• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura Interview + HD Screenshots!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura Interview + Screenshots!

ahhhhhhhhhh chaser bby you're glorious never stop *u*
I try my best. Omg, for the first time in months I remember why I signed up for staff. This happiness I have right now of bringing this all to you guys, I feel so happy. No matter what the time is, us site staff are here to help you guys and... I'm too emotional right now *weeps*

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
uuhhh look at those pc screens,i hope theres no story because i dont think i can bring myself to play that

Sammi

Graphics look splendid, as always. I can't wait until I watch those 358/2 Days cutscenes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

These screens of the PC game are amazing. What a bored protagonist xD

I try my best. Omg, for the first time in months I remember why I signed up for staff. This happiness I have right now of bringing this all to you guys, I feel so happy. No matter what the time is, us site staff are here to help you guys and... I'm too emotional right now *weeps*

can you feel the feels tonight~? ;A;

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

thanks for the shots! it looks great!

just a small question. is the camera zoomed in on Sora? I remember having a great field of view

they are not. ;)

I think so. See the scene with Sora, Riku and Kairi on the tree

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KH%20FM%2006.jpg

This is my favourite. Look at the detail with expression on her face.
And the clothing got an upgrade too thank god.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here you go, the full interview! Please credit Famitsu and KHI (and/or me!)

We Ask Director Mr. Tetsuya Nomura about KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

―Please tell us the details of how the release of KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX- came to be.

Mr. Tetsuya Nomura (hereon Nomura): All the titles in the series so far are a collection, first establishing the internal set-up, called the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (※), and I wanted to bring together the whole story arriving at KH2 before we turn to its conclusion.

―There's strong meaning behind going over it again, isn't there. Will there be changes or additions to the content of the games?

Nomura: The two titles that are included as games will have trophy support. We intend to include an extensive range of trophies, from the more orthodox to ones that won't go down easily. Also, the controls in KH1 have been modified to be a little closer to the ones in KH2. We've also replaced some of the models of the main characters with the most recent ones.

―Why are you remaking KH 358/2 Days as a video volume rather than a game?

Nomura: Actually, I had also been thinking about doing a full remake like KH Re:Chain of Memories (hereon KH Re:CoM). However, if we had started that it would have considerably delayed starting work on the new title, so it ended up being included in the form of something like the 'theatre mode' that we already have in the series. We are changing 70% of the main story into cutscenes, with freshly-recorded voicing too, and we are currently working on around 100 scenes. If you watch from start to finish, you will know and understand the story of KH 358/2 Days. Though it's in a different form than the game I think people will enjoy it.

―Can you please tell us a little more about the series-first KH game for PC browser?

Nomura: This is not a title with an emphasis on story, but we are working premises in. That said, for the first time in the series you can enjoy the content completely separately from the main series, so even beginners to the series might be able to be at ease playing it. The battling is different again from KH Re:CoM, and we are aiming for something with simple controls and flashy movements. I think customising is important to this type of game, so we are filling it with new elements in that area.

―By the way, what of a HD version of KH2 and up?

Nomura: It would be unnatural not to (laughs).

―Here's hoping! And now, lastly, a message for the gamers please.

Nomura: Because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, I think there have been people who found it difficult to access, with sequels such as KH2 that might already have come out by the time they came to know about the series. With KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX- you can enjoy the story from the beginning, and in HD quality on top of that, so if you haven't played yet please by all means use this opportunity to do so. I think even those who have already played through the series may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing of sequels and lines that reference previous lines and such by taking another look at everything aligned in chronological order. I would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.

※Seeker of Darkness Chronicles... mentioned as the phrase 'Xehanort Chronicles' in a previous interview with Weekly Famitsu, this refers to Xehanort the Seeker of Darkness being the pivot of the whole series. 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' is the formal name first used in the project proposal.

Erlix

I can't believe I said that I couldn't see the difference from the original KH and this new one, but man oh man, this definitely is an improvement.

Yeah, it's easier to see the difference now. It looks like a really big improvement from the original! I can't wait to play this!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thank you so much Goldpanner <3
You surely need rest now. Go, rest thou eyes.

-Roxas-XIII-

So can anyone do a comparison of the gameplay screens? :O

Here you go:

ComparisonImage.jpg

Ya, the cropping is pretty annoying..... but overall, I'm impressed.

You can clearly see that Sora's and Riku's models have been changed. I'm not so sure about Kairi's.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Thanks Goldpanner. You're awesome!!!

I wonder how many chronicles has Nomura planed for the series.

I do hope that when he starts the next saga/chronicle he will keep on one single platform. Or atleast I hope that when he finishes it he will re-release the games in HD format like he does now with this chronicle.

But I guess that's still too early to talk about.

oathkeeperriku09 said:
Thank you, Goldpanner. Trophies that won't be easy. Sephiroth, Xemnas, Ulitma Weapon, etc.

I believe KH's trophies will be the only ones that I will gladly do.

-Roxas-XIII- said:
You can clearly see that Sora's and Riku's models have been changed. I'm not so sure about Kairi's.

Definitely. Look at how cuter she looks.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I would ask why it's such a big deal as to why the cutscenes being cropped is starting a war between users and Square Enix, but then I remember, it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Yep! This screenshots look glorious! the game looks ecaxtly how i imagined it would be in HD!

So looking forward ot this!

Also many thanks to our favorite Orange people :3 for always bringing us the scans, tanslations and latest news! :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Here you go:

-image-

I wouldn't count it out yet. Here's a comparison screenshot from the Japanese portal site from the KH1 section:

Screenshot01.png

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Here you go:

These are not the gameplay scenes.

Plus, and also more importantly, these are not the in-game cutscenes. The in-game cutscenes were cropped as well. Here

Kingdom Hearts All Cutscenes (English) - YouTube

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I wonder.. did they change the Re:CoM models as well? The Re:CoM pics look good but nothing near the KH 1 ones..

Not complaining though, this is looking gorgeous! Dat Kairi screenshot! So much emotion on her face!

I can't wait to see how this HD version will change the way KH 1 plays and maybe, just maybe, they'll add a couple of scenes that link all the games to the plot introduced in DDD.

Also, even though it was already known... trophy support <3

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Oh you must mean Demigods. Cause if Nomura is a God then surely they must be Demigods.

lol! here is a Q. Actually an assumption of short. Since it seems we are getting info here and there for the HD remix....is it possible that the games will come 2013 early? Like March for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back