• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Thread | Tales of Zestiria the X, Berseria PV5, Vesperia Definitive Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now! | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

Also the school uniforms are perfect, too.

wwtmmdmtjigxqjg0qtt1.jpg
I don't believe this, so Dezel actually has EYES? Which are slyly covered up by sunglasses...

I would totally buy it but their swimsuit dlc is almost £6. I don't recall previous Tales dlc being this pricy. Not to mention the price of some of the other dlc, like the adventure items pack which is £16.

Blazingblue

Banned

Okay I am 2 hours on the game and I have to admit this has been very entertaining so far! I love the characters and world so far and gameplay is loads of fun! I am thinking about buying the swimsuit outfits.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Played more today. I'm pretty much in love with Sorey and Mikleo. Alisha is so serious and that makes her hilarious.

I'm getting the hang of the skill system...I just hate fusing and losing a great skill just to unlock a new one I haven't gotten yet.

I don't believe this, so Dezel actually has EYES? Which are slyly covered up by sunglasses...

If they aren't visible, they don't exist!

I would totally buy it but their swimsuit dlc is almost £6. I don't recall previous Tales dlc being this pricy. Not to mention the price of some of the other dlc, like the adventure items pack which is £16.

I think Xillia's DLC was a bit more expensive because you had to buy them individually if I am not mistaken and each costume was $2 for NA. And Graces f stuff was more expensive depending on what you were buying. It'd range from $2-4 dollars per costume. Not sure what they are in pounds but I imagine it would be a similar price range.

Okay I am 2 hours on the game and I have to admit this has been very entertaining so far! I love the characters and world so far and gameplay is loads of fun! I am thinking about buying the swimsuit outfits.

Awesome

yep..I mean props to them for being able to lisence it and all but....sigh, i'll probably buy them anyways just to support them I always do buy even the ugly costume dlc every game , like a few of the sports ones for xillia1 were bad especially judes football one haha

See, I draw the line at ugly DLC. I'll buy all of the cute stuff but I can't support the Rebuild of Eva stuff unless the music attached to the costumes are good.

Blazingblue

Banned

There is one complaint that I have to give and that is when you grow levels your HP doesn't increase, is there away to increase HP?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

There is one complaint that I have to give and that is when you grow levels your HP doesn't increase, is there away to increase HP?
I'll try and help you out but I apologise if I get anything wrong or if there are better ways, this is just what I've found so far.

There are three different ways that I've discovered, but the main way is to collect the different kind of orbs. You'll get those orbs after you've either killed a boss or a huge monster with a purple aura, there's usually one in each field and it's a lot higher than your level. It's not unbeatable though since all you need is good gear and patience.

Another way which isn't as effective is to collect herbs, I think it's sage that helps. It'll increase your HP by a little but if you have the remedy production support action, then your party might make a few more of it. There's a lot of sage I've found though.

The last way is in your skill tree. It won't be permanent however, as you'll constantly be switching out your equipment but it's a great help. You need a g-union (everything in one column) in HP (the H, third column) which I've found to be hard to get in the beginning. A g-union in HP will get you HP + 20% along with loads of skills that helps you to regain health during battle. You can also get a g-union in the battle abilities column, which is the second one but all it does is regain your HP every time you evade. I haven't found any HP increase with stacks or e-unions so far, from what I've seen they mainly reduce damage and other things like that.

Blazingblue

Banned

I'll try and help you out but I apologise if I get anything wrong or if there are better ways, this is just what I've found so far.

There are three different ways that I've discovered, but the main way is to collect the different kind of orbs. You'll get those orbs after you've either killed a boss or a huge monster with a purple aura, there's usually one in each field and it's a lot higher than your level. It's not unbeatable though since all you need is good gear and patience.

Another way which isn't as effective is to collect herbs, I think it's sage that helps. It'll increase your HP by a little but if you have the remedy production support action, then your party might make a few more of it. There's a lot of sage I've found though.

The last way is in your skill tree. It won't be permanent however, as you'll constantly be switching out your equipment but it's a great help. You need a g-union (everything in one column) in HP (the H, third column) which I've found to be hard to get in the beginning. A g-union in HP will get you HP + 20% along with loads of skills that helps you to regain health during battle. You can also get a g-union in the battle abilities column, which is the second one but all it does is regain your HP every time you evade. I haven't found any HP increase with stacks or e-unions so far, from what I've seen they mainly reduce damage and other things like that.

So it's okay to have lower hp? As long as it's not important I'm okay with it. But thanks a bunch!

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Finally beat Tales of Xillia 2. That game is pretty cool. diddlying awesome!

I didn't have much time to play Zestiria, fought about two fights then reached a save point and turned off. Feels pretty good so far though.

That walk animation though...

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

This game is easily becoming a favorite of mine, and will definitely be in my top games of 2015 if it continues. I just finished the the war incident with Mufasa, and I'm now with Rose (who was so obviously the assassin) and wondering where tf my team went. Also, I died when Alisha said she was staying behind in Marlind, and then got further upset when she was detained. I have grown so attached to majority of this cast.

Play style wise, however, I really only dig Sorey and Edna. Alisha's good but pretty heavy, Lailah is way too close combat focused for my tastes, and Mikleo just feels like Sorey but not as fast. Not hating on 'em, just not my playstyles. I like quick characters, and Sorey and Edna both have this aspect. Plus, Edna's OP gravity spell tho.

That walk animation though...

I was streaming the game, and a few of the people in chat noticed it when I pointed it out. How is it that everything in the game looks fine except the walking animation? Lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think the walk animation was the one thing they didn't mo-cap, which is why it is the most unnatural animation in the game.

I've put Zestiria on hold while I finish Steins;Gate but God damn it Alisha you didn't have to stay behind! I can see why Japanese fans were so upset.

Noel

Awards

What did the cat in the bird mask say? Me-Owl!

Oh god, this game is my game of the year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So the plot has become a mess and I'm not sure what is happening anymore so I'm just letting myself concentrate on the character interactions rather than the plot.

Also I ran into Heldalf in a random field and I'm tempted to try and beat him to get the alternate ending that is bullshit, apparently 8D

I love this game regardless of the confusing 2nd and 3rd act, though.

I sure hope the temples of earth and air aren't as annoying as the water temple.

If you survived the water temple, you can handle those.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

So the plot has become a mess and I'm not sure what is happening anymore so I'm just letting myself concentrate on the character interactions rather than the plot.

Sounds suspiciously like a Tales of game.

That said, I've been able to keep up with the story pretty well so far. I'm sure things will get crazy later on though.

As far as combat goes, I think Zestiria's characters are some of my favorite. This is the only game in the series where I have set artes on every character because I switch between them so frequently.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

I almost gave up with Zestiria because I'm taking so long to finish it. After doing the trials I was incredibly lost and bored... Now I'm almost 50 hours in and I've only just hit the end and it's starting to get interesting again. Maybe I'm just bitter because they took Dezel away from me T_T

I sure hope the temples of earth and air aren't as annoying as the water temple.
The air temple is LOOOONG as hell but not as bad as the water temple. Even with quick save the water temple is still annoying. I just love walking into rooms and being sent back to the entrance haha

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

God Eater and Evangelion DLC is out. God Eater DLC is free while he Evangelion DLC is $9.99 (or $2.99 per outfit) and what a load of BS that is 8D so I'm not buying it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

[video=youtube;Nw0iCYEavcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw0iCYEavcU[/video]

It looks like the world of Zestiria...and the enemies look like they are Hellions...

It looks interesting, though. The blond knight and the samurai guy both peak my interests, and Velvet is just badass.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Can't wait. Will get Zestria soon and have Alisha's story installed on my PS3.

Waiting for the Zesteria anime, will watching it in honor of one of VAs passed away this year. Lailah's

Happyfunshineman

Awards

[video=youtube;Nw0iCYEavcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw0iCYEavcU[/video]

It looks like the world of Zestiria...and the enemies look like they are Hellions...

It looks interesting, though. The blond knight and the samurai guy both peak my interests, and Velvet is just badass.

Holy shit, 60 fps. Thank you Edge Master Velvet. I will now contemplate on who is best boy.

edit: By the way I beat Zestiria and thought it was great. Don't really see why people think it falls flat in the third act. That Alisha dlc is strait up TRASH though. So boring....

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

We're getting another collection from Bandai Namco in Europe:

tales-of-xillia-collection-ps3-mock-box-320x320.jpg

In case people missed it, we previously got a collection of Graces f and Symphonia Chronicles and another one with Tekken 6, TTT2 and SoulCalibur V on the same disc. They only cost around €19 each, so it's a great investment for people who missed out on these games the first time around.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

So I've heard some great things on these Tales of games. What's their thing and how are they related? Since it seems to be like Final Fantasy in how each installment is by a different name but sequels in that universe have the same title with the next number, like the collection photo above. And is it turn based or real time? I remember seeing some are real time but not sure if that's in every title.

Back