• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tenacious D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
who else here likes Jack Black and Kyle Gass? i really enjoy their music. some personal favorites that I like are:

-Kielbasa
-Tribute
-Dio
-Rock Your Socks

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Oh, I do love Tenacious D. I remember when I first got into them, a few years ago...unfortunately, aside from the movie soundtrack, they only have one album. D:

Anyways, I adore almost all of their songs and the movie was fabulous. They're perverted in an almost...innocent way. It's hard to describe.

"And take a look...
'Cos here me and KG come, naked,
Out of the sidehatch...
With the oils and perfumes
And incense..."

XD It cracks me up, every time.

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Very good band, I've got both CDs (POD and Tenacious D)

My personal favorite is Tribute, It's interesting, because at fist glance you think that they're not good, but once you listen to their stuff, it's quality rock.

Kyle, although he can't play overly complicated solos, is a friggin genius with chords, and Jack is a very talented singer, he has a great voice for rock music.

What drives me crazy is the originality of their songs, they use basic chords and strumming patterns, but the lyrics are so good.

I think the best example of this is 'Karate'

link: YouTube - Tenacious D - Karate

That's a video of it, though not the full song, it's a part of the show they use to have. It's really funny, check it out.

-Yurai

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads, just so happened to be!
The best song in the world! it was the best song in the world!
Look into my eyes, and its easy to see! One and one make two, two and one make three
It was destiny
Once every hundred-thousand years a song,
Where the sun dont shine, and the moon dont glow
And the dust doest blow........."

I love that song. And just about every other song by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back