• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Tangled: The Animated Series - TV Movie coming March 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eugene-and-Rapunzel-in-Disney-Jrs-Tangled-Series.jpeg

This is a very awesome surprise, even to us: in 2017 a new animated series based on Disney’s phenomenally popular animated film Tangled will debut on the Disney Channel in 2017. Get your frying pans and flying lanterns and smart aleck-y chameleons ready.

Now, animated series based on Disney animated films aren’t exactly a new phenomenon, with everything from Hercules to 101 Dalmatians getting turned into episodic television. The biggest feature-to-television-series conversion was the syndicated Aladdin TV series, which ran for 86 episodes and included three additional movies. Most recently Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs got the small screen spin-off treatment with The 7D and starting this fall The Lion Guard, which focuses on Simba’s son, will make its official rollout, first as a television movie in November and then at the beginning of next year as a TV series (both will air on Disney Junior).

But what makes the Tangled series so special is the amount of talent that they’ve retained from the original feature film. This new series will feature Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi reprising their roles of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider (nee Eugene) from the movie and showcase new songs from Academy Award-winning composer Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater, who were responsible for all of those catchy tunes in the original film. Clare Keane, daughter of Disney Legend Glen Keane (who at one point was the director on a very different version of the film and who later served as an animation supervisor), consulted on the film. They’re really getting the band back together. This is roughly the equivalent of snagging Robin Williams for the Aladdin television series.

Additional characters from the feature that will make the leap to episodic television include Rapunzel’s chameleon sidekick Pascal, the uppity horse Maximus, the thugs from the Snuggly Duckling Pub and a brand new character: Cassandra, described as “a tough-as-nails handmaiden, who becomes Rapunzel’s confidant.” We’re sold.

In terms of timing, the series takes place in between the events of the feature film and the start of the utterly charming 2012 short film Tangled Ever After. Apparently there were a lot of adventures that Rapunzel and Eugene got into in the time in-between. We don’t have any details on what the animation style will be but based on the promotional artwork, Tangled fans will be very, very happy.

What Makes the Tangled Animated Series So Special | Disney Insider

WOW

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Tangled: The Animated Series - Coming 2017

Gonna definitely give it a chance.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I never thought I'd actually see Disney revive Tangled, but omg am I excitebike. This is something I can get behind 100%.

Also, if that picture is the type of animation style they are gonna use, I'm also game for that.

Alpha Sonix

Tangled in KH3 confirmed! Okay, I'm just getting my hopes up here but Tangled is my favorite recent Disney movie so I'm definitely in.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I might give it a try, since Tangled is still my favorite Disney movie.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Please dear god don't suck

Why is Rapunzel's hair long again? It was cut at the end of the movie

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well...they have almost all of the original cast and crew working on it. I would hope they could manage the same magic they pulled with the film.

That image isn't representative of the show. It's their concept art, but they are still working on the visual style of the show. Consider this just promotional material.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

It's probably just for the concept/promotional art since she's more well known with the blonde hair.

Edit: Aaaaand Ethy ninja'd.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Well I love Tangled, Zachary Levi is my man crush too so glad he's back. I'm in.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Unexpected and exciting! I hope the animation will look just like the concept art there. It's very nice.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Not a Tangled fan, but I'll definitely see the first few episodes at least.

Anagram

Banned

But this begs the question....

I+liked+swtor+i+mean+_92492e13d2ae1737ebb87e5d9481d176.png
Why isn't this a new season of Tron Uprising?

Anagram

Banned

Because Disney realizes what is actually a successful franchise...

... I'm sorry.
And one movie alone isn't a franchise. Not much of an argument given Disney didn't give it time to do better. Just because the movie did doesn't mean this series will either given how they handle their shit anymore.

Last edited:

Alpha Sonix

And one movie alone isn't a franchise. Not much of an argument given Disney didn't give it time to do better. Just because the movie did doesn't mean this series will either given how they handle their shit anymore.

Of course there's no guarantee, but there's certainly a higher probability that something like Tangled is a lot more likely to reach a wider audience than Tron is. From a business standpoint, it's safer and I'd argue a lot more marketable than Tron.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I enjoyed the movie so I'll give this a go. It should be good especially if they're getting the voice actors back.

Also, I had no idea about the dwarves and Lion King shows...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

[video=youtube;Fuu_QqCOq6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuu_QqCOq6o[/video]

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Tangled: The Animated Series - Trailer, Coming 2017