• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terrorist attack in Berlin: 9 people dead, 50 injured

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I was at that fucking place two damn days ago. :( (it's like 1 station away from where I live anyways, so...)
I don't think this was an accident as multiple of the market stalls were hit by the truck and he hit them exactly where a damn lot of people are everyday. I'm absolutely sure that this was a planned attack.

I passed the place about an hour later and hell was absolutely loose. I heard polish and turkish people scream at each other...quite terrifying.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I was at that diddlying place two damn days ago. :( (it's like 1 station away from where I live anyways, so...)
I don't think this was an accident as multiple of the market stalls were hit by the truck and he hit them exactly where a damn lot of people are everyday. I'm absolutely sure that this was a planned attack.

I passed the place about an hour later and hell was absolutely loose. I heard polish and turkish people scream at each other...quite terrifying.
I'm really saddened by this, even though I don't even live there. I don't know, it's just so tragic and really… stupid.
I know it would be better if nobody died and all, but I am happy that it's "only" 9 people.
Of course, every lost life is a tragedy and they may rest in peace. But it could have been worse.

I hope people don't misunderstand what I mean

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is not yet CLEAR if it was really a terrorist attack, although the parallels to Nice (Nizza) in France are certainly astounding.

Even if the attack was planned though, it does not have to be terrorists as it could also be the work of someone crazy/not right in the head.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It is not yet CLEAR if it was really a terrorist attack, although the parallels to Nice (Nizza) in France are certainly astounding.

Even if the attack was planned though, it does not have to be terrorists as it could also be the work of someone crazy/not right in the head.
Yeah, but as I said, this is what the police is suspecting, (don't really know if this was directed at me or not :S) at least according to the linked site

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think it's absolutely impossible to hit that place in such a kind of way "on accident".
I'm pretty sure it was planned...just not by whom.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, but as I said, this is what the police is suspecting, (don't really know if this was directed at me or not :S) at least according to the linked site

It's meant in general, since unverified information tends to get viral very quick in the net leading to people's heads getting heated up.

I just watched the special broadcast in the ARD where they made it obvious that they do not yet know actual details and reasons beyond that a truck rushed into crowds of people.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Just sad situation. I can imagine other countries going in high alert but there aren't any easy solutions.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Apparently the truck was stolen/kidnapped somewhere in Poland. The original driver was sitting in the passengers seat, shot and dying. :(

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Innenminister: „Kein Zweifel mehr an Anschlag“ am Breitscheidplatz – B.Z. Berlin

The invastigators say this was no doubt a terror attack. Some guy from Pakistan (Naved B.) pretended to be a refugee.

Seems that way.
Worst about this is besides the actual truck driver being shot to steal the vehicle for such a despicable action that it will be fuel for further generalized refugee hate and possibly more political ammunition for the AfD and similar groups.

It's even more jarring because AfD and co. are at least partly right on some things like i.e. letting everyone in here without checking who is actually entering.
This is gonna be very damaging for Merkel and her whole "immigration politics".

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
He apparently pretended to be a lot of people.
If that guy really still runs around near the victory column I'm never leaving the house again cause I live like 5 minutes from there. Goodbye sunshine o0

Tbh AfD and such always find their ways. Yesterday when he was suspected to be polish I still heard people scream "refugees out!!!" everywhere close to that place.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, I really don't like where this is heading either.
The refugee-hate is just bullshit and shows how inhumane people can be.

I'm not really too informed with politics in Germany, so I wonder. Is Merkel against refugees or for them? All that immigration stuff

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Merkel supports refugees which a looot of people in Germany respond with hatred and disappointment to, especially since the CDU (her party) is anything but innocent regarding the raging wars all over the world and the fact that "simple" things like gay marriage are still not a thing here.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Okay, I see. I read many hate posts in various forums which were directed at Merkel.
It's a shame she gets hate even though she's doing the right thing, really.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
He apparently pretended to be a lot of people.
If that guy really still runs around near the victory column I'm never leaving the house again cause I live like 5 minutes from there. Goodbye sunshine o0

Tbh AfD and such always find their ways. Yesterday when he was suspected to be polish I still heard people scream "refugees out!!!" everywhere close to that place.

According to newest development the police isn't even sure they have the correct guy? WTF?
They should secure DNA-samples from that truck pronto.
If that maniac is still on the loose somewhere in Berlin they really need to close down the city ASAP and sweep through to find the correct culprit.
And for fucks sake close the borders so he can't escape to one of our neighbouring european partners and wreak more havoc there!

Of course they do, but something like this just gives them additional fuel and worse, legitimacy in some people's eyes. I can already see Wilders in the Netherlands and Le Pen in France laughing and shouting "we told you so".

Yeah, I really don't like where this is heading either.
The refugee-hate is just bullshit and shows how inhumane people can be.

I'm not really too informed with politics in Germany, so I wonder. Is Merkel against refugees or for them? All that immigration stuff

It's because in German politics there apparently only exist two extreme viewpoints, no moderate middle ground possible.
On one side stand the right-wing nutjobs who want to throw every immigrant ever out of the country who isn't a EU member and close to our own "culture"-sphere (meaning only people from northern and western europe would be allowed and especially Muslims must be removed) and on the other stand the utopistic dreamers and multi-kulti idiots from the left-wing (especially the "greens") who want to let in everyone who knocks and never ever deport anyone, not even criminals and those who are even by international law not allowed to stay here.

Merkel, while being a member of the nominally moderate conservative party CDU, was strongly pro-refugee last year and the whole influx of nearly a million immigrants unchecked in 2015 is entirely her fault. She's now apparently slowly turning around as she finally seems to have realized that all this wasn't such a good idea after all but it is too late, the problems are already mounting up.

This truck-attack which is eerily similar to the attack in Nice/France earlier this year, is also not the first incident since we had 1.) that whole fiasco on New year's eve in Cologne with mass theft and sexual harassment, the majority of perpetrators apparently being young males from North Africa (NOT Syria or a similar warzone) who strictly spoken do not have even any business of staying in Germany in the first place, 2.) the crazy axe-wielding guy who hurt several chinese tourists in a train and then attacked the police before getting shot and 3.) the one guy who tried to blow up a music festival with a selfmade bomb but who was denied entry and thus the worst case was averted.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah apparently the real guy is still on the loose. I'm not leaving the house today. It's literally right here and everywhere around Towerstreet and kudamm people are going insane. -.-

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Terrorists or not, just everyone please stay safe either way. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back