• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Talking Issues. Help please...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Okay, lately my Mom's been nagging me about how I never talk and how I'm an antisocial depressed girl. Let me clear this up with some things she never notices; I'm constantly chatting with my sister, be it nonsensical or otherwise; Whenever I'm outside I do my best to socialize with the kids considering I'm the only teen in my entire neighborhood who actually goes out; I can even hold a conversation with adults on big matters and in some cases, warp their minds towards a thought that they never even touch upon normally.

Even online, I socialize with people. Like what I'm doing right now telling you this stuff.

Why am I complaining about such a small issue? Because my mother always calls up my Father who's off in Iraq on this subject. I admit, my daily conversation with her consists of "Goodmorning" "How's the *Insert videogame she's playing*?" "Goodnight."

This ticks me off because instead of having a pleasant "I miss you and what're you doing today?" chat with my dad, she gets him riled up to where he has to ream me over my social life and I can't do anything but just sit there and listen.

I just need some suggestions on how I can fix this. I wanna do something, but I just don't know what to do or how I can say it without ticking off my overly sensitive mother. I'm afraid that if this does keep up, I will end up with some very big family issues as an adult and keep in mind I'm only 14, so I can't really do anything big with them.

HeartOfTheHero

that's a tough one....
my suggestion would be to maybe try to talk to your mom a little bit more, like just tell her a few little things about what's happened during your day. if that doesn't help, then maybe you could gently bring up some of the points that you just mentioned, how you do talk to people, but maybe she just doesn't realize that.
i've had some similar issues with some of my family members, they all think i'm anti-social. usually i just ignore them, but then again, they're not my parents.
i hope you get everything straightened out

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
That's so weird. I'm the same exact way, except my dad isn't in Iraq. (sorry about that, btw)

I do the same exact thing with the sociality and such. My mom will call up my dad and complain, yadda yadda yadda.

But back on subject, what I do probably isn't in your best interest. I tell my dad to not answer the phone if the caller ID says her name. He doesn't want to answer it without me saying. But you probably won't want to do that. What you should do is call up your dad and just talk. Just talk about anything. Tell him about school and have some bonding time, yunno? Prove to him that you aren't as anti-social as he thinks. Invite a friend or two over your house and talk A LOT so your mom will notice how sociable you're being.

Hope it helps! ^^

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
You live on a military base and I'm sure you don't like it. She's contradicting herself to fuck, seriously. You wanted to go to a school, and she forces you to stay at home and do online school, immediately destroying your social life as much as something like that can, and then you have all the extra study and homework set. And she's bitching at you because you're not sociable? She sounds like she's making a nuisance of herself. Your dad is over in Iraq, and he's busy, and he doesn't need your mother phoning him up because of something she's the central cause of. Tell her she needs to realise that being essentially home-schooled fucks your social life in the ass. And even then. Hello? You're studying. Of course you can't spend time gossiping with her about the latest knitting patterns in fashion. Sorry, but if she were my mother, I'd have slapped her a long time ago.

Tenyas

Thankies for the replies so far.

The whole 'don't answer this number' would be a problem since this is the only number he can call to us from but thanks anyway.

I always sneak in what I did in the neighborhood to my mom when I see her, I guess she's just too busy on EVE to notice. I'll keep trying though.

EDIT: That's what I've been thinking Sol. Confusing as heck with her at times.

Sexy Angel
I would take a picture of your arm and post it to see how many times you actually go outside.

Be more social by GETTING OF THE COMPUTER.

Tenyas

Whenever I'm outside I do my best to socialize with the kids considering I'm the only teen in my entire neighborhood who actually goes out
I do get off. When I'm on here I'm also doing schoolwork, and when I get off, I head outside. Problem is my Mother doesn't notice this.

dark shadow girl

On a island drifting off into the great deep empty
Website
www.myspace.com
I understand your pain. I was homeschooled and my mom was weird about it cause I
didn't have a normal childhood as she would say but I really don't care, it kept me out
of all the other things. Like drugs, and drinking, and getting pregnant at twelve like
someone I know. I am not really suggesting that you tell that to your mother that maybe
it is better for you to be this way, I mean you chat on the computer a lot that is normal
for people in general and that does not make you anti social if anything it expands your
horizons and your mother is obviously under a lot of stress and sounds like a complete
worry wart but she might be afraid that maybe certain things have... idk... traumatized
you cause that was how my mom was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back