• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Tech-Challenged and attempting to build a PC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I was gonna post this in the tech thread, but it seems to be suited specifically for problems, and I don't really have a problem. I'm just very new at this whole customization thing. A couple friends irl are gonna help me actually build it, but as far as components go, I'm pretty much clueless.

I'm not going for a gaming pc, but I do want something that can perform well for basic video editing (mostly for my let's plays and various projects.) Aside from video editing, I just need to be able to perform every day tasks with it.

I did some research and these are the parts I picked out on newegg. I don't know how to tell whether or not these pieces will be compatible, and that's pretty much where i'm stuck. Any advice on whether or not this is a good set-up for the build would be greatly appreciated.

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0

(I just thought it looked really sleek)

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Video Card: AMD 633897-ZH1 Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 Video Card

power supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP8GX3M2A1600C9

Monitor: Asus VE248H Black 24" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers (I'm assuming this doesn't really matter for the purposes of picking out the components, but I thought I should mention it.)

DVD Drive: ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS

I haven't had a chance to look in additional heatsinks and of course I still need peripherals, but for now, I'm more concerned with whether or not this set-up will work. (Again, total newb in this area.)

Once again, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
>doesn't want a gaming computer

>basically building a gaming computer

if you're doing just simple stuff, you're spending way too much money here, man.

D

Deleted member 36435

You should probably link to each part man
or a public newegg list
i ain't helpan cause i ain't copy pastan >:C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back