• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Fate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Straythe

Hi there people !

I am a little upset about how Terra's story has been handled so far...

There are a few confusing things, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ! I'm gonna list all we know.

- Master Xehanort meets Terra and feels he might be a perfect "vessel"

- MX sets up his plan and gets Terra to separate from his friends

- Eraqus dies and his heart goes directly into Terra, though it does not affect his appearance or identity in any way, maybe because Eraqus didn't have such will and just wanted to pass on what was left of him to Terra, his "adopted" son

- By threatening Terra's friends, MX forces Terra to open his heart to the darkness

- MX discards his own body and sends his heart into Terra's body, taking control instantly

- Terra is unable to fight back, but his strong will manages to control his keyblade and armor. He manages to defeat Xehanort, who is absorbed by the X-blade's light/destruction. I guess the remnants of Xehanort's memories made him go to Radiant Garden (the place he was supposed to meet Braig)

This is where it gets confusing.

- The defeated Terranort was obviously full of darkness, but he wasn't acting like Master Xehanort, there is a clear conflict inside the body

- Aqua fights Terranort, clearly, both Mx and Terra are fighting for the control of the body, Mx's identity seems to be coming back, while Terra keeps blocking him (which is illustrated by Terra appearing next to Terranort during the battle)

- Losing more and more control to Terra, Xehanort decides to use his keyblade on his own heart. Now it's hell, what exactly happened ? He couldn't possibly "destroy" Terra (otherwise he would have ANOTHER heartless and nobody) completely, maybe you guys can explain that part to me ? Anyway, he lost consciousness and fell into the darkness void. Aqua sacrificed herself to save him.

- After that, Terranort had no memory at all. Ansem takes care of him.

Note :
We all thought Terra had just failed and was consumed completely by Xehanort, after playing Terra's story, even the epilogue (since we knew what happened before KH 1)

Secret Endings :

- Terra reveals that even though he allowed darkness within his heart, his will and Eraqus' heart allowed him to resist Xehanort, a thing Xehanort did not plan

- A few months later, Terranort, while having a hybrid appearance (Terra's body and face with young MX's skin, eye colour and ... hair ? Hard to say for the hair since it's basically Terra's haircut but longer, which is a weird design choice for Nomura to make young MX so similar to Terra... Young Mx looks like Xemnas just as much as Terra which is kinda weird, and remember everybody thought Terra was Xemnas just because of his hair so don't argue it's not "exactly" the same ^^' ), has no sign of darkness within him. The eyes aren't golden though his ears are pointy ...

Even Braig starts to wonder if Terra isn't coming back.

----------------------------------------

- Something obviously happened (unrelated to Braig)

- Terranort got memories back, became evil again, but refused to consider himself as Xehanort and took the name of Ansem (interesting point), that's when he attacked Braig, to his surprise

Now, the problem :

Since this event, there's not been a single sign of Terra anywhere.

As I stated above, Xemnas is supposed to have some part of Terra... But did he really ? Besides some mere memories (or was he just sarcastic ? Calling Aqua a "friend" was maybe because he had Terra's body but not because anything of Terra was left), the heart he grew back obviously wasn't Terra's. Also, his appearance... Now that we've seen Young MX, it's hard to think Xemnas looks like Terra. If we had to pick between normal Terra and Young Mx, Young Mx would be our first choice. So that's kinda weird. but whatever.

Now, both the heartless and nobody have been defeated. Still not a single sign of Terra.

What bothers me the most is that nobody seems to really care.

For 10 years they just "didn't know about Terra". Okay. But when Xehanort reveals Terra's fate to Mickey, saying he became his vessel, and that "one of the light is already on my side" (I guess Terra in some shape, unless he means Xemnas...), Mickey, who DID NOT know what happened to Terra, reacted in a brillant way. He did ... Oh yeah, nothing. He didn't even tell Yen Sid.

So much for the guardians of light, instead of trying to save him, he's replaced by the beloved fan favorite, Lea.

Sure.

A few questions :

- Why did we see him fight back in secret endings if he just got completely owned (a thing we all assumed BEFORE the secret endings) ?

- Did he turn evil ? (unlikely)

- What about Eraqus's heart ?

- What the hell happened to him ? Of all of the people and clones and dozen of iterations of the same characters we had in different KH games, this guy didn't appear once ? Really ?

- Why does he share obvious physical similarities with Xehanort ?

- Is he one of the 13 darknesses or still one of the 7 lights ?

I guess if he's one of the 13, he might the only one able to "return to the light" by himself while fighting Aqua/Ven/Sora .. (just like he was able to overcome Xehanort when Aqua fought him)

I'm hoping Nomura isn't just retconning Terra or underminding him , and is just waiting for BBSv2 / KH 3 to give him some form of revenge and importance, and of course, a way to make up for his mistakes.

He has the most tragic story in Kingdom Hearts, and I know it's Sora's story but he kinda deserves some sort of shine moment.

Maybe, being one of the Xehanort (but the only one being able to fight back), he'll be able to tell Sora and the warriors more about Xehanort's powers and weaknesses.

What's your ideas about Terra, what happened to him, what will happen to him, and where is he exactly ? Is he stuck in the "Terranort" body that will serve as one of the 13 hosts ?

Or did Terra simply turn evil ? Nomura said that "who was in control" would be a key component of the story that was yet to be told (after BBS was released), but obviously we all guessed it was Xehanort... Would feel kinda anti climatic to say such a thing... Or maybe Terra just tried something that failed and went wrong, once more ?

There's more to it than "Xehanort just did everything", all those hints would be pointless.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Terra is supposed to be one of 7 lights that will clash with the 13 Darknesses. However MX says he has one of the lights on his side, that light he speaks of is Terra. So we are to assume right now that Terra is one of the hooded Xehanorts in the throne room in KH3D.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
For 10 years they just "didn't know about Terra". Okay. But when Xehanort reveals Terra's fate to Mickey, saying he became his vessel, and that "one of the light is already on my side" (I guess Terra in some shape, unless he means Xemnas...), Mickey, who DID NOT know what happened to Terra, reacted in a brillant way. He did ... Oh yeah, nothing. He didn't even tell Yen Sid.
Yen Sid and Mickey already knew or at least suspected where Terra was the SE to RE:Coded hinted at this. And what exactly was Mickey supposed to do? They weren't in the RoL and Xemnas and Ansem SoD had become to separate beings again.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On a side note, I do think as well that the game does not really elaborate much on anyone of the tormented ones.
Naminé, Xion, Roxas and Ven appear shortly, but I feel we're no closer to actually helping them.
All it served was that Sora got their pain and through this his heart became weaker, as Xemnas and Young MX expected.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
On a side note, I do think as well that the game does not really elaborate much on anyone of the tormented ones.
Naminé, Xion, Roxas and Ven appear shortly, but I feel we're no closer to actually helping them.
All it served was that Sora got their pain and through this his heart became weaker, as Xemnas and Young MX expected.
But we know that KH3 is going to be about saving those in torment. KH3D is just about the preparation for that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But we know that KH3 is going to be about saving those in torment. KH3D is just about the preparation for that.

Yes, I know, I propagated this often against others who thought someone would already be saved. What preparations were then actually made for it in DDD? It mostly circulated around Xehanort's Voldemort-plot and Young MX trolling the shit out of Sora and Riku.
Ansem's data which is said to be the key to save them wasn't even viewed by Sora, it was Riku who spoke with him (too bad that part still isn't translated).
So what preparations do we actually have? Something like: "Sora now knows about their pain, that spurs him on even more to help them."?
His reaction to experiencing Roxas' memories and pain was really creepy somehow...*shudders*.

Absolute

I was kind of hoping that the Xemnas in 3D was actually Terra but fully Xehanortified.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Yes, I know, I propagated this often against others who thought someone would already be saved. What preparations were then actually made for it in DDD? It mostly circulated around Xehanort's Voldemort-plot and Young MX trolling the shit out of Sora and Riku.
Ansem's data which is said to be the key to save them wasn't even viewed by Sora, it was Riku who spoke with him (too bad that part still isn't translated).
So what preparations do we actually have? Something like: "Sora now knows about their pain, that spurs him on even more to help them."?
His reaction to experiencing Roxas' memories and pain was really creepy somehow...*shudders*.

was it even touched upon how Terra-MX-Eraqus were divided up when AX split?

I know not everything was translated yet, but all the scenes I've seen don't even mention that from what I can make out.

JustSnilloc

Terra could have come back along side MX... We didn't see who was under every hood now did we? :D

Straythe

Though Eraqus died.
He GAVE his heart to Terra, he didn't really remain alive. I think he did this to allow Terra to have an extra light, when he figured out MX stabbed him in the back and probably was trying to get Terra to fall in the darkness.

That's what saved Terra, an allowed him to fight back instead of being consumed.

But I don't think Eraqus exists as an entity anymore, they probably won't focus on him since Terra and Xehanort's share is already convoluted as it is. His heart was a legacy, not a way to survive, or take over. ( Kairi and Xehanort )

Also, it would make sense Terranort came back. That would be Terra " half Xehanort " in a way. But the fact that he refused to call himself Xehanort is interesting and proves the fact that this special Xehanort will revolt, and Terra might take over.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
- Losing more and more control to Terra, Xehanort decides to use his keyblade on his own heart. Now it's hell, what exactly happened ? He couldn't possibly "destroy" Terra (otherwise he would have ANOTHER heartless and nobody) completely, maybe you guys can explain that part to me ?

MX tried to release Terra's heart by using his keyblade. Pretty much the same thing Xehanort's Heartless did with Riku, except MX obviously failed.

- After that, Terranort had no memory at all. Ansem takes care of him.
If you want to be technical, he does remember the name, "Xehanort."

- A few months later, Terranort, while having a hybrid appearance (Terra's body and face with young MX's skin, eye colour and ... hair ? Hard to say for the hair since it's basically Terra's haircut but longer, which is a weird design choice for Nomura to make young MX so similar to Terra... Young Mx looks like Xemnas just as much as Terra which is kinda weird, and remember everybody thought Terra was Xemnas just because of his hair so don't argue it's not "exactly" the same ^^' ), has no sign of darkness within him. The eyes aren't golden though his ears are pointy ...

Based on his conversation with Braig, it couldn't have been a few months. Xehanort's hair must have grown for reasons other than "time passing by."

Since this event, there's not been a single sign of Terra anywhere.

As I stated above, Xemnas is supposed to have some part of Terra... But did he really ? Besides some mere memories (or was he just sarcastic ? Calling Aqua a "friend" was maybe because he had Terra's body but not because anything of Terra was left), the heart he grew back obviously wasn't Terra's. Also, his appearance... Now that we've seen Young MX, it's hard to think Xemnas looks like Terra. If we had to pick between normal Terra and Young Mx, Young Mx would be our first choice. So that's kinda weird. but whatever.

Now, both the heartless and nobody have been defeated. Still not a single sign of Terra.

I'd blame it on LS having Terra's mind.

- Why did we see him fight back in secret endings if he just got completely owned (a thing we all assumed BEFORE the secret endings) ?
Probably to show he's still capable of something in his shitty position.

- Did he turn evil ? (unlikely)
Yeah, doubt it, too.

- What about Eraqus's heart ?
idk, brah.

- Why does he share obvious physical similarities with Xehanort ?
They don't look that much alike. Just the hair, and even then only a bit.

Dragonsblight

When terranort struck himslef with the keyblade it was Mx's attempt to get rid of Terra's and Eraqus' heart but actually ended up sealing them in. It is stated that both xemnas and Ansem sod have parts of terra, eraqus, and mx in them and that the amount of terra, eraqus and mx in both of them respectively will play an important plot factor later. Terra is considered both a darkness and a light right now, but we wont really know until better translations are available. As stated by someone else in this thread, MX stated that he had one of the lights on his side obviously referring to terra. I feel that Terra will have his chance for the redemption he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back