What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Tech-Challenged and attempting to build a PC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Reaction score
I was gonna post this in the tech thread, but it seems to be suited specifically for problems, and I don't really have a problem. I'm just very new at this whole customization thing. A couple friends irl are gonna help me actually build it, but as far as components go, I'm pretty much clueless.

I'm not going for a gaming pc, but I do want something that can perform well for basic video editing (mostly for my let's plays and various projects.) Aside from video editing, I just need to be able to perform every day tasks with it.

I did some research and these are the parts I picked out on newegg. I don't know how to tell whether or not these pieces will be compatible, and that's pretty much where i'm stuck. Any advice on whether or not this is a good set-up for the build would be greatly appreciated.

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0

(I just thought it looked really sleek)

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Video Card: AMD 633897-ZH1 Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 Video Card

power supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP8GX3M2A1600C9

Monitor: Asus VE248H Black 24" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers (I'm assuming this doesn't really matter for the purposes of picking out the components, but I thought I should mention it.)

DVD Drive: ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS

I haven't had a chance to look in additional heatsinks and of course I still need peripherals, but for now, I'm more concerned with whether or not this set-up will work. (Again, total newb in this area.)

Once again, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Taylor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Awards
>doesn't want a gaming computer

>basically building a gaming computer

if you're doing just simple stuff, you're spending way too much money here, man.

Victor

into the night for once
Reaction score
Awards
You should probably link to each part man
or a public newegg list
i ain't helpan cause i ain't copy pastan >:C

Status
Not open for further replies.
shape1
shape2
shape3