis that were trasnalted it seem likely it will be a 2018 maybe even late 2018 realeas date

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
I think it's time to go into a media blackout. I really want to avoid these kinds of spoilers in the next 12 days. I don't want even the smallest spoiler. I think this is probably going to be my last post until the 24th.

same here...i don't think I'll able go near this forum till the 24th.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
form the tibitis that were trasnalted it seem likely it will be a 2018 maybe even late 2018 realeas date

Really? Thanks, I hope so! Personally that is, I know it would probably be a disappointment to a lot of people :/

mrgrayson

Alright... we've all read a thousand of these comments but I have to make it...

IF HE ASKS US TO BE PATIENT ONE MORE TIME... IT HAS BEEN OVER TEN YEARS OF BEING PATIENT... I started playing these games in the 6th grade, and I am now a graduated law student in my twenties. I'm sorry to say it, but it's getting to the point that 'understandable delays' are irrelevant. Either make the game or don't, don't keep pushing it back and dangling it in front of us.

By the time it comes out, I don't even know if I want to play because there has been so much frustration and let downs and they just don't stop...

Muke

whatever
Awards

IF HE ASKS US TO BE PATIENT ONE MORE TIME... IT HAS BEEN OVER TEN YEARS OF BEING PATIENT... I started playing these games in the 6th grade, and I am now a graduated law student in my twenties. I'm sorry to say it, but it's getting to the point that 'understandable delays' are irrelevant. Either make the game or don't, don't keep pushing it back and dangling it in front of us.

By the time it comes out, I don't even know if I want to play because there has been so much frustration and let downs and they just don't stop...
tumblr_m0tq0c3odQ1qe6dvp.gif

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
We are all sick of the delays. No one ever WANTS to keep waiting for something they want. But, they can't help it. That's how it goes for these games, waiting. But it doesn't mean we should just keep complaining that we don't got what we want at times. I understand completely, but in time they come, sometimes not soon, but they do.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

KH3 wasn't announced to be in development 10 years ago so I'm not sure what you've been waiting 10 years for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back