• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's eyes should have turned yellow

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
To be honest, it sucks that they removed Terra's eyes turning yellow from the KH2FM SE

yes, it was suppose to be symbolic but I would have liked to see Terra's eyes turning yellow especially while he's succumbing to the darkness near the end of the game, but it turns back to blue when he calms down. I don't know, I think it'd be kind of cool.

discuss

Narxus

The problem with them turning yellow when it was shown during the Secret Ending is that it wouldn't have made much sense. The video could get away with it because symbolism is what they're all about, but not so much in the game, not to mention we no more about it now. You see, at the time it was a widely accepted belief that the yellow eyes were a sign of giving into the darkness, but now it seems that it isn't really about darkness as much as it is about Xehanort's possession. Therefore, it really wouldn't have made much sense for his eyes to turn yellow in Birth by Sleep at the same time as they did in the Secret Ending, because Xehanort had yet to possess him

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Umm...maybe?

Personally, I think that eyes changing color to yellow was originally meant to be a Heartless thing since only Heartless and Ansem SoD had them, but the plot has evolved so that yellow eyes are now a Xehanort thing.

Samhain

Bronze Member
The problem with them turning yellow when it was shown during the Secret Ending is that it wouldn't have made much sense. The video could get away with it because symbolism is what they're all about, but not so much in the game, not to mention we no more about it now. You see, at the time it was a widely accepted belief that the yellow eyes were a sign of giving into the darkness, but now it seems that it isn't really about darkness as much as it is about Xehanort's possession. Therefore, it really wouldn't have made much sense for his eyes to turn yellow in Birth by Sleep at the same time as they did in the Secret Ending, because Xehanort had yet to possess him
oh yeah I totally forgot about that

oh well. it'd still look cool though lol

Umm...maybe?

Personally, I think that eyes changing color to yellow was originally meant to be a Heartless thing since only Heartless and Ansem SoD had them, but the plot has evolved so that yellow eyes are now a Xehanort thing.
i'm guessing they retconned that
Ansem SoD in the first game did not have yellow eyes like a heartless. he had orange eyes...same with Xemnas. They both had orange eyes which made little to no sense when MX had yellow eyes

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Awards
i'm guessing they retconned that
Ansem SoD in the first game did not have yellow eyes like a heartless. he had orange eyes...same with Xemnas. They both had orange eyes which made little to no sense when MX had yellow eyes

I forgot that Ansem had orange eyes. Still does actually. Either way, can't really retcon something that wasn't established. Although, it's odd that Ansem's and Xemnas's eye colors are different from Xehanort's. They're more aligned with Ansem the Wise' eye color. Or maybe they're considered to be in the same spectrum.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I forgot that Ansem had orange eyes. Still does actually. Either way, can't really retcon something that wasn't established. Although, it's odd that Ansem's and Xemnas's eye colors are different from Xehanort's. They're more aligned with Ansem the Wise' eye color. Or maybe they're considered to be in the same spectrum.
a great theory I heard from this is the reason why Xemnas & Ansem SoD have orange eyes as opposed to yellow is because of the influence from Ansem the Wise (he had orange eyes) and how Apprentice Xehanort stole Ansem's name right before he turned into a heartless/nobody

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
While it's super tropey whether his eyes change colors while using dark powers or by being under another's influence, I much prefer the final concept - a sign of Master Xehanort. But Terra spans the entire scope of eye color changes anyways, so at least you have that.

Terra (blue) -> [possessed] Terra-Xehanort (yellow) -> [amnesiac] Apprentice Xehanort (brown) -> [symbolic of Ansem the Wise] Ansem SoD/Xemnas (orange)

Though they didn't hold on to the concept in KH2FM, symbolism does physically affect eye colors in this realm somehow (as with Ansem SoD & Xemnas).

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Umm...maybe?

The problem with this theory if Vanitas. Vanitas has yellow eyes but is not a Heartless. I think that the yellow eyes is actually to represent the corruption brought about by the darkness. This does however open two more questions about eye colors. Why did Apprentinort have brown eyes and why does Xemnas have orange? Shouldn't they both have had yellow eyes since Xehanort was still the one with the most controll?

Ruran

Awards
The problem with this theory if Vanitas. Vanitas has yellow eyes but is not a Heartless. I think that the yellow eyes is actually to represent the corruption brought about by the darkness. This does however open two more questions about eye colors. Why did Apprentinort have brown eyes and why does Xemnas have orange? Shouldn't they both have had yellow eyes since Xehanort was still the one with the most controll?

Yellow yes represent a connection with Xehanort.

My theory was referring to the earlier plot developments that probably aren't relevant anymore. Both Xemnas and Ansem has orange eyes though, whih is strange.

Gram

Banned
Awards

This^ So far it's only been stated by Nomura that Xehanort is what the yellow eyes pertain too. But as with the already mentioned lack of consistency with Xehanort's various forms it may be best not to think to much on eye color.

FangirlfromHell

Awards

My theory was referring to the earlier plot developments that probably aren't relevant anymore. Both Xemnas and Ansem has orange eyes though, whih is strange.
Hmm. I never noticed it with Ansem. You're probably right though. I just tend to fixate on Xemnas for unknown reasons. I have a theory for why they have orange eyes though. Perhaps it's evidence that little fragments of Terra are "corrupting" them since they did split from his body while his mind was still seen arguing ownership with MX during Blank Points. I think all my theories are bogus, but this one seems at least somewhat thought out.

a great theory I heard from this is the reason why Xemnas & Ansem SoD have orange eyes as opposed to yellow is because of the influence from Ansem the Wise (he had orange eyes) and how Apprentice Xehanort stole Ansem's name right before he turned into a heartless/nobody

Huh. I've never heard this one before, but it does sort of match the whole 'you start to resemble who you live with' theory from real life. Sort of like how my cousin looks more like our grandmother than her own parents because she lived primarily with her.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyNameisAnsem

Hmm. I never noticed it with Ansem. You're probably right though. I just tend to fixate on Xemnas for unknown reasons. I have a theory for why they have orange eyes though. Perhaps it's evidence that little fragments of Terra are "corrupting" them since they did split from his body while his mind was still seen arguing ownership with MX during Blank Points. I think all my theories are bogus, but this one seems at least somewhat thought out.

I think Terra couldn't be fighting back like you say, but about that last part. That's Terra's and Xehanort's arguing. His mind is currently in the Lingering Will.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think Terra couldn't be fighting back like you say, but about that last part. That's Terra's and Xehanort's arguing. His mind is currently in the Lingering Will.

The Lingering Sentiment is described as Terra's lingering thoughts only. Blank Points showed that Terra and MX were both present in AX debating over ownership and Xemnas is confirmed to have some of Terra's memories showing he was withing AX when the split happened.
Terra was there.

MyNameisAnsem

The Lingering Sentiment is described as Terra's lingering thoughts only. Blank Points showed that Terra and MX were both present in AX debating over ownership and Xemnas is confirmed to have some of Terra's memories showing he was withing AX when the split happened.
Terra was there.

Oh, okay. I guess I might have taken the one Xehanort line a little too literally, along with other material.

Terranort said:
"You're body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resist?"

Gram

Banned
Awards
Oh, okay. I guess I might have taken the one Xehanort line a little too literally, along with other material.

His line can be taken literally if you look at it from another angle. The LS is Terra's lingering thoughts, i.e a part or even extension of his mind.
Thoughts are the product of the mind, those thoughts of hatred attacked Xehanort, thus his mind was resisting.

MyNameisAnsem

True. I guess saying "mind" is the way the line sounds best too. It seems to fit in with body and heart, but maybe that's just because this is one of my favorite KH lines.

Anthony12KH

Iv'e seen people say that anyone with yellow/orange/amber eyes is a 13 darkness, and thus associated with Xehanort. Then I say, explain why Ansem The Wise has orange eyes when he's not one of them, and then they realize they messed up. lol

MegaCore5

Awards
To be honest, it sucks that they removed Terra's eyes turning yellow from the KH2FM SE

yes, it was suppose to be symbolic but I would have liked to see Terra's eyes turning yellow especially while he's succumbing to the darkness near the end of the game, but it turns back to blue when he calms down. I don't know, I think it'd be kind of cool.

discuss
it doesn't make much sense because usually if Terrace eyes turn yellow it means he's being possessed by so shouldn't that mean he should always have yellow eyes? Maybe it's just a plot hole that Nomura missed. Quite honestly there is a few of them in the series now.

Ruran

Awards
it doesn't make much sense because usually if Terrace eyes turn yellow it means he's being possessed by so shouldn't that mean he should always have yellow eyes? Maybe it's just a plot hole that Nomura missed. Quite honestly there is a few of them in the series now.

The secret ending at the end of KH2FM was only a concept video so a lot of the stuff that happened were more ideas than concrete facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back