• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra, Ven, and Aqua observation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think it's some really classic Kingdom Hearts writing, that after blundering their way through BBS and each befalling a terrible fate and being lost for years, Terra, Ven, and Aqua's first post-KH3 adventure together is looking for Sora in the Realm of Darkness. A place that we, the audience, know that Sora isn't in.

This is just such hilariously lousy writing and makes these characters seem like their entire purpose is to get lost. They go into the portal, and then we get a one year later title card. THEY'VE BEEN IN THERE FOR A YEAR ALREADY. Yadda yadda time flows differently in the realm of darkness, it's still ludicrous, especially since Chirithy didn't go with Ven. So I guess he's been waiting for a year. It'd literally be better if they were doing nothing, instead of getting lost in a dangerous place for no reason.

Eonstar890

Awards
I like to think they weren't literally looking for Sora but more for clues on how to find him. Perhaps a door in the darkness since the realms of death and sleep are probably closer to darkness than the light. I also feel that the way that scene played out left it a bit open ended so we don't know for sure how long they actually spend in the RoD. For all we know they are treating it like a 9 to 5 job where they go back to the LoD after searching for awhile similar to how Riku and Mickey kept coming and going in KH3.

Ultimately I am hoping/feeling that this trio will eventually confront the foretellers because of Ven's connection to the past so their current status doesn't bother me oh too much because at worst it is a place holder.

Cumguardian69

Awards
They're all looking for clues to Sora's whereabouts, not literally looking for Sora. it's not a game of Sora Hide and the GoL's Seek lol.

They know he got SNAPPED, they just don't know what SNAPPED itself means. It's kinda like..they know you're not supposed to misuse the power of waking, they know that it can effectively "kill" the misuser, but they don't know what function of the misuse exactly that whisks you from the realm of light.

Kinda crazy how the power of asspulls can be defined but simultaneously undefined.

D

Deleted member 252753

I don't really mind everyone scrambling for any clue and not knowing what to do because if the idea is that misusing the Power of Waking makes a wielder vanish from the world forever, it makes sense that nobody, even Chirithy, knows how to reach Sora because assumedly it's never been done before and seems impossible. To me, looking for clues in the Realm of Darkness seems like a reasonable option if everything's a guess.

Edit: I don't think Chirithy has information that would have stopped TAV and others going on a wild goose chase. I am pretty sure telling them that Sora had vanished and couldn't be reached wouldn't stop them from looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxycian

Awards
But where was it said that Chirithy was left behind? Chirithy can Disappear and Reappear Anytime and anywhere, we might not be seeing him Now but he can appear in front of Ventus Anytime he wants.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm not sure what they expect to find in the Realm of Darkness, but I guess they had to do something during the year right? Honestly what everyone should be doing is looking into the history of Keyblade Wielders and the history of the Power of Waking. You mean to tell me Yen Sid, a former Keyblade Master, doesn't have some Keyblade text lying around? Or Eraqus didn't have some Scala books on the Power of Waking and the misuse it can bring? Stuff like this could not only help them learn more about the Power of Waking but also maybe even hint at the Foretellers and trigger Ventus's lost memories.

But yeah, TAV being in the Realm of Darkness mainly feels like a way to keep them busy and thus not available hands when something is about to go down. They better be done by the time the Zoo-Keys start acting up. I want my Terra vs Aced match :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My point of bringing Chirithy up is that he should have at least explained the circumstances of Sora’s disappearance and at least elaborated on how it works. Knowing Chirithy, though, he probably just left it vague and that kickstarted them all on a wild goose chase.

Tempo

Awards
Look.

I REALLY don't think they've been in the realm of darkness for an entire year straight. Come on guys.

Time flow differences aside, I think it's safe to assume they've been coming and going, making regular trips, since they're well within their ability to do that now. I'm sure even the Wayfinders understand that spending more than a few hours at a time there would be dangerous.
As for Chirithy, I think it's entirely possible it did tell them about Sora, but doesn't know where he is now? Unless I'm misremembering parts of re:mind. Since sleep and death and darkness are stated (by Chirithy among others) to be rather close together, it makes sense they'd decide to travel there to look for clues and possible connections and/or points of travel? Maybe things that could have crossed over? And considering A. Aqua herself has plenty of firsthand experience with the Road and B. The Wayfinders are the only wielders with keyblade armour, it easily makes sense they'd be the ones to explore that avenue instead of anyone else.
(I know other characters might still have black coats but assuming they didn't ditch them completely and immediately burn them in a fire in a PTSD fueled act akin to cutting your hair short, they have other methods specific to them to try out anyway i.e. exploring their own memories and whatnot)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Despite being somewhat pointless at least all three of them are finally together and going on a journey with each other. And it's a bit of character development for Aqua in that she can return to her former prison without fear and a sense of confidence

LoneFox

Awards
And it's a bit of character development for Aqua in that she can return to her former prison without fear and a sense of confidence
Also, she has learned her lesson about being overprotective. There is no question that Ven goes with them.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
They're all looking for clues to Sora's whereabouts, not literally looking for Sora. it's not a game of Sora Hide and the GoL's Seek lol.

They know he got SNAPPED, they just don't know what SNAPPED itself means. It's kinda like..they know you're not supposed to misuse the power of waking, they know that it can effectively "kill" the misuser, but they don't know what function of the misuse exactly that whisks you from the realm of light.

Kinda crazy how the power of asspulls can be defined but simultaneously undefined.

Right. Plus, I'm sure they've consulted Yen Sid in all of this. It's not like Sora's been gone for a year and they haven't told the guy about it, he absolutely knows. Yen Sid is probably equally as in the dark as everyone else is though, because surely abusing the Power of Waking isn't something that just happens all the time.

If we didn't have the secret endings, wouldn't we be making the same wild guesses as the characters?

Bingo. If KH3 Vanilla had ended without an epilogue or a secret ending, you'd think that was the end of the story. TAV going to the RoD isn't an illogical decision to make, because who in the hell knew what really happened to him?

WE know he just faded and ended up in The Final World, but to everyone else, imagine seeing that in real time and he's actually gone. Like, erased. Not even we know the full story, because if ReMind's anything to go by, Sora still has his Keyblade. So when Chirithy means that he can't return without his powers, it's probably referring to the Power of Waking. If he still has his form, then something's still holding him to life, if not his own sense of purpose. And as a matter of fact, it's hard to say if he can even just walk right out if someone came to get him. The fact that he's still all complete in TFW would probably be a surprise even to Chirithy.

That's why I actually like the fact that there's a year timeskip, despite others not liking it. If it were six months, that's not a big deal because how long do you think these games take? Certainly not like, a day or so (not the numbered titles/major entries at least). Time passes during the games, Days especially touches on how long CoM takes. So a year makes sense because you're searching everywhere you possibly could look, and there's no sign of him at all. They've exhausted every avenue, all that's left is Kairi's current journey (which turns out to seemingly be the right one).

Look.

I REALLY don't think they've been in the realm of darkness for an entire year straight. Come on guys.

Time flow differences aside, I think it's safe to assume they've been coming and going, making regular trips, since they're well within their ability to do that now. I'm sure even the Wayfinders understand that spending more than a few hours at a time there would be dangerous.
As for Chirithy, I think it's entirely possible it did tell them about Sora, but doesn't know where he is now? Unless I'm misremembering parts of re:mind. Since sleep and death and darkness are stated (by Chirithy among others) to be rather close together, it makes sense they'd decide to travel there to look for clues and possible connections and/or points of travel? Maybe things that could have crossed over? And considering A. Aqua herself has plenty of firsthand experience with the Road and B. The Wayfinders are the only wielders with keyblade armour, it easily makes sense they'd be the ones to explore that avenue instead of anyone else.
(I know other characters might still have black coats but assuming they didn't ditch them completely and immediately burn them in a fire in a PTSD fueled act akin to cutting your hair short, they have other methods specific to them to try out anyway i.e. exploring their own memories and whatnot)

I don't remember if Chirithy had mentioned if darkness was tied to the Realm of Sleep and death, but I could see it being a thing. Young Xehanort did say that Sora's price for abusing the Power of Waking "lies at the bottom of the abyss", so the fact that he ended up fading away and is in The Final World... Makes you wonder. Although, Chirithy says that during Sora's dives, he sometimes ends up in The Final World by accident, and Dives aren't necessarily tied to darkness. It's tricky.

They probably weren't in there the whole year, but I wonder how long they've been in there. To them, it won't be a year, but keeping track the flow of time has to be weird. I agree though, they're probably not going to want to stick around there for too long, because it's just not a safe idea no matter how you slice it. Riku and Mickey nearly got wiped twice in KH3 because of how much stronger the Heartless are, and Aqua knows just how dangerous it is, so I like to think they'd exercise caution.

The only one who theoretically could look in the RoD other than TAV (black coats aside) would be Riku and Mickey, but Mickey is with Donald and Goofy exploring the worlds, and Riku's been looking on his own (maybe the Realm of Sleep himself? It was never said how he spent the year looking).

I still maintain that the best way to find Sora is most likely via the Realm of Sleep. Melody of Memory might touch on this, since I guess Kairi diving while asleep would count as the Realm of Sleep too, right? She's not visiting the Sleeping Worlds, but her own memories in her heart due to the traces of connections back when Sora had her heart, so maybe that's why Kairi's the focus now.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I've been thinking a lot about what's going to happen to them in the Realm of Darkness and I can't help but feel like they're going to get washed.

By what? I don't know. There's too many unexplained things down there. I'm sure they'll exercise caution and hopefully the "We don't talk to anyone" disease has gone away so Aqua told Terra and Ven all the dangerous things she saw and experienced so that they'll be safe.

But surely Nomura has separated the teams like this so that they can all have their "sequel", right? And someday, we'll have a game on what TAV experienced while in the dark realm?

Cumguardian69

Awards
Just do further DLCs for KH3, call them episodes, and have them last anywhere from 0.2 in length to entire campaigns of 3-4 worlds in length.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If I remember right, Nomura is strongly against that model of releasing content.

Cumguardian69

Awards
If I remember right, Nomura is strongly against that model of releasing content.
Oh, we know. It's partly why remind was released as Remind + limit cut + secret episode + data greeting when realistically speaking they could've sold each portion piecewise.

Still, the model fits the length and style of content, which is why I suggested it in the first place.

Back