• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura Interview + HD Screenshots!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xagzan

Awards
I still don't understand Days' inclusion. If this collection is also for new players, experiencing Days' story first is going to ruin a ton of the mysteries prematurely come KH2 HD.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I still don't understand Days' inclusion. If this collection is also for new players, experiencing Days' story first is going to ruin a ton of the mysteries prematurely come KH2 HD.

It's the only thing that fit well with the HD Remix, besides it would make Xion seem like less of an retcon

WilliamNiira

I'm sure that this question is asked. But I can't find it. So here's the question: Will this be released outside of Japan?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's highly doubtful that it won't~

Rexy

Bronze Member
Is it just me or dows KHFM now only have 3 command options instead of 4 like the normal one (and KH, KH2...)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it just me or dows KHFM now only have 3 command options instead of 4 like the normal one (and KH, KH2...)

No this has been pointed out for awhile now. It is to make it easier for people to use abilities. Also de-clutters the HUD a bit.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

They changed it to make it a bit more like KH2. Making things easier to do, opening chests is now one button away

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I can't wait to see Roxas in Beast's castle...AT NIGHT!

tumblr_m857n9cELK1qjmq8g.jpg
(Oh, wrong ending...nvm, then)

Xehanort's Pupil

This is one of the problems I'm hoping maybe they'll deal with in a proper manner. Some things in KH2 are just so much better without having learned about them beforehand from Days.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This is one of the problems I'm hoping maybe they'll deal with in a proper manner. Some things in KH2 are just so much better without having learned about them beforehand from Days.
For instance:
-Roxas being Sora's Nobody.
-Roxas' memory loss.
-Roxas having been in the Organization.
-Riku turning into "Ansem"
-Xemnas creating a Kingdom Hearts out of the hearts released when a keyblade destroys a Heartless.

However, it isn't horrible playing Days before KHII, speaking from my experience with the series. A few surprises still remained ("Ansem" is not really Ansem, he and Xemnas are the Heartless and Nobody of Xehanort, Roxas recombining with Sora). In fact, this allowed me to really connect with Roxas before KHII.

I first played the series in mostly chronological order: KHI, CoM, 358/2 Days, KHII. Then Birth by Sleep, Re:coded, and then I spoiled myself on DDD. (still planning on getting it though, when I can afford a 3DS.) Funny how they seem to be rereleasing them in HD in the order I played them in originally... :D

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
yeah, there's no clear detriment in playing days first or Kh2 first. Might even be dramatically effective to play KH2 and Days almost simultaneously. Like go through Day 1, and then 1/6th of Days, or the entirety of his side of KH2 and then the whole of Days. Or even have play through all of Days just as he and sora are fighting.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
yeah, there's no clear detriment in playing days first or Kh2 first. Might even be dramatically effective to play KH2 and Days almost simultaneously. Like go through Day 1, and then 1/6th of Days, or the entirety of his side of KH2 and then the whole of Days. Or even have play through all of Days just as he and sora are fighting.
Nah, the absolute best moment to play Days is during DDD, when Roxas gives Sora all of his memories of the Organization. Pause it during the imfamous Sora face scene. Play Days all the way through (or watch it on 1.5's theatre mode). Unpause DDD and finish. THAT would be more impactful.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

You can't really say considering you either played Days before KH2 or you didn't. For those who see Days first in this Remix before playing KH2, I doubt they'll mind at all but rather really enjoy having it be in chronological order. It makes things easier rather than jumping back and forth and back again with BbS and then all the way to end with Re:Coded. Personally, if I got to choose how to play a game, I'd almost always choose chronological. IDK, there is something great about not knowing the ending of a game before it happens (if you play through KH2 first you obviously know something bad happened to Xion, so there is a huge spoiler in itself right there that she is never mentioned).

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Regarding the whole Days spoling KH2 thing, this collection is especially for all the people who just got confused, didn't buy all the games and have no idea what's going on. Therefore it's okay if a few things like Roxas' memory loss are explained beforehand, since the plot is difficult enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back