• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Terrorism"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
It seems that 5 long years after one of the biggest events in our generation, that many people still do not truly understand who and what Terrorism is. Let us first start with what Terrorism is not.

Terrorism is Not
-A group of People
-Something that can be completely destroyed
-A Muslim
-A Guerilla Fighter
-An Arab
-A Persian
-A Palestinian
-A Human Being

Terrorism is, in fact, an Idea. An idea, which can not be destroyed. Not with Nukes, not with Invasions, not with Military Force, not even completely with Reconditioning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

"Terrorism is the systematic use, or threatened use, of violence to intimidate a population or government and thereby effect political, religious or ideological change"

It is an idea which can be carried out through force in order to force another idea on others.

"One man's Terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

This quote is as true as it is going to get. People who engage in terrorist acts do not call themselves that. They prefer something closer to "freedom fighter" or "revolutionary." When you kill one of these "terrorists," you are killing a brother, a son, a father, a comrade, a Human Being. These humans obviously have loved ones, and don't you think that those loved ones will grieve? Do you not think their mourn will turn to anger and their anger to violence? Does that not only create more Terrorism?

Do people deserve to die for the actions of the Terrorists in their own Nations? Should they have to be persecuted in other nations just because they "look" like a Terrorist? Or because they practice the same religion as those Terrorists?
Did the peasants who died during the air raids over Afghanistan even know who Al-Qaeda was? They sure didn't.

So, what is the definition of Terrorism, to you?

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
......This is stupid, terrorism only has one definition and you just stated it....so now this thread is pointless....

CK the Fat

An idea can't die, but if you kill the person who has that idea, and then you eliminate the means the threat can be carried out so that idea becomes temporarily worthless and harmless.

"Do people deserve to die for the actions of the Terrorists in their own Nations?"

Do people deserve to be victimized by the terrorists either?

"Did the peasants who died during the air raids over Afghanistan even know who Al-Qaeda was? They sure didn't."

What, the peasants who were being repressed by them and their conservative religious views?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
An idea can't die, but if you kill the person who has that idea, and then you eliminate the means the threat can be carried out so that idea becomes temporarily worthless and harmless.

Yeah, well...good luck with that. Ideas have this habit of spreading.

"Do people deserve to die for the actions of the Terrorists in their own Nations?"

Do people deserve to be victimized by the terrorists either?

Hell, if you're going to ask that, do people deserve to suffer at all?

"Did the peasants who died during the air raids over Afghanistan even know who Al-Qaeda was? They sure didn't."

What, the peasants who were being repressed by them and their conservative religious views?

I think you chose a wrong word at some point.

Straw_Hat

"Yeah, well...good luck with that. Ideas have this habit of spreading."

That's why you kill it before it spreads.

"I think you chose a wrong word at some point."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=Afghanistan,+Taliban,+repression

I'll say it for Square Ninja: "again, good luck with that". It'll be tough, considering this idea has already done a great deal of "spreading"

you can not possibly eliminate an idea, because there is no way of knowing where the idea is...it is not only in one region of the world...especially not the idea of terrorism.

thats the one problem i have with most people. you cannot define terrorism as being only in a specific part of the world. Even you US could technically be charged of using terrorism. You can't focus on one place and hope to stop an idea...

and also, while "repression" does kind of work the way you used it, a better word would have been "oppression"

repression: the process of suppressing somebody or the condition of having political, social, or cultural freedom controlled by force

oppression: to subject a person or a people to a harsh or cruel form of domination

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Honestly, it just doesn't make sense to me...how does one form of killing cease or deal justice to another? Is killing someone in war really that different from killing someone through terrorism? Either way, SOMEONE innocent is going to suffer...

Honestly, I just hope that all of this "War on Terrorism" crap comes to an end, soon...

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know it is....I just got it from a friend on msn sometime. But does it not tell you something about Al Queda...just opinion...

The people who fought to start America called themselves freedom fighters.

"Happyness" is an idea. "Hate" is an idea. Can you kill hate? Can you kill happiness?

That's not even relevant. You didnt answer the question.

Even you US could technically be charged of using terrorism.

Exactly, the same people who wage this the "war on terror" on, believe that we are the biggest terrorists in the world.

Honestly, it just doesn't make sense to me...how does one form of killing cease or deal justice to another? Is killing someone in war really that different from killing someone through terrorism? Either way, SOMEONE innocent is going to suffer...

Agreed 100% ^_^

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
the war on terror will never end as long as we keep getting presidents like George W

That is so true for you americans...

Terrorism is a thing that will never die cause i think that some where in the world, ppl are thinking about it or are panning to do it...

Terrorism is to me when someone acts cruely to harm ppl..and it is also a threat

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Swag

Young King
This whole thread is BS. The first post said terrorism isn't a person, a group of people, etc. That's true, but people who commit he act of terrorism are called (all together now) Terrorist. Bush is fighting Terrorist who commit Terrorism.

Let that marinate for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back