• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tekken,Street Fighter, or Marvel Vs. Capcom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Fighting Series

• Tekken

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Street Fighter

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celus93

Which fighting series do you perfer and which do you think is better.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Guilty Gear

On a different note, why are you asking? Are you thinking about picking up one of them?

impart

Climb The Sky
Marvel Vs. Capcom

because it has all the street fighter people on it (mostly), AND you can be spider man

otherwise I would pick street fighter. I grew up with that game

Gram

Banned
Awards
street fighter i guess, tho i havent really played a marvel VS. capcom ouside of a little arcade machine in a rental store.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Marvel vs. Capcom. It's not a fighting game without mutants!

Not really, but I was raised on Marvel vs. Capcom, so it will be my final pick.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
SF as it's one of the most solid fighting game franchises available. Of these three choices, Tekken is the most awkward choice available since it's a 3D fighter while the other two are very, very famous and popular 2D fighters. Now that isn't saying that Tekken isn't well known but it's definitely not played as much internationally in comparison to SF or MvC.

I don't play 3D fighters, so Tekken was an obvious boot out of the poll, but MvC and SF are very solid games, each with a strong and extremely large competitive scene supporting them. Comparing the two series, SF is a more fundamental-heavy game (i.e. footsies, zoning, etc) whereas MvC is an extremely rush-down heavy game, comprised of a large amount of bug exploits at a high level of play. That doesn't mean that there fundamental game strategy and play doesn't apply, but it shines more heavily in SF, especially with ST and the recent SF4 series. That being said, SF allows for a whole variety of play styles and pretty much gives you some of the best basics that you can carry over to other 2D fighters.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't like Marvel, just don't. Only 3D fighting game I enjoyed was a Soul Caliber title, and I played a Street Fighter demo and I liked it.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The only good 3D fighting game is Virtua Fighter so yeah.

Marvel is a lot of throwing shit at people and hoping they fuck up their blocking. It's pretty much about abusing flawed design.

Street Fighter is the best ongoing series out there. For the most part it doesn't matter which character you pick as long as you have good fundamentals. Good fundamentals take you much further in SF than in any other fighting game. It's also the most balanced of the games you mentioned. The difference between how good the best characters are and how good the worst are is much less than the ones in Tekken and certainly Marvel.

ross61

Tekken, I've been playing since the first one and I got to say it plays it thoroughly enjoyable. Juggling your opponents, stunning them and finishing them off, high powered attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back