• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra meeting Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.ion

First I'm sorry if this was discussed previously!

I'm currently playing BBS -Terra's Part- and there was a scene that caught my attention when Terra was talking to Xehanort in the KBG.

Here's a video:

- From 11:06 - 11:33 -

Why was Terra seeing scenes from the ending?

Am I over analyzing? ..Was it just Terra's imagination? Let's hear your thoughts.

x.ion

Was he just imagining Vanitas fighting with his friends? because of the conversation with Xehanort..?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
This is something I have always wondered about as well. Is Terra like... supposed to be psychic? Was that a plotline that was just kind of dropped? He does this again when he meets Riku too and sees him grown up. It's one of the weird parts of BbS that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, ever asked him about in interviews... that I recall, at least.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Mm, nope ^. Nomura confirmed in an interview that it's just creative license. Terra can't see the future.

x.ion

This is something I have always wondered about as well. Is Terra like... supposed to be psychic? Was that a plotline that was just kind of dropped? He does this again when he meets Riku too and sees him grown up. It's one of the weird parts of BbS that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, ever asked him about in interviews... that I recall, at least.

I dunno I think it has to do with the conversation he was having with Xehanort, about Vanitas destroying light. But why exactly the ending scenes? maybe it has another explanation..

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Mm, nope ^. Nomura confirmed in an interview that it's just creative license. Terra can't see the future.

Welp, I blanked on that. I can always count on Tinny-senpai to have the answers, however. ^^

x.ion

Yea KH style doesn't go well with seeing the future concept. Thanks for sharing!

Anagram

Banned
Just one of those visual things that get missed by fans then? Like the whole oldnort-controlling-youngnort in DDD?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Just one of those visual things that get missed by fans then? Like the whole oldnort-controlling-youngnort in DDD?

Yep, Youngnort's eyes flashing are supposed to signal Oldnort's essence entering and him summoning a Keyblade is a giveaway since Youngnort isn't chosen by the Keyblade yet.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yep, Youngnort's eyes flashing are supposed to signal Oldnort's essence entering and him summoning a Keyblade is a giveaway since Youngnort isn't chosen by the Keyblade yet.
i missed this completely. i played DDD and payed only half a mind to it, i wasn't aware he was being controlled.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
i missed this completely. i played DDD and payed only half a mind to it, i wasn't aware he was being controlled.
Same. I thought that the malevolent aura, flashing eyes, and Keyblade summoning was just the usual "pre-battle setup" that you usually see with final bosses. Nothing really explicitly mentioned that Trollanort hadn't been chosen by the Keyblade yet (especially if you weren't very adept at drawing connections that seemingly weren't there at the time), so I figured he summoned it as a last resort power-up thing.

Really, all the hints put there could easily be interpreted as something else.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It is pretty easy to miss. Nomura kinda hinted at it when Mickey starts to question: "Oh no, are you?" but even with all the hints it is hard to notice. I only knew this after I read the DDD interviews where Nomura explains this. I think there were discussion about what happens to Youngnort when you break the clock. I first thought that the connection between MX and YX snaps since he uses his etheral/laser blades again, but I think we came to the conclusion that MX is still in control, and he is just resting inside the clock, sending clones or something similar like that after you.

Wonderful

Awards
nomura claims it was just a directorial choice to have the flashes of the future. but it's interesting that it only ever happens in terra's story. knowing nomura, watch as there's a big twist where he is the reincarnated master of masters or something and he can see the future lol, i've seen some people jokingly theorize that on tumblr. you never can tell with nomura, haha :p

Muke

whatever
Awards
^^^
Hehe, Nomura sure is a Troll, we know him, don't we? =D

But I think this Thread can be closed now, answers have been answered anyways.. ^.^
(Of course, who am I to say that? It's up on the mods. =b)

Anagram

Banned
nomura claims it was just a directorial choice to have the flashes of the future. but it's interesting that it only ever happens in terra's story. knowing nomura, watch as there's a big twist where he is the reincarnated master of masters or something and he can see the future lol, i've seen some people jokingly theorize that on tumblr. you never can tell with nomura, haha :p
This would be a great irony given almost all of Terra's misadventures were due to his lack of insight or forward thinking into what villains were asking of him. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back