• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tangled

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kago

Re: Tangled (Disney's Rapunzel)

French poster
poster_raiponce_001.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Mandy Moore? I couldn't say yes to this any faster. Idk why this would ruin anybody's movie experience. I think she is good at voice acting. (I mean, she IS better than Mena Suvari.)

The villain being announced as the best villain Disney has created is a pretty big thing to say. She already looks amazing. :D

Relix

A traveler
Awards

That's the villain? Hmmmmm...I think I'll watch this.

blackberi

I just watched this movie today and it was really good. It took a lot of good things from the older, classic Disney films, and it was really enjoyable. Flynn and Rapunzel were great characters as well.

Music was also enjoyable, I was surprised. Although Alan Menken was behind it all so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised because he's amazing. xD;;
Anyway, everyone who hasn't seen this should, it was great. Took a classic tale and gave it a great Disney twist.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

The ending... I won't go into it, but that ending was... AMAZING.

Seriously.. everything from that not very triumphant Flynn attacking the guards onwards. He KNEW he would only get a few moments and all he wanted was to know where Rapunzel was. You just... your heart breaks

blackberi

The ending... I won't go into it, but that ending was... AMAZING.

Seriously.. everything from that not very triumphant Flynn attacking the guards onwards. He KNEW he would only get a few moments and all he wanted was to know where Rapunzel was. You just... your heart breaks

This. ;A;
I love Flynn too much.
And they were such a sweet couple.

madammina

SUCH a sweet couple. I'm not sure if I like Tiana/Naveen or Rapunzel/Flynn more though...

blackberi

SUCH a sweet couple. I'm not sure if I like Tiana/Naveen or Rapunzel/Flynn more though...

Hmm... you're right. XD;; I wanna say Tiana/Naveen because the almost-proposal scene was SO adorable and sweet and GUH.
But... the lantern scene in Tangled where they held hands for the first time and almost kissed was so romantic, and the song was amazing... ;A; I DUNNO, I'M TORN.

I love both couples too much. <3

madammina

one thing I noticed is Flynn/Rapuzel had no in movie shippers.

Tiana/Naveen had alot.

blackberi

That's true... although Rapunzel's parents seemed to accept him pretty quickly. xD;;
I kind of liked that there weren't any, made their relationship less-forced and more romantic and spontaneous.

madammina

It did.

But what is with death and love lately? Ray- in love with Evangeline- dies defending Tiana. Flynn dies defending Rapunzel. That being said, the tears were in the original tale

blackberi

So true! Kind of reminded me of Hercules, with what happened to Meg.
Omg though... Ray. T_T

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It did.

But what is with death and love lately? Ray- in love with Evangeline- dies defending Tiana. Flynn dies defending Rapunzel. That being said, the tears were in the original tale

The one spoiler I decide to look at of Tangled and it ends up being the biggest spoiler ever. /headdesk

Luckily I know better and that Rapunzel's tears are magical!

Either Disney is teaching this morbid lesson that love is not without sacrifices, or it makes everything just a lot sadder and more sentimental.

madammina

To be fair, if you remember a line in the beginning it's not a spoiler at all. I think it may even be the first line

Awards

What is going on with this film?
I was extremely hyped when I heard that they were making a Rapunzel movie, and then seeing the concept art. Then when the first trailer came out, and I heard about how they were whoring it out to appease the masses, I lost all interest.

But now all I'm seeing is... pretty damn good reviews.
Did I get the wrong impression?

madammina

Yes, you did. They had to sell it as something other then a musical so people would come to see it.

It's VERY good, and not like the previews at all. In fact, the teaser trailer scene doesn't exist in the film!

blackberi

What is going on with this film?
I was extremely hyped when I heard that they were making a Rapunzel movie, and then seeing the concept art. Then when the first trailer came out, and I heard about how they were whoring it out to appease the masses, I lost all interest.

But now all I'm seeing is... pretty damn good reviews.
Did I get the wrong impression?
Ugh, the trailers were pretty awful. I actually didn't want to see it at all, until I looked up some of the songs on youtube and was convinced to see it. It was amazing, don't believe the crappy trailers. C:

madammina

I was sold on their viral vids.

And I like Zachary Levi. And despite being a celebrity VA, he did a pretty good job!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yes, you did. They had to sell it as something other then a musical so people would come to see it.

It's VERY good, and not like the previews at all. In fact, the teaser trailer scene doesn't exist in the film!

Teaser trailer scene?

OMG TANGLED IS A MUSICAL? -should have realized it considering Mandy Moore is in it-

madammina

Okay, some of that was in the end part of the film.

Oh, just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back