• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuta Nomura officially crowned Donald Duck as THE Black Mage in all of Final Fantasy Lore

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mriku90

Awards
Vivi? Lulu? Nah Donald Duck is THE Black Mage after that Zettaflare, which is even stronger then Giga Bahamut.

I love that Nomura has given Donald such an honor.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Has anyone cast that spell and not collapsed from exhaustion immediately after? I'm asking as someone who's never played a Final Fantasy game. :p

mriku90

Awards
No one in all of Final Fantasy Lore has cast Zettaflare ever. Donald Duck is the first and only.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Heh. Sweet.
I'm pleasantly surprised KH3 had any Final Fantasy references at all!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I found it hilarious that Donald and Goofy were The only ones able to defeat Terranort. And not the actual keyblade wielders

I just want to know what was the other instance he had to resort to Zettaflare.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I wish it wasn't just another sole beam attack though, it makes it look not exactly impressive when lingering will just did one not too long ago.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Come to think of it, I wonder how Goofy knew about it, since he knew what Donald was about to do and tried to stop him.

Dang...is it just me or did KH3 really show quite a bit of respect for Donald and Goofy?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Dang...is it just me or did KH3 really show quite a bit of respect for Donald and Goofy?

Yes, and I loved it. Reminded me of Goofy saving Sora from Riku at Hollow Bastion in the first game.

I honestly had no idea what a Zettaflare was. I've only seen Flare in the FF games I've played.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sorry, Vivi is still way ahead.
The little thing can cast Apocalypse without dying, and that's some final boss shiz. Plus I always loved that Vivi's so strong considering a possible canon reason is that he's not actually human nor a common creature.

But yeah, gotta love the Goofy and Donald love.
Also, is it canon that Goofy is physically as strong as Terra and stronger than Lea?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The little thing can cast Apocalypse without dying, and that's some final boss shiz. Plus I always loved that Vivi's so strong considering a possible canon reason is that he's not actually human nor a common creature.

Also, is it canon that Goofy is physically as strong as Terra and stronger than Lea?

Might as well. If anything I think Lea regressed after becoming a keyblade wielder. Seemed more formidable with his Chakrams.

mriku90

Awards

Zettaflare is above SECRET BOSS! It's above Giga Bahamut which can only cast Teraflare. Donald is stronger then Vivi.

Donald is stronger then Giga Bahamut!

Donald literally obliterated Terranort.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
While I don't know much about the tiers of FF spells, I kinda guessed Zettaflare was a very powerful spell. However reading this thread I can't help but feel that Zettaflare's name doesn't match what we saw.

Mega Flare is a weaker tier but seems stronger to me. I don't know where I'm going with this but reading all this FF lore makes think that Zettaflare should have been renamed to something weaker.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Might as well. If anything I think Lea regressed after becoming a keyblade wielder. Seemed more formidable with his Chakrams.

I liked that he still morphs his Keyblade into them for one move.
Although his Shia Labeouf scream "Stop it! Just stop!" is a bit funny to hear

Zettaflare is above SECRET BOSS! It's above Giga Bahamut which can only cast Teraflare. Donald is stronger then Vivi.

Donald is stronger then Giga Bahamut!

Donald literally obliterated Terranort.

It's okay if he's stronger than a Bahamut, but despite some FF games being horny on them the Bahamuts aren't always the absolute greatest (Bahamut is more often than not always overshadowed by another summon, poor dude).
Vivi can store to boost his magic power up to nine times, which persists even if he's killed. Also he doublecasts! Double Apocalypse!

I'd say Donald is to Vivi what Bahamut was to Alexander in FF IX.

Which obviously mean Vivi could solo the Xehanorts, but we already knew that.

While I don't know much about the tiers of FF spells, I kinda guessed Zettaflare was a very powerful spell. However reading this thread I can't help but feel that Zettaflare's name doesn't match what we saw.

Mega Flare is a weaker tier but seems stronger to me. I don't know where I'm going with this but reading all this FF lore makes think that Zettaflare should have been renamed to something weaker.

The thing is, it's weird that it's a beam. Flares are usually... well, flares. Wide range explosions, almost always multi-target except for regular-ass Flare.
It should've been a greater explosion, even if at the end of the beam (which would make sense as an istantaneous explosion would've also hurt anybody else)

I am interested in the fact that it's "Zetta" in japanese too, which means it's an effective unique tier of magic and not some weird mistranslation or adaptation: for example, "Stopza" and "Firagun" are the same in Japanese.
If those are the fourth tier, perhaps Zetta is the 5th.

Also yo, while we're FF-ing... nice to see also Ultima in the game. Probably also pretty powerful too, when not cast against Master Xehanort.

Pokie

I love Donald, but Vivi is the King of FF Black Mages. Sorry.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I found it hilarious that Donald and Goofy were The only ones able to defeat Terranort. And not the actual keyblade wielders

I just want to know what was the other instance he had to resort to Zettaflare.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
To my understanding, Zettaflare is from TWEWY.

You're thinking of that 'so zetta slow' catch phrase by that one character, forgot his name. The tiger dude. But zetta- is 1021 according to the dictionary, so a pretty big number.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards
You're thinking of that 'so zetta slow' catch phrase by that one character, forgot his name. The tiger dude. But zetta- is 1021 according to the dictionary, so a pretty big number.

I’ve been wondering if this has been a hidden reference to the secret trailer.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back