• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra Nova (Jurassic Park meets Lost... apparently)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about this show already. But, whatever.

So yeah, Terra Nova is a new show that is set in the year 2149 where the world has supposedly (I say that because it's only been hinted at so far) become overpopulated and polluted. So in an effort to save the human race, a bunch super smart scientists make a time machine and start bonking with the timeline by sending people back in time to live with the dinosaurs in order to save the human race (Yeah, great idea right?).

You can pretty much guess what happens next. A bunch of people go to back in time to live and start new lives, but you know, dinosaurs are there and probably won't like that shit. How Lost factors into this show right now is still a mystery (Maybe that's how Lost factors in. Geddit? Lost, mystery. I'm hilarious). To me this show is just Jurassic Park meets a time machine, not Jurassic Park meets Lost.

Speaking of Jurassic Park, this shit is produced by Spielberg himself. You know, the guy that did Jurassic Park. So it might be good, because Jurassic Park was the balls. Who knows.

The only reason I'm going to watch this because my friend from highschool (and by friend, I mean guy who I used to hang around with but nowdays I hardly ever see him) is a cameraman on the show. I'm supporting him and all that jazz. Plus it's filmed in Australia close to where I live. Like really close. Gold Coast close. Also, Jurassic Park and Spielberg. I have hopes.

Oh yeah, this shit is going to be 13 episodes long and it premieres this September. Within a week in fact. The 26th. It's a Monday. If the show is good, I'll probably bug my friend for spoilers.

Check it out yourselves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_(TV_series)

Also, how the bonk does sending people back in time to live and eventually overpopulate the world at an earlier time period save the overpopulated future that they came from?

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Pretty much what I was thinking after I posted this thread :/

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
they can invent a time machine but they can't colonize another planet

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'll check it out. Doesn't seem too great, though.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
the first half hour isn't too great but later on it get's really intense.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
My exact thoughts. I watched the first episode, but I prefer Falling Skies.
I don't get that comparison. One show is about fighting an alien invasion while the other is about a group of people starting life anew in an alternate past.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It's an alternate past? Guess I missed that bit.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I'd describe it more as Land of the Lost meets Total Recall, personally.

they can invent a time machine but they can't colonize another planet

This show had a lot of bad leaps in logic. Like how it describes the butterfly effect, and how it could end up resulting in them never being born had they tampered with their own timeline. But then...why would they send that probe? Because they did it to find out what time the probe would be transported to (because the tech is new, and they don't know how to control it). And if it did turn out to be their timeline, it could have changed the course of history just by existing when it's not supposed to. I don't...

There's also the issue of the third child. I don't remember them explaining at all where the kid was while the dad was in jail. The mom clearly didn't have her, since the dad had to smuggle her in with him. But he seemed to have just magically obtained her somehow. Maybe I just missed a really quick scene that established him stealing her from an orphanage or something? But the kid acted like she had been living with the mom the whole time, and there was no sense of alienation that a small orphan would have after reuniting with its parents.

That said, it got pretty good once they were in Dino World. Stephen Lang really makes this show for me. And I kinda dig the Sixers. So long as they keep the plot in this timeline, I can see this show being pretty damn awesome.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
There's also the issue of the third child. I don't remember them explaining at all where the kid was while the dad was in jail. The mom clearly didn't have her, since the dad had to smuggle her in with him. But he seemed to have just magically obtained her somehow. Maybe I just missed a really quick scene that established him stealing her from an orphanage or something? But the kid acted like she had been living with the mom the whole time, and there was no sense of alienation that a small orphan would have after reuniting with its parents.

From what I got, because the dad was in jail for two years they let her stay because technically it's a family of four. At least that's what it said in the premier. I think they had to smuggle her into terra nova because everyone in 2149 was supposed to only have two kids.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Genesis one and two weren't bad. I'm pretty intrigued by the Sixers and The Writing. I will probably watch a few more episodes as they come and see if I get hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back