• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tangled

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kago

The film will be made in CGI, though Rapunzel will resemble traditional oil paintings on canvas (gives it a 2D touch)

The story is based on the classic German fairy tale Rapunzel by the Brothers Grimm.

Insperation for the movie: The Swing

Concept art of Rapunzel:
Title
Title 2
Rapunzel portrait
Rapunzels tower
Climbing the tower
Video of other concept art

Animation:
Short animated scene
Animation of title 2

Cast:
Rapunzel – Mandy Moore
Flynn Ryder – Zachary Levi
Madame Gothel – Donna Murphy

--------------------------

Rapunzel looks like Ariel with blonde hair. Everything about her just screams Ariel, i bet anything that she was based off of her. Other then that, i do think that since she's a princess, the movie should of been 2D. But i still think i will like this movie.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Re: Walt Disney's Rapunzel

I can't wait to add Rapunzel and Tiana to the princess list.
I'm glad Disney seems to be going back to it's roots by doing classic stories.

And, there's a villain and everything. Really excited.

kago

I can't wait to add Rapunzel and Tiana to the princess list.
I'm glad Disney seems to be going back to it's roots by doing classic stories.

And, there's a villain and everything. Really excited.

Me too, i think people of Disney finally realized what made them so great.

New2Ya

I'm lost...

Insperation for the movie: The Swing
LMAO!!

I dont know if this is appropriate, but I'm gonna tell you anyways, because it's extremely amusing, knowing that it's Disney who decided to base a children movie on this painting.

Most people don't know this, but The Swing was one of the first EROTIC paintings. You might not notice it right away, but the guy's stiff arm is supposed to be an erect penis, whereas the open dress opening is supposed to be the vagina. The man's genetile is reaching towards the woman's genetile, and she's kicking her shoo off, showing she's no virgin anymore, or something along those lines.

I had art class, you see. :tongue:

Either way, it's not what I'm used of Disney. xD

I like the fact they're going back to their roots, but I'm especially happy that Alan Menken will compose part of the soundtrack. All his Disney movie music has been... well... breathtaking. The only reason why I even watch parts of most movies, because his music is inspiring.

Last edited:

kago

LMAO!!

I dont know if this is appropriate, but I'm gonna tell you anyways, because it's extremely amusing, knowing that it's Disney who decided to base a children movie on this painting.

Most people don't know this, but The Swing was one of the first EROTIC paintings. You might not notice it right away, but the guy's stiff arm is supposed to be an erect penis, whereas the open dress opening is supposed to be the vagina. The man's genetile is reaching towards the woman's genetile, and she's kicking her shoo off, showing she's no virgin anymore, or something along those lines.

I had art class, you see. :tongue:

Either way, it's not what I'm used of Disney. xD

I like the fact they're going back to their roots, but I'm especially happy that Alan Menken will compose part of the soundtrack. All his Disney movie music has been... well... breathtaking. The only reason why I even watch parts of most movies, because his music is inspiring.

Lol! So is that why the angels look like they're blushing and have omg faces? lol!
I'm pretty sure they were inspired by the beauty and detail of it. I'm suprised i didn't learn about the painting in my art history class.

kago

When do you think the movie's going to come out? This one looks quite interesting. =]

It's coming out in 2011, that's all that's been said so far.

Super glad Disney's starting to go back to their old ways.

Same here, if they weren't going to do it, i would do it myself.
Me: Finally i work for Disney, and now we're going back to the good old classics, wether you like it or not!

kago

Just a little tid-bit about the movie
-------------------------------------------------------

From the latest online buzz it appears that Disney's next animated classic after The Princess And The Frog will go into final animation in the last months of 2009.
Rapunzel is going to be a musical, made in CGI(3D), but with hand drawn animation and production will take place in a fairly short time, as it happened with Bolt. Still attached as executive producer we find Glen Keane.

Disney Consumer Products(DCP) announced that two new princesses will be officially added to the "Disney Princess" franchise, a favourite for small girls worldwide.
Coming up Disney's royal court prepares for incremental growth as it celebrates the homecoming of two new characters and the release of two classics from its vault: beginning this holiday with its newest princess in more than 10 years, Princess Tiana from Walt Disney Animation Studios The Princess and the Frog releasing this November with an incredible assortment of merchandise. Also this fall, families will fall in love all over again with "the one that started it all," Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as the film is released from the Disney Vault in high-definition Blu-ray™ for the first time ever.

Then in 2010, the fairytale continues as Disney releases Rapunzel theatrically adding its second new Princess character to the Disney Princess franchise and complementing this new Princess story with a classic one as Beauty And The Beast is planned for re-release from the Disney Vault.

This bookend strategy to introduce new Disney Princess fairytales in conjunction with re-releasing classic ones for a new generation is expected to enable licensees and retailers alike to grow their Disney Princess programs globally.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards

Why is Disney making EVERYTHING digital now o_O

i think its because they think that 3d is a formula for a box office hit like pixar movies. i think that its not 3d that made pixar a success, its there stories period.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Rapunzel should be hand-drawn, IMO.
But... I like the art for it, so far.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

concept art

PHHIDHHOxpgLLO_m.jpg

PH9KL99hrFutce_m.jpg

i honestly wish disney would revert to drawing everything by hand.

kago

Thanks for the pictures Home bound, but i already posted those pictures in the link.

i honestly wish disney would revert to drawing everything by hand.

I was wishing for hand drawn animation for this movie too. But i've grown to liking the direction Disney is going with this movie. I like how they are mixing 3D and 2D together.

Shuri

Disney Consumer Products(DCP) announced that two new princesses will be officially added to the "Disney Princess" franchise, a favourite for small girls worldwide.
Small girls? Are you kidding? I was a bigger fan of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast than any of the girls I knew when I was a young boy. I actually find that statement offensive, after all the time and energy I spent watching Sleeping Beauty over and over and over again when I was, like, seven. Disney's catering to the wrong fan base. They need to be focusing on the little gay boys who really support their Princess titles.

That aside, this actually looks like it might be a nice movie. I'm a bit disappointed it isn't being hand drawn, but the animation looks pretty spiffy from the clip. It's got the traditional Disney Princess set-up; and Rapunzel really does look like a blond Ariel. Any word on whether it's going to be a musical or not?

Shuri/Eli

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata

Just a little tid-bit about the movie
-------------------------------------------------------

From the latest online buzz it appears that Disney's next animated classic after The Princess And The Frog will go into final animation in the last months of 2009.
Rapunzel is going to be a musical, made in CGI(3D), but with hand drawn animation and production will take place in a fairly short time, as it happened with Bolt. Still attached as executive producer we find Glen Keane.

There you go, Shuri. :]

And I'm a disney fangirl so of course I'm gonna go see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back