• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3) - Coming 2014?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Recently in Japan, Namco held it's usual Tales of Festival. And, much like last year's event, there was a rather surprising announcement. Last year revealed Tales of Xillia 2.

This year? Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack, an HD collection of the original Tales of Symphonia along with the Wii sequel, Dawn of the New World (or Knight of Ratatosk, if you prefer that subtitle).

Tales-of-Symphonia-Unisonant-Pack-Logo-2.jpg

But Mirby, you say. The thread name said "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles" not "Unisonant Pack" or whatever that is, you point out.

Simple explanation there. They're already planning on localizing it, with a working title of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. Shortly after the announcement at the festival, Namco Bandai's European YT channel posted a video which shows series producer Hideo Baba saying how much he wants this to be localized, and says to expect it early next year if it is to be released outside of Japan. The game will release in Japan on October 10 for 6,980 yen.

Awards
Never played these two games, though I've heard good things about them. I also loved Vesperia, so I'll be getting this collection for sure.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Best gaming related news in a long time!

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
yay tales of rpg clichés is being remastered

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Never played these two games, though I've heard good things about them. I also loved Vesperia, so I'll be getting this collection for sure.

The first game is really good, but the sequel is pretty terrible.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The first game is really good, but the sequel is pretty terrible.
I rather enjoyed the sequel myself. In terms of plot, it actually fills in a few holes left by Symphonia, and makes the connection between Symphonia and Phantasia a lot stronger in the process. I played Phantasia (again) after beating Dawn of the New World and there were a lot of things that made more sense than things would if DotNW was never made.

Also there's something satisfying about raising a monster up to be the same type as an optional boss (or series of them, as it were) and just wrecking everything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tales of Symphonia was my favorite game on the GameCube so I'm happy to see it remastered. I will shamelessly buy and play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back