• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tangled

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kago

Re: Walt Disney's Rapunzel

Small girls? Are you kidding? I was a bigger fan of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast than any of the girls I knew when I was a young boy. I actually find that statement offensive, after all the time and energy I spent watching Sleeping Beauty over and over and over again when I was, like, seven. Disney's catering to the wrong fan base. They need to be focusing on the little gay boys who really support their Princess titles.

That aside, this actually looks like it might be a nice movie. I'm a bit disappointed it isn't being hand drawn, but the animation looks pretty spiffy from the clip. It's got the traditional Disney Princess set-up; and Rapunzel really does look like a blond Ariel. Any word on whether it's going to be a musical or not?

Shuri/Eli

But i'm a boy, and i'm not gay. I'm a Disney fanboy because their classic movies and art are amazing! I'm guessing that the movie will be a musical, since Rapunzel will be in the Disney Princess franchise. If she doesn't sing, then she wouldn't fit in with the Princesses at all. And i'm glad you see the really similar appearance between her an Ariel. I noticed it right away, since Ariel is my favorite fictional character. She has the same facial expressions too.

Shuri

There you go, Shuri. :]

And I'm a disney fangirl so of course I'm gonna go see this.
Ah, thank you very much! I'm surprised I missed that, but, well, there you go.

But i'm a boy, and i'm not gay. I'm a Disney fanboy because their classic movies and art are amazing!
I could change that. Teehee~. <3
Just kidding. At any rate, singing and beautiful artwork attract people of all sexualities. But I would still say the Disney Princess franchises are mainly supported by gay ten-year-olds. You're just the exception to the rule or something. xD

And i'm glad you see the really similar appearance between her an Ariel. I noticed it right away, since Ariel is my favorite fictional character. She has the same facial expressions too.
Haha! The Little Mermaid is tied with Beauty and the Beast as my favorite Disney film ever. I can't tell you how much I adore the song "Part of Your World". I honestly think I learned every note in that song by heart before I knew how to add basic integers. :3

Shuri/Eli

kago

Haha! The Little Mermaid is tied with Beauty and the Beast as my favorite Disney film ever. I can't tell you how much I adore the song "Part of Your World". I honestly think I learned every note in that song by heart before I knew how to add basic integers. :3

I know every line in The Little Mermaid, as well as The Nightmare Before Christmas. Big Disney nerd right here! XD

kago

Finally some more news on the movie!

Rapunzel finally has a voice!

Singer Mandy Moore has been cast as the main character voice of Disney's next animated film Rapunzel while Chuck star Zachary Levi will play the prince. The Rotten Tomatoes website had the chance to ask Moore a few question about her role in movie that is scheduled for a December 10th 2010 release.
"She's definitely the quintessential sassy, young Disney heroine," Moore told RT. "She's a bit of a spitfire too, and a very curious young woman. She's really curious about the world she's never really seen and she's coming into her own. I've done a little bit of work already," Moore said, "but the bulk of it I'll start when I get back home. It's a lot of fun. And there's music involved; really great music. It's just so cool to be added to such great lineage," she said.

"I'm going to be a Disney princess! I grew up watching Disney films and singing The Little Mermaid. It's hard to wrap my head around [the fact] that I'll be following suit. When the opportunity came up to audition I remember thinking, 'I'm probably not going to get something like this but I'll go up for it. I'm sure I'll be one of many.' It was one of those things that you didn't necessarily think much of. You just think 'What are the chances?' So it was a very nice surprise. There's a lot of imagination that goes into doing an animated film, and this really is my first proper, proper one," she told Rotten Tomatoes.

"It's a lot more draining than you expect. I'm sure you figure, you show up in whatever you're wearing and you don't have to be all made up and there's no waiting around. I think because there's so much that has to take place in your mind, there's so much to imagine. And a lot of the time you're not reading with anyone. It can be taxing in a different way than sitting around waiting all day on a set."

kago

Finally, we get some more tid-bits of the new upcoming Disney Princess. I'm really starting to like how this 2D/3D style is coming out. Can't wait for the movie!
rapunzel_001.jpg

rapunzel_002.jpg

KairiClone

This movie looks really good! I can't wait to see it. I love Disney movies so much, so I know i'll love it!

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

Looks like a movie worth watching. Heh, classic is always nice.

sassysis10

I'm glad Disney is doing another classic story. I would have perfered they were doing this movie in 2D, but I like the way they've taken the CGI.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards

Well hope this movie is good! would love to see it..

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I've been wanting Disney to make Repunzel into a movie for a while so this is awsome! :D
I was hoping that it would have been hand drawn too but the art is looking nicer than I anticipated.

Luvinlizzxp

Website
www.facebook.com

Cast:
Rapunzel – Kristin Chenoweth

Rapunzel looks like Ariel with blonde hair. Everything about her just screams Ariel, i bet anything that she was based off of her. Other then that, i do think that since she's a princes, the movie should of been 2D. But i still think i will like this movie.

Oh. My. God. I ADORE Kristin Chenoweth. Pushing daisies, Glee guest star, and now Rapunzel! Hands down the songs in this movie are gonna be good then! Well, should be if its Kristin singing :DD (which she obviously will).

I think this time I can overlook the fact its not 2D this time. Probably because from the picture, Rapunzel looks pretty damn spunky and I like that shamisen
Is there a trailer?

kago

Oh. My. God. I ADORE Kristin Chenoweth. Pushing daisies, Glee guest star, and now Rapunzel! Hands down the songs in this movie are gonna be good then! Well, should be if its Kristin singing :DD (which she obviously will).

I think this time I can overlook the fact its not 2D this time. Probably because from the picture, Rapunzel looks pretty damn spunky and I like that shamisen
Is there a trailer?

Nope, no trailers yet, but i will be sure to post them ASAP. There should be a short video of her talking, some where in the thread though.

kago

The long awaited Disney film "Rapunzel" scheduled to reach theatres in November 2010 has been surprsingly renamed. The film is now called "Tangled."
The film's producer, Roy Conli used Facebook to announce the new title on Friday. He said: "Hey everyone, I’m Roy Conli, producer of Disney’s next animated film. I have some exciting news to share, and it was important to me that YOU guys – the Disney fans – hear it first. I want to tell you about Walt Disney Animation Studio’s 2010 release, Tangled. It’s a really fresh, smart take on the Rapunzel story. In our film, the infamous bandit Flynn Rider meets his match in the girl with the 70 feet of magical golden hair. We’re having a lot of fun pairing Flynn, who’s seen it all, with Rapunzel, who’s been locked away in a tower for 18 years. I’m so proud of the crew working on this film – they’re doing a fantastic job creating an awesome story with great characters and a stunning world – and it’s all going to look amazing in 3D. All of us here at the studio are incredibly excited for you to see Tangled when it comes out in theaters this November.” "It was important to me that YOU guys -- the Disney fans -- hear it first, Tangled is a really fresh, smart take on the Rapunzel story."

Loosely based on the Grimm Brother's tale, Rapunzel is voiced by singer and actress Mandy Moore.

Flynn Rider is played by Zachary Levi while original music is in the safe hands of Alan Menken ("The Little Mermarid", "Aladdin","Beauty and the Beast", "Pocahontas"). Song lyrics are by Glenn Slater.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Uh. Tangled is a stupid name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back