• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Arcadia (AU Supernatural RP) [Always Open]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

purgatory

Awards
Name: Blanca Del Isla
Species: Quadriga Diablos - A demon of mid-class, very rare, but prized for its most human-like features. Quadriga's are well respected for their transformation capabilities, size distortion, and their distinct possession of four beating hearts. Killing them is difficult, even by means of exorcising as all four hearts would need to cease function or be sealed simultaneously to bring them back to the abyssal plane of hell they spawned from. Most importantly is their means of birth is brought about by a manner of asexual-reproduction (see: cloning in powers section).

Faction: Cult of Lucifer

Weapons: Blanca is a very skilled-shield fighter. She carries with her three shields, usually depending on the situation which ones two use. Two smaller shields, slightly smaller than that of a manhole cover by about an two inches in diameter. She carries two of them, made of a light steel (zinc based) and forged in brimstone for its resistance to breaking by normal attacks using blunt force. These two smaller shields are more for the premise of attacking and reflexive defenses than to withstand against a clearly dangerous front. They are also designed with explicit aerodynamics that will allot return to the individual when thrown across a distances about eighteen meters.

Appearance: Because Blanca is capable of concurrent-transformations, there is no tangible or one set appearance he/she uses at any time.

Personality: Blanca is a mysterious demon, aside from have no significant gender and appears as both male and female due to the nature of the hearts inside him/her. At heart, Blanca is a killer and to no end will he/she stop in any instance when confronted with an obstactle to eliminate. Strong in terms of silence, and is usually for brief one-liners and quick responses. Talking is just another form of exposure at every end Blanca will do everything to restrict him/herself from doing. If captured, death is always the first option on Blanca's mind rather than revealing his/her intentions or who sent him/her.

Powers: Typical of the Quadriga Diablos, Blanca is a master of unholy transformation and size distortion, easily changing its features to that of any other demon, animal, human, or even that of an angel. It should be noted, these are merely cosmetic changes and in no way imbue anything additional beyond appearance. Standard to this is the nature of Blanca's four hearts, and killing him/her would also mean all four hearts were disposed of in any order. Upon being sent back to hell, these hearts naturally (like limbs and organs) are restored to their state prior to any affliction, though its more time-consuming compared to that of a normal demon's.

Blanca is capable of cloning him or herself down to the very hair on his/her head with no distinguishable details to give away the false shepeard when encountering another demon or hunter, an angel's holy eyes would be the exception to seeing through this deceitful tactic. Cloning is used as a tactic to give Blanca more man power, and a mini army at his disposal with which to use in raids, recon, and even something as menial as running errands. Blanca also has used cloning during many battles to enact quick-timed maneuvers and evasions, or as a means to launch himself to a higher or desired vantage point. Simultaneously, when a the Quadriga reaches a certain level of maturity, the cloning process becomes a permanent one in creating stable and independant clones almost identical to the host Quadriga (Blanca) as the next generation (offspring) to carry on. This process this manner of cloning is considered a form of asexual reproduction which will without question cause an untimely expiration of the parent passing on his/her genes to a much younger, fledgeling Quadriga. A Quadriga's third power will always vary and differ between offspring, but the first two are always concurring genes.

Finally, Blanca possess one final talent, that is individual to him/herself, control over smoke. The demon was born from the ashes of his/her dying mother and was imbued not only with the ability to transform, clone, but also to become, absorb, and manipulate smoke. This is expressed as very finite power, smoke is present from burning chemicals and agents, and where fires are to be found, you will find smoke for Blanca to use. An easy way to immobilize Blanca would be to submerge him/her in water, or to tread through a field of fog which has constant particles of water present which collect against his/her body, thus cooling it to suppress the potency of his/her smoke powers.

Bio:

Blanca's birth was never recorded, but in today's time it was ages ago. The parent of this Quadriga was, nearly identical in features and for the moments of breath the parent possessed, a name was provided. "My child. Blanca Del Isla. Live." where the only and final words that this demon, now named Blanca had ringing in it's ears. Uniquely, his parent was burning and being reduced to ashes, the heat of which resonated with the newborn Quadriga. Silence was something that just seemed to be apart of the demon and listening is what it continued to do for many decades. Possessing no true agenda or even a repugnant ambition as would be standard of any nefarious demonic being, it only appeared that Blanca knew only how to comply with direction.

Many demons have attempted and tried to take advantage of Blanca as well as break the quadriga's silence by playing head games. These fronts ended in failures, unnecessary complications, and blood on Blanca's hands. He began to wonder if idiocy was common among all species and breeds of demons; for their thug-like qualities only got them killed. The demon grew familiar with it's transformation abilities and used this natural talent to avoid being attacked, ambushed, and manipulated and stood to do the very same manipulation. This would be the only exception to breaking his silence when assuming another demon's persona and likeness from pure observation alone.

It is unclear as to how Blanca came to join the cult, but for the time being the quadriga has come to make better use of it's talents. Coming to both detest yet oddly admire the unruly nature of those it associated with.

Misc: [will be adding things here, but otherwise, it's complete]

Last edited:

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
Name: Oriel

Age: Oriel's age is currently unknown, though there are rumors that he has existed since the beginning of time. Whenever he is questioned about this, Oriel simply laughs and walks away, never giving an actual answer regarding the question.

Species: Angel

Faction: Angels. It's currently unknown how powerful Oriel is among the angels. As of current, Oriel makes it seem like he's just another foot soldier following orders.

Weapons: Sealed within another dimension, Oriel wields the holy sword Durandal. The sword itself contains magical energy that gives it much destructive power. The appearance of the sword is very odd, due to the fact that swords as large as it is aren't seen too often. The hilt and guard are both yellow, while the blade itself is a weird blue color, with a gold trim around the edge. The entire length of the sword is about seven feet long, which is bigger than Oriel himself, which is one of the main reasons he rarely uses the sword. The grip is about twenty inches long, while the blade is sixty four inches long, and has a width of nearly two feet. Weirdly enough, the reason why Oriel keeps the sword in another dimension is mainly because he doesn't want to carry around a tower of a sword.

Appearance: Oriel stands at a height of 6'7, with long blonde hair, the length going down just about his waist whenever he lets it down.
For the most part, Oriel keeps his hair down, and has his bangs covering his eyes slightly. His eyes are an emerald green color, and many people say that he has a tired, yet kind look upon him. Blonde scruff is located around his face, what it would look like a couple of days after just shaving. His skin is fair, not being too pale, nor being too dark. He weighs in at 220 lbs.

His body type is that of a fairly well build adult, with muscle noticeable on every part of his body. He hides a few scars in places, and the most noticeable one is a diagonal cut on his right pectoral. For Oriel's attire, he is usually seen wearing a dress clothing. It composes of a white dress shirt, with a gray vest over top. He usually wears a gray suit along with it, but sometimes can be seen without the coat. Whenever he has the coat on, it's usually buttoned. The color of his tie is black. His pants are gray, like pretty much everything else, and has his shirt tucked inside with, and a simple black belt around his waist to keep his pants from falling down around his ankles. A pair of black dress socks are comfortably placed on his feet, and he has a pair of black loafers on, which are surprisingly comfortable on him. On his hands, Oriel also wears a pair of black leather gloves.

Personality: Oriel can be described as someone who is somewhat difficult to get along with. He can be antagonistic, poking fun at those he just met, almost always causing a little bit of friction between him and his chosen victim. Those he targets are usually ones that make it easy for him, and once he's had his fun with them, he can be described as a pleasant person. Emotionally, Oriel can be distant, rarely forming attachments with others due to his own personal reasons. This doesn't mean he'll avoid people entirely. Usually, Oriel isn't the one to strike up conversation with others, unless he either knows the person, or if they're of great interest to him. Most of the time, if people want to talk to him, they can initiate the interaction. A lot of the time, Oriel may come off as uncaring, and seem like he doesn't give a damn about anything that's going on. This is actually due to the fact that when you get right down to it, he can be incredibly lazy. If he had his way, he would sleep and eat practically all day, and completely forgo his responsibilities. Despite this, he can be effective and efficient when it comes to completing the task at hand. Overall, his mood can be described as slightly upbeat, and he isn't very quick to anger.

Whenever faced with a dangerous situation, Oriel tends to remain completely calm, never showing any signs of nervousness or panic. He personally believes that if you waver in front of your foe, they'll take complete advantage of that, and before you know it, you'll lose. In battle, he tends to wait and see what his opponent does first, then coming up with a counter to their attacks. For the most part, he tends to avoid battle if it can be helped, as he feels the conflict could be solved by other means. This doesn't make him entirely against for fighting, for if he must, he'll gladly comply.

Powers: Oriel's power is being able to bend light at his will. He can turn light into a solid object right on the spot, and use it for any purpose he pleases. This can range things from being able to create a weapon, making a shield to repel oncoming attacks, and make a snare out of thin air to hold someone in place, etc. When creating the objects of light, Oriel can control it's property in any way he wants. He can heat the object, causing it to burn if anyone else ever touches it. Anything he creates from light can be detonated by him, causing an explosion of powerful magical energy, with the same effects of a bomb. Oriel's power is very versatile, as he's capable of doing many things with it at once. He can also hide himself in broad daylight, unable to be seen, and usually his presence his hidden by this, unless one is able to sense it. As a bonus with his powers, any construct of light that Oriel creates, he can instantaneously teleport to it, although it is limited to a short distance. His maximum range is limited to the size of a football field. As a large drawback Oriel's powers are severely at a disadvantage during the nighttime, and during bad weather conditions. If there isn't a source of light at all, Oriel's powers are rendered completely useless.

As well as his power to bend light, Oriel possesses superior strength, endurance, and reflexes. His strength isn't Superman level, but he is capable of wielding and swinging around Durandal with only one arm, despite is large size. His endurance allows him to sustain many severe wounds before it actually beginning to hinder his battle performance, and he has a high tolerance for pain. Oriel's reflexes are good enough that he is able to evade any attack that isn't faster than he is.

Bio: (I dunno, I'll probably add to this as I go along. Unless I forget.)

Misc: Oriel is usually always seen smoking a cigarette, and he has a great love for food.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Huh, relative to what?
He can form spell circles to bring forth various creatures from the material, astral and nether planes; being able to call even high ranking demonic entities to his cause with little effort

I enjoy the sorta.. pokes that the other RPers have made in regards of relative limitation, especially with the sense of hierarchy amongst similar creatures. To me it's interesting because they are forging their own little individual space within the establishment and whether they stick to it or break out is their decision, it's a cool feeling.

But like with this, it just sorta screams dominance and screwing the establishment. Which I am usually for but this doesn't rub well with me. The creative-freedom I granted was more in line with.. world-building, like coming up with your own race of creatures or a different interpretation of what an angel might look like. It wasn't an invitation to build gods (unless I approve). See, the whole astral/nether plane is a cool concept but you don't exactly expand on that, it's just a fog of vagueness draped over a snowbank of vagueness with a pinch of vagueness.

What does it entail?

Ghosts?

Cosmic beings?

A flying pineapple with a wise-cracking coconut partner?

I read that and I imagine eldritch creatures popping up like daisies and the thought, appropriately, makes me nauseous.

These creatures obey the commands that Hazen makes, as his ability to conjure such creatures also involve the form of banishment.

Man, I wish I could banish myself from writing this..

Ha...

It's a.. joke.. Sorry, moving on

Hazen can also affect himself in a like manner, thus being able to cast spells that bend his physical existence and teleport himself through the nether realm to appear in other areas. Hazen can also magically invoke magical items by verbally influencing their essences.

There's more than one spell for a teleport? I thought I was pretty straightforward, sorry it isn't too big of an issue just... confusing. What does magically invoking something entail? And verbally influencing their essence? I mean on a cosmological scale everything has... "essence" in a sense, I suppose, so are you referring to that? Because that's more on god-tier to just look at a magical item and be like, "Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight," and have it comply. Would it be able to affect, say, magic weapons that are under the control of another master? Or like Elyse's phoenix necklace? could you make something magical?

This isn't nitpicking (I suppose on a cosmic scale everything is nitpicking) this is just me being concerned with how something works. I get the concept of it but not the limitations and I don't need an essay describing a power's limitation, just like, "This does do, this doesn't do that, this MIGHT be able to do this."

But you're just saying, "There's this parallel realm to ours, well several actually not sure how many, and he can tap into them and do a few nondescript things like summoning monsters and messing with magical stuff. What's in the realm? What kinds of monsters? Well, I'll tell you-- look over there!"

Behind your clever words, you don't explain much, even his personality is vagueness by the power of vague.

Magic is the anchor point to many possible feats which include the control and fathoming of the forces of nature whether they be that of the physical nature, the psionic nature or the rarer spiritual nature of essences.

Wait, psionic is astral, right? My chart is getting a bit jumbled. And is spiritual the nether? Or some new element just thrown in? I would think spiritual would be astral but I'm not really sure. And why is it rare? How is it rare? Is it like Avatar spiritual or like K-ON! spiritual?

Hazen uses the physical nature to manipulate several properties than when combined give him access to cosmological manipulation.

So.. reality-warping, right? I mean it sounds like it to me WHICH if it is you'll refer to the rules it's automatically banned. I mean if it isn't you have a weird definition of cosmological manipulation. So that's already a no-no.

I was going to highlight some parts of that section but it all smells of reality-warping, etc, etc, which I already don't like. There are only three reality warpers in Arcadia not in the RP, so... yeah. Normally I'd try to hash it out with you, come to an agreement, or whatever normal people do, but I'm just gonna say this now. No reality-warping of any kind, paint it whatever color you want if it has an affect on reality and it involves warping it then it's a no-no. The fact that you didn't come to me all like, "Yo, yosh, I gots this power that might infringe on your rules, will it be okay?" already rubs me the wrong way.

Barring the fact that this is a skeleton temp (which I hate with every fiber that encompasses the universe) and barring the fact that you needed to be convinced to join my, apparently horrid, RP, I'm just gona say no.

How a half-demon can do all of this without parting a single hair on his pwetty little head baffles me to begin with.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
How is it you made an rp involving heaven and hell, angels and demons and have no idea what the astral plane or nether realm is?? I wasn't just sitting here and made two planes up because I was bored. The Nether Realm is Hell. Maybe you should research these types of things more or whatever. I'm merely using my knowledge of the given setting.

Browse this for further info. Basically everything in my template is there. I merely posted the unnerfed version of a grandiose demon sorcerer. I figured you'd wait for me to finalize it.

btw...Cosmological Manipulation "
Users can use powers that form the universe, such as spatial energy, dark matter, nuclear force, electromagnetism, gravity, matter. These forces that create the formation and foundation of the cosmos."

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Not to wrongly interject or anything, but I feel that you've completely missed the point that Wolfe was trying to make in saying that, through being so vague and using inconsistent terminologies, your character as a result seems poorly written. While it would have been understandable if your character was actually a deity [which would have already required you needing to speak with Wolfe about the details beforehand] you instead had a character labeled as a halfling, specifically half demon. With that in mind, that would mean that they would not even be close to having the abilities comparable to an omniscient diety. While having demon blood would make them stronger than most people, being half human would bring along the requirement that they are in fact in some way weaker than the average demon if we're thinking about this logically and going with most folklore regarding this. While halfling demons would have the advantage of likely being more resistant to what would kill most demons, they would also not be as strong as higher tier demons unless this is the son of Lucifer himself we're speaking of here [which, AGAIN, you'd likely need to discuss with Wolfe].

Overall I feel that you could, instead of being excessively defensive, understand the worries that the OP has stated and make adjustments accordingly rather than trying to defend the things that were pointed out as issues in your template.

Noel

Awards
Heh..Sorry for the delay Wolfe. You know writing a character is easily the most difficult thing for me. I'll have it done by tomorrow afternoon.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
blah blah

I'm fully aware of what is inside the template I posted. I've yet to add a bio or nerf Hazen for use in the rp. I certainly don't need you of all people talking to me about demonology and so on as Yosh mentioned we as rpers have differing opinions about angelic and demonic forces/entities.

I previously stated that Hazen was a work in progress and needed to be "nerfed/weakened/finished. I'm perfectly fine with doing that and specifying each category of any ability given. I feel that overall your opinionated statement doesn't mean shit to me, so Tenyas shut up and pay better attention to what is posted. I'm not being excessively defensive. King Wolfe didn't even get an argument from me...

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Orsa's Thumbnail;6136796 said:
How is it you made an rp involving heaven and hell, angels and demons and have no idea what the astral plane or nether realm is?? I wasn't just sitting here and made two planes up because I was bored. The Nether Realm is Hell. Maybe you should research these types of things more or whatever. I'm merely using my knowledge of the given setting.

Browse this for further info. Basically everything in my template is there. I merely posted the unnerfed version of a grandiose demon sorcerer. I figured you'd wait for me to finalize it.

btw...Cosmological Manipulation "
Users can use powers that form the universe, such as spatial energy, dark matter, nuclear force, electromagnetism, gravity, matter. These forces that create the formation and foundation of the cosmos."

No, I know what it is.

I'll just leave it at that.

I get your temp, I do. But it wasn't explained very well and being a w.i.p, imo, isn't a very good reason. If you were intending for no one to look at it with questions, don't post it up half-done? Like, I don't get w.i.p templates, either just do it or.. don't, I'd rather get something 100% than something half-done.

So, I get your temp, I just don't like how it is. And that sorta sass from your question just made me guffaw, and I didn't know I could do that.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Broad range manipulation isn't the same thing as being unexplained but I'll end it there as there is no need to continue.

Since I've been seeing the same recycled powers used by most of the site for ages I'll switch it up a bit and use Ty Dex as the "demon/nether-kind", then break it all down for yall. I also forgot to mention that Hazen is also an inverted frame for "what we discussed." Aether being a replacement for Nether.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Name - Mayuka Ashford

Age - 20

Species - Half-Angel Superhuman

Gender - Female

Faction - Hunters

Appearance - Mayuka stands at about 5’10 with fair healthy skin and often with a content disposition to her. She carries with her a fragrance that is flexible, becoming as familiar as a rainy morning or natural earth with a mix of wildflowers constantly shifting depending on place and mood. Little fondness to artificial means to shift her appearance with something like make-up, you will find no more than skin moisturizers on her. Prideful of her appearance but never to the point of boasting or obsessing, she finds her natural beauty best, and would encourage others to accept who they are.

For clothing Mayuka is oddly fond of somewhat modest long shirts and pants, even if her own body type is very generous. Her chest is modest yet rotund in shape, thankfully not being over-the-top and needing to be bound ridiculously closely to her chest, instead being enviable handfuls. With a soft build with less focus on excessive physical activity and moreso taking care of her body in food consumption and getting outside whenever possible, her body is incredibly soft to the touch and provides a pleasant sensation upon excessive rubbing. Complimenting her body is a slim stomach with prominent hips and an attention-grabbing heart-shaped bottom; considered by her friends as ‘endowed’, Mayuka has struggled with it to the point shorts are frequently out of the question.

With a hair of an azure blue, her ancestry had allowed silver to combine with it and thus make it a shade lighter than her siblings. It is kept short with two small raised ponytails at the back, bound by small red hair bands. Two small narrow bangs extend from the middle and part downward surprisingly evenly, stopping slightly below her chin. No matter how little she brushed it, it had managed to maintain its beautiful sheen in an oddly mystical way. Lastly, her eyes are a gorgeous shade of blue, matching the exact tone of her hair.

She is dressed commonly in a fairly thin long-sleeve blue shirt, basic dark blue jeans, and white sneakers. Her wardrobe can change at any time, given her natural gift as a mana user allows her to shift the temperature surrounding her and others if need be.

Personality - Born from a divine being descended from the heaven’s itself and a young Prince who had left his land in search of knowledge, it isn’t surprising that Mayuka is a soft-spoken and polite individual. Always considerate of others, her will has always held strong when it came to the greater good. She is not a chatterbox, but is capable of keeping a meaningful conversation going and has a way of keeping your focus on her, as she would keep hers on you. Naturally a good listener, trauma in her early teens had shown her the importance of telling someone about a predicament. It is because of how she suffered during that time that she is always willing to listen to a real problem from someone in a bad situation, and it not only gave her a stronger sense of reasoning, but also helped her realize that perhaps she couldn’t save everyone from themselves. That never meant she couldn’t try.

Beyond the sweet and well-mannered girl, she has an incredible appreciation for the natural world. She would often rather be outside during a storm than inside, because despite her mastery over elements Mayuka can still appreciate nature in its raw and untamed form. Whether the sky cries or the oceans are raging, she takes the time to listen, to observe, and to appreciate how mother nature is both beautiful and free at the same time. Disrespecting nature in front of her is treated as an act of rudeness and can permanently damage any relationship one hopes to build with her unless they show regret once they understand what it means to her. Without an understanding of how close she ties herself to the green of earth and the blue of the ocean and sky, you’ll find that understanding what she’s really all about will be difficult, leaving you at best an acquaintance of hers rather than a close friend. In short, if you don’t respect the ground you walk on, don’t expect her to respect you.

Holding strong pacifistic views, this doesn’t mean Mayuka is incapable of fighting. Having been taught a thing or two by her parents, much of her own fighting prowess had come from her own personal training and accepting a painful fact: Sometimes fighting is necessary to protect everything that can’t protect itself. Considered a strong defender of the innocent, Mayuka has earned the respect and praise of those she has surrounded herself with. After seeing her in a display of either pure control or reckless anger, people believe it to be the strongest part about her. People that truly understand her would know that that is false - her heart remains the strongest thing she could ever call on.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Miscellaneous -

- Is one of three siblings; two older brothers, middle is Aiden, eldest is Isaac.

- Is bisexual, has held a relationship with a woman, currently with a man.

- Classified as a 'World Destroyer' in Section III's database, a title few hold. Section III is a top-secret organization specializing in the abnormal, and more recently, the out-of-world outside of Elysium itself. Section III's top goal is the protection of Arcadia and Elysium as a whole.

-Though she wields all elements adeptly, her absolute favorite is water. She can hold her breathe for hours at a time underneath it.

- Is currently engaged.

Last edited:

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....this is a thing....and ima join the thing....because......Satan told me to....and then i said "no Satan what if they don't like me anymore?" and he just kinda laughed....and...and im getting off topic.
Wolfe ima make two characters. Expect them later because its late here and i feel like not typing out a template when my entire body is aching--and im off topic again. OTL

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....this is a thing....and ima join the thing....because......Satan told me to....and then i said "no Satan what if they don't like me anymore?" and he just kinda laughed....and...and im getting off topic.
Wolfe ima make two characters. Expect them later because its late here and i feel like not typing out a template when my entire body is aching--and im off topic again. OTL

Of course, take your time tho ^^

Oh and, chill with the ellipses, it kills my sensitive eyes :(

Oh and Mayuka is naturally accepted :3

The rules have been updated and expect the RP to start at the very least this weekend. No dates because I can't makepromises, but I'm going to try to start it this weekend :3

Also, please people, if there is something, anything, you want to do in regards of story, character, powers, whatever just message me. For anything, I'm open guys just bring it to me.

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Accepted! Sweet temp Wolfe!

D'aw, you :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back