• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra and the Lingering Sentiment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zhill05

One of the things that has been bothing me is the arugement about Terra being the Lingering Sentiment. I've been to some sites where others belive Terra is and others where they believe that Terra isn't the Lingering Sentiment.

I am one of those who believe that Terra is the Lingering Sentiment. If you see the full secret ending from KH2FM, you will see that Terra in the clip has the same type of keyblade from the battle and a slightly different one from most of the other clips. If you notice on the end of the keyblade where the teeth and hilt are you should see some difference in the keyblade.

Just curious about opinions about the idea on this topic. Also, if anybody else has noticed this difference.

αsiя

space coke
Nomura stated that the battle was non-canon like it never happened but LS said is cannon
No one knows for sure if that is Terra
Some think its his unversed
Plus that was his early design

ReverseUnversed

Yeah. So, (that user who has the "Infinity" symbol as nickname) told me that the fight was non-canon. Now, where the hell did he get the info? Nomura has not said anything about it yet.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Yeah. So, (that user who has the "Infinity" symbol as nickname) told me that the fight was non-canon. Now, where the hell did he get the info? Nomura has not said anything about it yet.

We dont know if it is or not. Nomura said it didnt really matter if it was or not.

---May I believe that the one you fight in KH2FM+, and Terra are the same person? Because they both use a very similar kind of Keyblade.

Nomura: If they really are the same person or not is uncertain, though it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
It toally is Terra or some part oh him i mean it looks exactly like him ( at least his armor anyway)

What did I just say?

I dont think they planned out how they were going to intergrate it into BBS at the time so they might just ignore it if they cant find a good reason to use it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The Lingering Sentiment is probably connected to Terra in some way, if he's canon.

And once and for all, Nomura never said anything about the battle's canocity, just that it doesn't matter if you think it's Terra or not.

AxelsVirtue

Colliseum tournaments, Ice Titan, Sepheroth, Mushi summon, Simba summon, etc. All optional, and all cannon. Thus, suggesting that the Lingering Sentiment/Enigmatic Soldier battle is also cannon. If it is cannon and the Keyblade is Terra's, then it must be Terra, for no one else would be able to use his Keyblade. This also would mean that Xeonhort cannot be Terra.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Thus, suggesting that the Lingering Sentiment/Enigmatic Soldier battle is also cannon. If it is cannon and the Keyblade is Terra's, then it must be Terra, for no one else would be able to use his Keyblade. This also would mean that Xeonhort cannot be Terra.

Did you read the rest of the thread?

---May I believe that the one you fight in KH2FM+, and Terra are the same person? Because they both use a very similar kind of Keyblade.

Nomura: If they really are the same person or not is uncertain, though it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person.

From that quote and the nature of the battle we can surmise two things:

1. If it doesn't matter if you think it's Terra or not, then it's not clearly not a factor to consider in whether it's possible for Terra to be Xehanort or not.

2. The boss' name seems to imply he might not be human. "Lingering Sentiment". A sentiment is a feeling, and in LS's case this clearly refers to his hatred of "Xehanort". He's clearly connected to Terra, but he could very possibly not be him exactly, but rather something spawned from him. An Unverse, like Allister Rose said, would be very fitting.

zexyishsmexy

Consider the name!
Here I'll bring up the definition:

Lingering

1.to remain or stay on in a place longer than is usual or expected, as if from reluctance to leave: We lingered awhile after the party.
2.to remain alive; continue or persist, although gradually dying, ceasing, disappearing, etc.: She lingered a few months after the heart attack. Such practices still linger among the older natives.
3.to dwell in contemplation, thought, or enjoyment: to linger over the beauty of a painting.
4.to be tardy in action; delay; dawdle: to linger in discharging one's duties.
5.to walk slowly; saunter along.

Sentiment
1.an attitude toward something; regard; opinion.
2.a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity.
3.refined or tender emotion; manifestation of the higher or more refined feelings.
4.exhibition or manifestation of feeling or sensibility, or appeal to the tender emotions, in literature, art, or music.
5.a thought influenced by or proceeding from feeling or emotion.
6.the thought or feeling intended to be conveyed by words, acts, or gestures as distinguished from the words, acts, or gestures themselves.

Besically, a lasting thought/emotion that has been manifested from previous thoughts.
It does not prove that The lingering Sentiment is Terra, rather restates the fact that we already know, Sora has a connection through Ven.
:D
I used http://dictionary.reference.com if you wanna check my source :D

Allister Rose

French Lover
Sentiment
1.an attitude toward something; regard; opinion.
2.a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity.
3.refined or tender emotion; manifestation of the higher or more refined feelings.
4.exhibition or manifestation of feeling or sensibility, or appeal to the tender emotions, in literature, art, or music.
5.a thought influenced by or proceeding from feeling or emotion.
6.the thought or feeling intended to be conveyed by words, acts, or gestures as distinguished from the words, acts, or gestures themselves.

Besically, a lasting thought/emotion that has been manifested from previous thoughts.
It does not prove that The lingering Sentiment is Terra, rather restates the fact that we already know, Sora has a connection through Ven.
:D
I used http://dictionary.reference.com if you wanna check my source :D

this makes me believe that LS is an evolved unverse but of course i already thought of this aswell. good to show the dictionaries meaning

Oathkeeper512

Im a believer that Terra became Xehanort. Therefore, and this has been brought up before: i think the lingering the Lingering Sentiment is terra's keyblade and maybe his armor acting on its own.

CCs_No1_Fanboy

From the definitions, it basically means that LS is there because his hatred for Xehanort wont let him leave or something. That's why his fight is replayable even after you beat him, because Xehanort still exists.

I'd like to believe that the fight is canon like the Sephiroth fight in KH1, but it doesn't matter whether or not you beat him because it wont effect the story. It's not even certain KH1 Sephiroth fight was even canon, Sora and Sephiroth dont even remember eachother, and Sephiroth acts like he's never seen a keyblade in KH2. I just couldn't think of a better example.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Yeah. So, (that user who has the "Infinity" symbol as nickname) told me that the fight was non-canon.
My bad lol
It toally is Terra or some part oh him i mean it looks exactly like him ( at least his armor anyway)
So wait. The fact that it was in the special release and not the initial release of the game, along with the unconfirmed canonity, still means it's got to be him?

Beyer

My theory behind LS connects to my theory on Terra=Xehanort (well, not MY theories, just the ones I believe).
I think that LS was created from deep regret and shame Terra felt as darkness consumed him (eg. KH2FM+ secret ending) as he became Xehanort thanks to the darkness consuming him and the KH MX summoned and it's power. However, apparently, the KH2FM+ secret ending isn't cannon so that would destroy that theory.

However, I do think he is an unverse (or at the very least a being created from emotion, but that IS what an unverse is yeah?) and whether or not it was from the certain event I think it was is fairly irrelevant tbh.
The question here is who is LS, not necessarily where he came from.

So, I think he is an Unverse of Terra. A humanoid-one, which could hint that it came from a very powerful emotion(s). This sadly would mean that Terra will experience something horrible, emotionally, in BBS. =(

But there is still the cannon problems when it comes to LS....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back