• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Talking vs texting...what do you like better?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Let's kick some butt!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
The tittle says it all. What do you like better? What do you feel most comfortable with?
and why?
Vote and give your opinion on the matter. For further info. I prefer talking.

PS: Talking= talking over the phone
texting= texting with a cellphone
......Just in case.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Talking, infinitely more. There are more subtleties that you pick up in this sort of human interaction, it's easier to pick out truth and lies, and it's just more.

Of course that's all opinion, I can see why "texting" could be applied to some of my statements and implications.

tangerine

Awards
I prefer talking because I like hearing the voices of the people that I care about. I sometimes babble incoherently or say things that I know are wrong and I feel stupid afterward, though, and because of that I prefer having discussions in text form, be it over the cell phone or otherwise.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
I prefer talking because I like hearing the voices of the people that I care about. I sometimes babble incoherently or say things that I know are wrong and I feel stupid afterward, though, and because of that I prefer having discussions in text form, be it over the cell phone or otherwise.
I'm confused. What do you like better then? If u had to pick one, wich would it be?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Depends completely on the convo. I really don't want to call for some things that would only equate to a phone call lasting about a couple of seconds. And then there's the announcements you wanna make to a bunch of people; for example, I scored a 100 on my political science test last week and wanted to tell my parents, a couple of friends, and a few aunts. So I sent it as a mass text instead of calling everyone.

But when I'm talking to a special female friend, or just having a general personal conversation, talking it is. When I want to talk to my parents just to let them know how I'm doing or maybe wish a family member a happy birthday, a phone call just seems much more genuine.

So I can't pick either way. =/

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I prefer talking because I really suck with cellphone keys. And also, talking is just better. And also, I no longer own a functioning cellphone.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Talking because I'm old-fashioned like that. Text when I feel like it, that sort of thing. Even then, I'd personally prefer sitting down in person and talking, due to body language being lost in both talking on the phone and texting, ergo, lies and deceit are harder to catch without body language.

And I make a lot of hand gestures, but that's just me.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I don't have texting so I can only talk but I never call people because I hate my voice. If I had texting then I'd be on that all the time.

Decade

I'm personally someone who enjoys hearing the persons voice.
So get this, on wednesday I saw one of my friends at the park. I ask them if they want to hang out with on wednesday, since I'm interested(ya dig?), and they said yes.
I took that as the confirmation, the yes meant it was happening.
Wednesday comes along, talk to that person in the hallway and they say that I never "texted" them about it, that we never made "plans."
The whole times I'm thinking "WTF?"
I mean how hard is it to just say "No I don't feel like it" really?
And then oh yeah they go and hang out with another person, I was ready to give up playing Black Ops(bought it on wednesday too) to hang out with this person! I was going to make them a commitment, but no.
Forget em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back