• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tattoos, Body Art, Body Piercings, Body Modification Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I got a couple tattoos. One of them has a significance to me, but that dont mean they all have to. Nothing wrong with getting a tattoo just 'cause it looks nice. As long as it does look nice though. And not something like...

Dragonball_Z_3441024501865.jpg

I also dont find the appeal of huge tattoos with lots of different colors. Minimalistic ones are easier on the eyes.

I plan on getting a few more later on when I got money, but nothing big.

That pic reminds me of a guy at my university who has mario game designed arm and leg sleeves. Shit sounds cool but looks horrible

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
That pic reminds me of a guy at my university who has mario game designed arm and leg sleeves. Shit sounds cool but looks horrible

Lots of tattos sound like nice ideas on paper, but end up looking anal.

Anyone here have pictures of their tattoos?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Anyway, as for me, I'll be getting two tattoos the coming Saturday. One line on each bicep at approximately sleeve height, in Pulsian script (see: Final Fantasy XIII) which make relevance to my own life. Something that I want to live by now is creating my future with my right arm as my left bares my past, which in turn is why my tattoo(s) of choice is/are on the right arm "While reaching for the future", and on the left "We sometimes fall into the past".
Me being astronomy-obssessed I might get tattoos representing the stars that make up the constellation Orion. The biggest star will be the biggest tattoo, and so forth down the sizes, but I don't think I could get them to scale - I'd also have them reflective of the star's actual colours/appearance. If I do get those tattoos, at the very least I'd get the two of the shoulders and three of the belt. Don't know how a tattoo would feel or look on the back of my neck or near my knees.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
the only tattoos i am seriously considering are a deathly hallows symbol tattoo (i dont wanna go into how much i love harry potter), or this:

zodiac-sagittarius-sign-clip-art.jpg

which is the sag zodiac sign. i would LOVE to get either one on the skin between my thumb and index finger, but there's that whole bit about being a professional and not having something you can't cover up. so i'm pretty much at a dead end.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Me being astronomy-obssessed I might get tattoos representing the stars that make up the constellation Orion. The biggest star will be the biggest tattoo, and so forth down the sizes, but I don't think I could get them to scale - I'd also have them reflective of the star's actual colours/appearance. If I do get those tattoos, at the very least I'd get the two of the shoulders and three of the belt. Don't know how a tattoo would feel or look on the back of my neck or near my knees.

It'd be refreshing to see a constellation which isn't the southern cross. Man I hate those tattoos.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It'd be refreshing to see a constellation which isn't the southern cross. Man I hate those tattoos.
FUCK OATH CUNT IM A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STRAYAN RACE

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm not opposed to the idea of getting a tattoo myself; I just haven't given it much thought. If I do get one, it'll probably be something simple -- covering my right deltoid, max. I'll mull over design details later, but I'll really like tribal tattoos. They're clean and elegant.

That tattoo is freaking sweet looking. It just needs something to transition into his back....it feels weird that it just cuts off at the shoulder.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I've definitely got a "to each their own" attitude, and it's not hard for me to find much of it attractive, at least in moderation. I actually have a couple tattoos, myself:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That tattoo is freaking sweet looking. It just needs something to transition into his back....it feels weird that it just cuts off at the shoulder.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I'm pretty seriously repulsed by piercings, tattoos, etc

What about body modifications that have become mainstream, like female earrings?

So... what do you guys think about people like that? Who donate tattooed skin, and such.

Anyone altruistic enough to donate their body, or parts of it, for a cause greater than themselves has my full respect. I really hope that guy from the Guinness Book of World Records with the full-body leopard tattoo preserves his body in some way so future generations can admire it, in the flesh, so to speak.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is the first time I'm seeing this guy's front and back profile. I'm really digging the tat going up his spine. I would probably dig it more if it matched each spinal segment, one to one, but still kept the variation in circle size.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Certain piercings are okay to me. Earrings are fine. But things like gauges... no thanks.

And pretty much any tattoo is fine to me. Even full-body tattoos. In fact, I find those the most entertaining.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I kind of love gauges, as long as they aren't outrageously huge. I've thought about getting them for myself, too, but I'm not sure how I feel about the process.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Here's one of mine

2q3uewz.png

I dont think I have a pic of my other one, but it's Bruce Lee's JKD symbol and its the one that actually reflects a part of my life.

I plan on getting a few more come winter time. Just need to think of designs.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Tattoos don't really bother Mel but I'm never gonna get one.
Maybe if it wasn't against my religion though, I'd probably get something on my bicep.
I love when girls do this though:
butterfly-tattoo.jpg

That's pretty hot

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I kind of love gauges, as long as they aren't outrageously huge. I've thought about getting them for myself, too, but I'm not sure how I feel about the process.

Im the same, though I think I like plugs more than I like gauges. Wait are they the same and tunnels are the third kind? Either way ones that look sort of reasonable, as in, not actually hurting the ears I think look pretty cool. Though I woudn't get them just because of work etc.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
This is the first time I'm seeing this guy's front and back profile. I'm really digging the tat going up his spine. I would probably dig it more if it matched each spinal segment, one to one, but still kept the variation in circle size.
This makes me want to get some kind of mechanical/augmented spine tattoo now.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Never really liked earrings or piercings of any kind, doubt I ever will. Same thing with tattoos.

Some sub-sets and things in particular I find attractive (yes tramp stamps, henna, fatima's hands, and belly piercings can look attractive) but not something I'd ever do for myself. While I'm into self-expression, not into something solid and lasting. Write on smoke on a passing breeze and all that.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member

That is one snazzy looking dragon.

This makes me want to get some kind of mechanical/augmented spine tattoo now.

Yesssssssss.

While I'm into self-expression, not into something solid and lasting.

How do you feel about the people who do do it?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back