• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's Batman - Summer 2016 - "Alfred will remember that"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;hXVkXYaKqxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVkXYaKqxM[/video]

August 2nd.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The entire Batmanverse at your disposable and you use....Falcone. I hope there are more villains otherwise this will be a pretty tame Batman game.

Also, I'm so not used to Vicki Vale not being blonde.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...really? They are going to start this with Falcone? I can literally pick up two recent Batman-related things that have Falcone in it and probably get a similar experience.

Of all of the stories they could have chosen. This game better be like 90% Bruce Wayne so it has a new angle to provide.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I can't imagine Falcone being a major staple throughout every episode. I'd imagine (and hope) that they're using him to somehow transition to a much, for lack of a better term, better villain. We've seen enough of Falcone in everything else lately.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unlike Minecraft's trophies/achievements, Batman returns to Telltale's usual trophy list (a.k.a. one easy platinum).

And from trophy titles I'm guessing the Two-Face thing comes through in episode 2

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Unlike Minecraft's trophies/achievements, Batman returns to Telltale's usual trophy list (a.k.a. one easy platinum).

And from trophy titles I'm guessing the Two-Face thing comes through in episode 2

i'm gonna be honest, this game is sounding pretty damn dumb. from falcone, to the "multiplayer", to the QTEs. as a batman fan its honestly disheartening to see this game and not be excited for it.

i really hope i'm wrong, between arkham knight and the killing joke movie, its as if original batman stories aren't getting made anymore- or the execs are turning down the better ones for this shit.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You're surprised about QTE from a company who does nothing but QTE?

And the multiplayer isn't actual multiplayer, it's more for streamers or if you have friends around so unless you're a streamer, or actually have a friend, it's something you will never deal with

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You're surprised about QTE from a company who does nothing but QTE?

And the multiplayer isn't actual multiplayer, it's more for streamers or if you have friends around so unless you're a streamer, or actually have a friend, it's something you will never deal with

i only played TWD; i'm not against QTEs in regular gameplay but for a primarily narrative game i'd prefer it to be more or less something to watch and decide.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i only played TWD; i'm not against QTEs in regular gameplay but for a primarily narrative game i'd prefer it to be more or less something to watch and decide.
Mate mate mate mate mate.

Telltale games sucks.

But they have one team who just does QTE's right.

Honestly QTE do suck, and I hate Telltale for over using them.

But just sit back and watch this.

[video=youtube;WgKR2nd3X_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKR2nd3X_E[/video]

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Mate mate mate mate mate.

Telltale games sucks.

But they have one team who just does QTE's right.

Honestly QTE do suck, and I hate Telltale for over using them.

But just sit back and watch this.

[video=youtube;WgKR2nd3X_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKR2nd3X_E[/video]

this is probably the best thing i ever saw

okay maybe it won't be so bad but the story still looks cheap

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've enjoyed every Telltale game I've played so far, at least from a story perspective. Back in the PS3 days the games were glitchy as diddly, but I haven't had any issues in PS4 this far, and with an updated engine I'm hoping things will really look up.

Anyway, I look forward to this simply because I know Telltale knows how to tell a story, not necessarily because it's Batman.

For those who say they haven't experienced anything Telltale yet, I can't recommend enough The Wolf Among Us and Tales From the Borderlands.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Game of Thrones was one of the biggest disappointments, highlighted even further as it was arriving alongside Tales from the Borderlands.

Minecraft isn't that bad, but it's short (each episode done in 90 minutes) and definitely geared towards Children. And who knows why they decided to cut their original vision short and move the series into a "tv" episode structure, with a different adventure every month rather than a long-standing plot (more money from parents so their kids can play more Minecraft).

And they killed off Reuben. I can never forgive them.

Edit: I take back what I said about the "multiplayer" being for streaming.

Edit2: No doubt mentioned before, but we know which team is working on Batman? If it's the Game of Thrones team then say RIP to an enjoyable game.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It's going to sound weird putting it this way, but I mostly enjoyed the potential of Telltale's Game of Thrones. They could have done so much more with that, I was excited the whole way through... And then there just wasn't ever a payoff. And while GoT and Borderlands are drastically different series, it's still safe to say that the writing was way more lacking in GoT than Borderlands, like those stories are not even close in quality.

And then Minecraft.... I mean I enjoy it while I play it, but I never really feel any motivation to hop into a new episode, I always end up playing them way after release.

Not to beat a dead horse... But season 2 of The Wolf Among Us is all I want from this company at this point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

lol so what is even the point of Crowd Play? I doubt I'll be having 2000 people over my house, let alone more than like two where we can't just shout our decisions out and go for it without needing a link on a phone...

If they feel that there is an issue with lag, how about they turn off the stupid decision timer for Crowd Play mode. It would be an amazing and cool feature if they bothered to ditch the need to make choices in a limited frame of time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's going to sound weird putting it this way, but I mostly enjoyed the potential of Telltale's Game of Thrones. They could have done so much more with that, I was excited the whole way through... And then there just wasn't ever a payoff. And while GoT and Borderlands are drastically different series, it's still safe to say that the writing was way more lacking in GoT than Borderlands, like those stories are not even close in quality.

And then Minecraft.... I mean I enjoy it while I play it, but I never really feel any motivation to hop into a new episode, I always end up playing them way after release.

Not to beat a dead horse... But season 2 of The Wolf Among Us is all I want from this company at this point.
I think what really soured my with Game of Thrones, apart from boring characters who I just couldn't care out, was that for a company that makes games for a "choose your own adventure", I would choose what I felt was what I would do and end up dead and have to select the option the game actually wanted.

Why do you have to decision-shame me, Game of Thrones, just because I didn't fit in your narrow minded storyline :mad:

If they feel that there is an issue with lag, how about they turn off the stupid decision timer for Crowd Play mode. It would be an amazing and cool feature if they bothered to ditch the need to make choices in a limited frame of time.
Whenever I play a Telltale game I usually put down the controller and surf the internet and wait for silence to tell me to make a decision.

Except they keep talking when the timer is ticking down so I don't notice I need to make a decision until it's flashing red. So I just press a random button.

Life is Strange didn't have any timer and I was able to thankfully consider each alternative and make a decision without the pressure of time.

And I remember in the Walking Dead, the options would be fairly tame but the outcome disastrous. I get that me complaining about death in GoT not being part of the storyline, or that everything in the Walking Dead is bleak, and thats how the games are meant to be.
But when I'm presented with the option to say "Sorry Lucy, I'm siding with Darryl on this" and then my character blurts out "That's a stupid idea Lucy, you're the fucking stupidest person alive", I'm left feeling bad because I chose an option that on the surface didn't seem rude, but then the character made it rude. And this happens all the time in The Walking Dead sob

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
True or False: Mira's entire section of the game actually has no impact on the rest of the game.
True, but if I select that option then I will offend everyone and that will make everyone yell at me later on down the line.

If I pick false, you will remember that. Everyone will discover I lied and will yell at me later on down the line.

I stay silent, then everyone will yet at me later on down the line for not warning everyone.

I choose the fourth option, I say to everyone here "I'm Batman". This causes an army to run out and murder me presenting a "Game Over" screen where I am taken back to this very decision wheel where I have to pick an option that will result in everyone yelling at me later on down the line.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
True, but if I select that option then I will offend everyone and that will make everyone yell at me later on down the line.

If I pick false, you will remember that. Everyone will discover I lied and will yell at me later on down the line.

I stay silent, then everyone will yet at me later on down the line for not warning everyone.

I choose the fourth option, I say to everyone here "I'm Batman". This causes an army to run out and murder me presenting a "Game Over" screen where I am taken back to this very decision wheel where I have to pick an option that will result in everyone yelling at me later on down the line.

Telltale Games, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back