• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Temporary Super Moderator - CtR

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Because she is the only example of that type of person?

I don't see you kissing anybody else's ass.

I could care less how she got the position; she's proved herself to be a worthy addition to the staff.

Maybe I'm old fashion, but I don't think that having friends in the right places makes a person "worthy" of anything.

Masquerade

Where's battlecry? :(
Website
www.facebook.com
I could care less how she got the position; she's proved herself to be a worthy addition to the staff.

Oh really? Doesn't that undermine all the other moderators who obtained their position through their contribution, devotion and effort to THIS site.

You didn't know she'd be a worthy addition when you hired her. Seems like she was hired on the basis of links to other staff =/

Other members here have been moderators at other forums, including KHV, and that hasn't made them moderators.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
lol internet complaining.

Oh really? Doesn't that undermine all the other moderators who obtained their position through their contribution, devotion and effort to THIS site.

No, because we don't treat the internet like it's serious business, lol.

You didn't know she'd be a worthy addition when you hired her. Seems like she was hired on the basis of links to other staff =/

The fact that she's helped practically run another website that's a KHI affiliate, that's not a clue that she does good work? Not to mention that she's the only one of the KH-V Staff that actually bothered to come to KHI and become a regular, so when a position became available she had already become a complete regular at KHI, and she already had a track record as being capable of managing the position.

Other members here have been moderators at other forums, including KHV, and that hasn't made them moderators

Other members don't do so on websites that get 3 million hits monthly.

Last edited:
Awards
The fact that she's helped practically run another website that's a KHI affiliate, that's not a clue that she does good work? Not to mention that she's the only one of the KH-V Staff that actually bothered to come to KHI and become a regular, so when a position became available she had already become a complete regular at KHI, and she already had a track record as being capable of managing the position.

We have a huge amount of regulars here that could be doing the job just as well as her, but instead they went out of their way to offer a position to a person who was almost a total unknown on this site. So why are we going to KHV in search of something we could have found here?

She does good work, nobody is disputing that, but she didn't get the position because of it. If you weren't in a position of power yourself, I think you might feel differently about KHI operating on a spoils system.

And still, nobody's bothered to address the issue of why the administration felt the need to lie about her position being temporary in the first place.

Other members don't do so on websites that get 3 million hits monthly.

It doesn't matter how big your cesspit is; it's still a cesspit.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
We have a huge amount of regulars here that could be doing the job just as well as her, but instead they went out of their way to offer a position to a person who was almost a total unknown on this site. So why are we going to KHV in search of something we could have found here?

We didn't go to KH-V, she was the one from KH-Vids who came here. CtR was a member of the site for 2 months and made 200 posts of her own volition without any incentive other than the fact that she liked being at KHI, when the position needed to be filled while DG had to leave because of life issues, the fact that we had her around, someone who was already apart of a staff of a community we were well aware of, that had already chosen to become apart of KHI, she was an easy person to pick.

She does good work, nobody is disputing that, but she didn't get the position because of it. If you weren't in a position of power yourself, I think you might feel differently about KHI operating on a spoils system.

She got the position because she did good work that we could clearly see from an affiliate site of KHI. And what position of power am I in? I've got a blue username, wtf is that? And why should I care either way? I was asked about it beforehand if I would have a problem with it, and I said no. The position pretty much could have been mine, but I didn't care either way, not like I need to take INTERNET POWERZ like serious business.

You're sounding like Dogenzaka, OH MAN DEVOTING 2 YEARS OF MY LIFE TO THIS SITE YO, GIVE ME MY PROPER DUES. Do members of KHI really only stay apart of the community because they expect to get something out of it? Is it a big deal because the time you've logged in on the forums isn't manifesting itself into a position on the staff? The position was filled with a person we felt was going to do the job, if that person came from a KHI affiliate then so be it, if a person comes from our own forums, then so be it.

Isn't having people on Staff because they hang out in a section enough to be deemed responsible of keeping it in order no more a 'spoils system', because that's basically picking and choosing based on who's the "cool guy" of the section. Or "hey, I'VE DEVOTED YEARS OF MY LIFE, LOOK AT MY POST COUNT, STAFF POSITION PLZ"

And still, nobody's bothered to address the issue of why the administration felt the need to lie about her position being temporary in the first place.

It's your assumption that it's a lie, CtR is filling in for DG, as well as the other Supermods leaving, but the fact that the Staff is now being weeded out, she might end up staying anyway because she actually does a good job and there's practically no Staff left that's actually active, but she wasn't hired with the specific intent of staying permanently.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't see you kissing anybody else's ass.

Yet I do not see myself singling her out as the only person that statement refers to either. It's for anyone who fits that description, not just Kayleah.

Maybe I'm old fashion, but I don't think that having friends in the right places makes a person "worthy" of anything.

But being able to perform your job well does. If someone sucks shit at what what they do and still got a good position do to being friends with the higher ups, I would understand your complaints more; but she doesn't, so I don't.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Hold on here a minute.

Sam, you're clearly VERY misinformed. Nobody ever lied about Kayleah's position. It was originally meant as a temporary position, when Gopher told me that he was going to be inactive for a few weeks while he dealt with some stuff. However, seeing as how circumstances have changed, she's been offered a permanent position. But to come out and say that the Administration LIED right from the get go? That's complete and utter bullshit you're spreading just because YOU don't like the fact that she was offered a position. I'd like to know why you'd even pretend to know that, considering you were never involved with any of the talk of hiring her. Nor, infact, have you been consulted about the hiring of ANYBODY since you left the staff. So I'd really like to know where you're getting your ideas from.

Anyways, I'm closing this. Not to censor Sam and his cynical voice. You wanna keep up this discussion, Sam, take it over to Site Feedback and Support. I'm closing the thread because this isn't at all what this thread was meant for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back