• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya at E3 (Versus 13? KH3?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorarocks93

Awards
That's assuming it's not in development yet and on the fast track to release in 2015/16.

But yeah they won't announce it this year. They'll want to have some focus on the HD collection here and then 2.5 in a few months. Regardless, they'll probably announce the game within 2 years prior to release since that's what they've done since the beginning of this series.

Well what if it is within two years of release? Next year we have 2.5 and the next after that KH3! No? Ok...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I don't think a game should be teased more thne a year in adavance. Since KHFM2+++the remix is still to come
2015 seems like the earliest at the most, and that is to far away to announce

Pestilence

Awards
I don't think a game should be teased more thne a year in adavance. Since KHFM2+++the remix is still to come
2015 seems like the earliest at the most, and that is to far away to announce

KH3D, BBS, KH2 were announced 2 years before release so who knows.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
KH3D, BBS, KH2 were announced 2 years before release so who knows.
Were they? I dont remeber as far back as kh2, but was bbs tease befre or after the relase of the secret movies. Since 358 days, square has stuck toa one game a year, for the last 5 releases. The next release is kh2fmre for 2014 so that should be the game they tease next.

Im glad I didnt buy a ps3 for kh3....

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
My guess KH 2.5 will be announced at TGS this year and will be released in March 2014 in Japan...
Well have KH3 in time for the 20th anniversary of KH... (joking.... or am I....?)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Were they? I dont remeber as far back as kh2, but was bbs tease befre or after the relase of the secret movies. Since 358 days, square has stuck toa one game a year, for the last 5 releases. The next release is kh2fmre for 2014 so that should be the game they tease next.

Im glad I didnt buy a ps3 for kh3....

While it's true they have released a game each year, the announcements themselves were made well in advance.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
KH3 obviously isn't that far off anymore, but I still can't see it being showcased until 2.5 has been released. It would detract too much focus from the second HD collection.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
KH3 obviously isn't that far off anymore, but I still can't see it being showcased until 2.5 has been released. It would detract too much focus from the second HD collection.

It's a double-edged sword since while it may detract attention, it could also help it down the line because they could advertise it as "understand the full story in HD before the conclusion to the epic saga" or something along those lines and it may in the end really help the sales of the HD collection. IDK, I think overall it would be smarter if they didn't announce it though since it poses 0 risk.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't see a KH3 announcement next week as an impossibility, but I'm certainly not excepting it. If it does appear, I imagine it'll be grouped with a 2.5 announcement. They could even use the 2.5 announcement as a bit of a distraction to make us thing KH3 won't appear, and then spring it on us at the end with a short teaser. Could do something similar to 3D's first teaser, which really didn't show anything but gameplay.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't see a KH3 announcement next week as an impossibility, but I'm certainly not excepting it. If it does appear, I imagine it'll be grouped with a 2.5 announcement. They could even use the 2.5 announcement as a bit of a distraction to make us thing KH3 won't appear, and then spring it on us at the end with a short teaser. Could do something similar to 3D's first teaser, which really didn't show anything but gameplay.
*show KH 2.5 trailer*
*talk a little bit about the franchise*
"now we release these collections in preparation for a very special game, here it is..."
*dead silence*
*someone get a heart attack because they weren't expecting it*
*Trailer start*
It's a brand new cellphone game that takes place after KH 3D about Pluto.....
or Kingdom Hearts III

but no, I wouldn't bet on it

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's a double-edged sword since while it may detract attention, it could also help it down the line because they could advertise it as "understand the full story in HD before the conclusion to the epic saga" or something along those lines and it may in the end really help the sales of the HD collection. IDK, I think overall it would be smarter if they didn't announce it though since it poses 0 risk.
The HD collection is essentially being marketed that way already, at least by Nomura. Announcing KH3 at all is going to completely eclipse 2.5 and even 1.5's English release, for that matter, and it would be a big mistake to showcase it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
THE GAME said "You know, it's possible that they could create a trailer for KH3 to get the hype train going even if the game itself isn't in development yet." so my response was to that, not to the possibility of it already in development.
yeah, I misread you. Took what you said literally. my bad.:redface: Edit
Well what if it is within two years of release? Next year we have 2.5 and the next after that KH3! No? Ok...

That's the best case scenario. I still think they'd wait for a more opportune moment. With advertising and release, timing is almost everything. :

Sorarocks93

Awards
The HD collection is essentially being marketed that way already, at least by Nomura. Announcing KH3 at all is going to completely eclipse 2.5 and even 1.5's English release, for that matter, and it would be a big mistake to showcase it.

It's different for everyone I guess. For me, that would excite me so much that I would want the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes even more.

They could always do something like the secret ending for KH2. The normal one not the FM one. A teaser so to speak and then never talk about it again atleast until Versus is out. Maybe it would give hope that they are actually thinking about making it in the near future.

Edit. 29 more hours :D. Even Christmas doesn't give me such excitement.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A teaser so to speak and then never talk about it again atleast until Versus is out. Maybe it would give hope that they are actually thinking about making it in the near future.
I figured DDD fulfilled that just fine.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's different for everyone I guess. For me, that would excite me so much that I would want the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes even more.
You know the collections are being made as a precursor to KH3 though, right? And the time restrictions on Days/Coded becoming full playable games is for a reason? KH3 is around the corner whether SE explicitly says it or not. The proof is in the decisions being made for KH right now.

They could always do something like the secret ending for KH2. The normal one not the FM one. A teaser so to speak and then never talk about it again atleast until Versus is out. Maybe it would give hope that they are actually thinking about making it in the near future.
I'd imagine there will be a hint for KH3 at the end of 2.5.

Never talking about it again is bad... That's like reliving Versus.

I figured DDD fulfilled that just fine.
^^^

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I think showcasing it would be a very bad thing for reasons you mentioned, but mentioning it or dropping a hint that is obvious to most (like the DDD ending) would suffice and not completely eclipse the remixes. After all, even if Nomura just went on stage and said "KH3 is coming" it wouldn't eclipse both games for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back