• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TAV's orignal homeworlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Personally I always just figured Eraqus came across Terra and Aqua and adopted them, or at the very least adopted terra given their father-son type of dynamic.

I believed that as well... or maybe it's like a boarding school place where they train Keyblade Masters?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On the SoA's changing, that has been shown for both Sora and Ventus already. For Ven, as Ruran pointed out, it were the inner symbols in the rings which house his friends' wayfinders in the later station while as a kid four years before BBS they only show a stylized fleur-de-lys and a six-pointed star in the middle.
Not to mention the outer symbols, which are fleur-de-lys in Ven's "kid"-station and Mark of Mastery-symbols in the "current" BBS-form and even Ven himself, as his "kid"-station lacks the shoulder-armor, chest-straps and his keyblade, all which he does have in the "current" platform.
The broken platform represented the rupture in his heart created by Xehanort, with the chunk missing at the side representing the piece that was ripped off to create Vanitas.
Sora's platform initially didn't even hold a picture of his own form as seen in "where the heart goes" when we see a four-year-old Sora's station while the inner rings house various objects connected to island life.

If we look at the other SoAs we know though, the background likely does represent something that has a huge impact on the heart in question, as Snow White has a flower field, Cinderella the palace steps, Aurora a maze of thorns and Belle even has a person, the Beast, at the background of her station.

IDK about Terra and Aqua (there's pasts are way too ambiguous) but if we want to go by the novels, Ven was orphan MX found in some nondescript world during his travels. I highly doubt he's from the KBG though, with Terra and Aqua I can see speculation that there may be civilizations at other local around LoD where they may have originated but the KBG is pretty apparently a waste land. Again, if we want to go by the novels (which are of questionable authenticity) then perhaps Ven saw the KBG as his "first true home" despite being from another world, much like how Kairi sees DI as her true home. Though I think it's more likely that the KBG is the background of his SoW because it just had such a huge impact on his life.

Ambigious or simply close to non-existent? Last time I checked we do not get anything about Terra's and Aqua's past except the fact that they were already training under Eraqus four years before BBS.
Ventus is a bit more murky, the fact that Xehanort found him on some nondescript world during his travels and decided to train him after seeing his potential is from the reports in BBS itself, so that can count as canon fact.
The orphan-bit though is from the novels.

I agree though that the KBG is an unlikely "home world" per se because it's apparently a dead world with only rocks, dust and sand as far as the eye reaches.

A part of KH's donked up cosmology is that it treats locations as worlds. I very much doubt that LoD encompasses the whole world and much like how I assume that "France" exists outside of Beast's Castle I don't think the transformation of LoD to CO literally transformed the whole "planet". Just that particular property.

Heh, I guess that's because in each world, even the original ones, we only get one or at most two distinct locations to explore per game. That may give sometimes the impression that there is nothing more in that world.
Twilight Town is also a good example as while we can explore two districts when counting Sunset Terrace, from the top of the Clock Tower you can see that the town itself is still much bigger than that what you actually can explore and while the town is apparently surrounded by forest (how that goes with the notion that Twilight Town is supposed to have a beach is beyond me) it does not show what is possibly inside or beyond the forest.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I believed that as well... or maybe it's like a boarding school place where they train Keyblade Masters?

a boarding school? well nomura did say there were other wielders scattered across the worlds. maybe they left this supposed school in their youth to find a master. this master of course being eraqus

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah, I have always wondered where Aqua and Terra originally came from. Ventus I am almost sure is an orphan, no parent in their right mind would have given Ventus over to MX. Plus I just get this feeling whenever I think of Ventus meeting MX that Ventus was an orphan. So the question is what happened to his parents? Ya know what would be really fucked up, is if MX had killed Ventus' parents when he was a baby and taken the baby Ventus to be his apprentice.

As for Terra and Aqua's parents, I can picture Eraqus coming across the kids at some points, sensing they had the potential to be keyblade wielders, he then spoke with their parents and explained the situation to them. Their parents decided it would be best for their kids and for the worlds as a whole if their kids went to become keyblade masters.

Or then again, Terra does look up to Eraqus like his own father and we can assume Aqua feels the same since these two did seem to become apprentices around the same time (I'm not saying they are siblings because that would make my support for the TerraXAqua shipping very strange) but I'm just saying Eraqus found one and then not too long after found the other one on a different world. So it could be the reason that they look up to Eraqus as a father is because they lost their own parents at some point and they too are orphans.

I wish Nomura would explain their past in some way or another. The period before BBS (Xehanort, Eraqus, and Yensid's past as apprentices, and TAV past before becoming keyblade wielders) is something I'm very interested in.

Now to comment on Ventus' heart showing the Keyblade Graveyard, obviously that is not his home world. There is no one that actually lives on Keyblade Graveyard as a society. This again points to my belief that Ventus was an orphan baby found by MX. If MX had taken Ventus to train at Keyblade Graveyard since he was a baby then it would make since Keyblade Graveyard shows up on his Awakening because he has such a close association to it. The question is, why doesn't LOD replace it later on since he now considers that place to be his home?

I also wonder where MX stayed when not at Keyblade Graveyard. I think it would have been interesting if Nomura had made the old mansion in Twilight Town MX's old base (because remember ATW found that mansion and there was already a computer there, so that shows someone was doing research there before ATW came) and they could have tied the other memory pods to MX since a number of them in KH2 when you look at them say they have been used before or that they have not been used in a long time, so that right there hints they have been there before ATW arrived.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
^ I like everything that you said Memory Master. xD
Especially the parts about MX maybe killing Ven's parents to take him on as an apprentice and that MX used the computers in the mansion of Twilight Town. It actually makes a lot of sense.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
^ I like everything that you said Memory Master. xD
Especially the parts about MX maybe killing Ven's parents to take him on as an apprentice and that MX used the computers in the mansion of Twilight Town. It actually makes a lot of sense.
Wouldn't but it past him. He treats people like objects, this guy. No concern for people's lives.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
great theory memory master :)

i myself can picture a scenario were xehanort could have appeared before ven when he was around sora's age in bbs. xehanort would preform the ceremony with ven and leave promising to take him to other worlds when he got older. xehanort would appear a few years later when ven had materialized a keyblade of his own. xehanort, making sure ven had nothing to tie him down to his old world would kill ven's parents hen ven wasnt around them at the time, maybe playing with a group of friends. xehanort would tell ven they died in some accident and promised that he would take care of him. ven, having no one else to turn to would go with him.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards

i myself can picture a scenario were xehanort could have appeared before ven when he was around sora's age in bbs. xehanort would preform the ceremony with ven and leave promising to take him to other worlds when he got older. xehanort would appear a few years later when ven had materialized a keyblade of his own. xehanort, making sure ven had nothing to tie him down to his old world would kill ven's parents hen ven wasnt around them at the time, maybe playing with a group of friends. xehanort would tell ven they died in some accident and promised that he would take care of him. ven, having no one else to turn to would go with him.
Ah, poor Ven.... always so trusting. But that can be used against him, too.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
a boarding school? well nomura did say there were other wielders scattered across the worlds. maybe they left this supposed school in their youth to find a master. this master of course being eraqus

Oh really? Cool, maybe it could be true... xD

OOoh I like this idea... its dark and perfect.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I don't see MX killing Ven's parents and taking him on as a baby, or doing anything that's not completely necessary to achieve his immediate goal. It certainly makes Ven's life seem harder, especially when he tries playing the pacifist, but Master Xehanort, I think, would be more content to lure Ven away and only ever kill the parents if needbe. Ven, assuming he's under 10 at this point, would be pretty vulnerable if Xehanort were to find him on his own, having just picked up some milk, or got out of school, or something.

I just can't imagine Xehanort raising a toddler. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I recall correctly the Ven being an orphan-bit is from the novels and there it was also said that he never even saw or knew his parents, while the Xehanort Reports in-game imply that Xehanort just found him on one of the worlds he travelled.

Going by that and the fact that Ven is around 10/11 when Xehanort creates Vanitas four years before BBS, I'd assume that Xehanort most likely found Ven when he was around seven or eight, not much younger, as like ajmrowland I certainly cannot imagine someone like MX caring for a child younger than that.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ lol I find it hard sometimes to even believe he'd look after one as young as 10/11 even though he has.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ lol I find it hard sometimes to even believe he'd look after one as young as 10/11 even though he has.

I think no one even believes for a second that Ven's time under MX was anything close to comfortable, although that he choose to go with MX and become his apprentice may shine a bit light upon how much Ven's childhood before must have sucked.
With that background, it is somewhat not so surprising that he was initially just a diffident, timid little child just looking for someone who cares for him with close to no self-esteem. Probably the exact opposite to the bright childhood Sora enjoyed while growing up.

Yup, they are basically like mini-teenagers at that point, so they can do anything themselves. A toddler... ?

(imagines MX caring for a 3 year old.) PFFFT! xD He wouldn't last a day! xD

Yep, children aged between seven and eleven are certainly easier to handle than a toddler.

Why does that suddenly give me a creepy image of MX having a basket with Baby-Ven in it sitting on one of the rocks at the Badlands and ranting either about Darkness, the X-blade or his new vessel while Baby-Ven is sucking on his Baby-Soother and playing with his Baby-rattle?
0_o

Makes one wonder though how MX would perform the Keyblade inheritance ceremony with a toddler...<__<

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Yep, children aged between seven and eleven are certainly easier to handle than a toddler.

Why does that suddenly give me a creepy image of MX having a basket with Baby-Ven in it sitting on one of the rocks at the Badlands and ranting either about Darkness, the X-blade or his new vessel while Baby-Ven is sucking on his Baby-Soother and playing with his Baby-rattle?
0_o

Makes one wonder though how MX would perform the Keyblade inheritance ceremony with a toddler...<__<

(thinks of image... looks away, shaking with laughter.)

Now if only they made that image into a sitcom, then I will die laughing.

They only have to touch the keyblade right? Kairi just touched Aqua's in BBS and was able to use a keyblade, Terra let Riku touch his and he was able to use one as well so I guess they just have to touch a keyblade to use one, the ceremony is just for tradition.

So just imagine MX giving the keyblade to baby Ven and because baby Ven is a toddler, he wants to see what the hell it is, so he touches it and BOOM, now is a keyblade wielder. :3

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
(thinks of image... looks away, shaking with laughter.)

Now if only they made that image into a sitcom, then I will die laughing.

They only have to touch the keyblade right? Kairi just touched Aqua's in BBS and was able to use a keyblade, Terra let Riku touch his and he was able to use one as well so I guess they just have to touch a keyblade to use one, the ceremony is just for tradition.

So just imagine MX giving the keyblade to baby Ven and because baby Ven is a toddler, he wants to see what the hell it is, so he touches it and BOOM, now is a keyblade wielder. :3

No, the inheritance ceremony is the thing that Terra said. Riku's the only one who actually got thta. Because Kairi's heart was light, when she touched the keyblade, she inherited the ability to use one.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Ambigious or simply close to non-existent? Last time I checked we do not get anything about Terra's and Aqua's past except the fact that they were already training under Eraqus four years before BBS.
Ventus is a bit more murky, the fact that Xehanort found him on some nondescript world during his travels and decided to train him after seeing his potential is from the reports in BBS itself, so that can count as canon fact.
The orphan-bit though is from the novels.

I agree though that the KBG is an unlikely "home world" per se because it's apparently a dead world with only rocks, dust and sand as far as the eye reaches.

Touche. I get the feeling what I wrote about MX finding Ven and being and him orphan came across a bit confusing on my part?

Heh, I guess that's because in each world, even the original ones, we only get one or at most two distinct locations to explore per game. That may give sometimes the impression that there is nothing more in that world.
Twilight Town is also a good example as while we can explore two districts when counting Sunset Terrace, from the top of the Clock Tower you can see that the town itself is still much bigger than that what you actually can explore and while the town is apparently surrounded by forest (how that goes with the notion that Twilight Town is supposed to have a beach is beyond me) it does not show what is possibly inside or beyond the forest.

I was going to bring up Sunset Terrace as an example as too, but the name slipped my mind so I was like "oh well~" Besides, in Re:CoM we get to see some of the land surrounding CO and it seems to be encompassed of mostly empty grassland. Relating somewhat to Swoosh's question as to how the change from LoD to CO would affect potential neighboring residents...they probably didn't notice. If there are any. LoD was in the mountains and there was nature as far as the eye could see. Plus, with TAV being so sheltered and Keyblade wielders "working from the shadows" it's apparent that the location of LoD was meant to be very secret. If other people lived on that world I reckon most of them didn't, and still, don't know about LoD and have only heard rumors at best.

Kind of like those stories involving a secret/sacred place like a monastery hidden in the mountains that are so vague and supposedly so hard to find it's regarded as legend. Only in BbS, instead of hearing whispers from the towns folk, you get to see what's happening from inside said secret location.

No, the inheritance ceremony is the thing that Terra said. Riku's the only one who actually got thta. Because Kairi's heart was light, when she touched the keyblade, she inherited the ability to use one.

Kairi underwent the ceremony too, just by accident. As you said yourself, Kairi inherited the ability to use the Keyblade, which is what the ceremony does. It passes down the ability, plus, functions as a "letter of recommendation" for a Keyblade. The rhyme thing Terra did doesn't really have anything to do with the ceremony per se, he just said because he wanted to. It looks like something he made up himself because when he was younger he thought it'd be cool to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back