• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Taking my GED test finally

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So, I'm 24 years old. I dropped out of high school. Things around the time of high school were very tough on my personal life. It was just so bad that I could not even focus on school. My grades were terrible and I just never wanted to go. I was extremely depressed for years, but that's another story.

Ever since then, things have been kinda crazy. I've moved around a lot, and I could never get settled anywhere, so I never had a chance to take my GED test. But, now I am on August 17th. But I'm not hopeful about it AT ALL. There's so much left for me to study, and I know that ever since they updated the test in 2014, it's much harder. The only thing I was ever good at in school was math, and I can't even remember most of it. I've been studying really hard and there's just so much left to go, and I have about 10 days left. I still have 2 whole subjects to cover. I just don't know what to do. I really wanna go to college and have a career, but I need this. Not having it has also made it hard for me to find a decent job.

I'm moving again at the end of the month, and I would just really like a fresh start, and passing this test would certainly be a good way to start over. I'm so terrified. :(

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So, I'm 24 years old. I dropped out of high school. Things around the time of high school were very tough on my personal life. It was just so bad that I could not even focus on school. My grades were terrible and I just never wanted to go. I was extremely depressed for years, but that's another story.

Ever since then, things have been kinda crazy. I've moved around a lot, and I could never get settled anywhere, so I never had a chance to take my GED test. But, now I am on August 17th. But I'm not hopeful about it AT ALL. There's so much left for me to study, and I know that ever since they updated the test in 2014, it's much harder. The only thing I was ever good at in school was math, and I can't even remember most of it. I've been studying really hard and there's just so much left to go, and I have about 10 days left. I still have 2 whole subjects to cover. I just don't know what to do. I really wanna go to college and have a career, but I need this. Not having it has also made it hard for me to find a decent job.

I'm moving again at the end of the month, and I would just really like a fresh start, and passing this test would certainly be a good way to start over. I'm so terrified. :(

I'm not quite sure if I could help with anything, but I just want to say good luck! I think you'll pass with flying colors :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'll do my best to help you out here. C:

1. Remember you can always skip a problem, if you don't know the answer and go back to it later. Given it's multi-choice and the answer will be within one of the few to select from.

2. Usually you can find the answer right away, if it's among the subjects of English, Science or Social Studies. Read the question first then look for the answer. So you might be winging it depending on what subject you're under.

3. The math is mostly Pre-Algebra. I'd suggest doing some of Khan Academy to conquer said subject. [I know it's mostly videos, but you'll learn it a lot faster from watching it and doing the problems with it. Plus it's free.]

Truth be told, I think you should've waited longer on taking the test, because you'd be more prepared by studying it a lot longer. You can also take the test more than once, but it may cost money depending on how your state does things. You have ten days, which you can try to learn as much as you can or possible try taking it at a later time instead; therefore not as much pressure. Remember, you've got time and college won't be going anywhere. I know what it's like to be in this boat. Take a deep breath and do the best you can. C:

And try to see if you can either buy the booklet off of amazon or your local library: http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hill-Education-Preparation-GED-Test/dp/0071847200/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438888095&sr=8-3&keywords=GED

EDIT: If you only have two subjects left, I think you can cover them both within a week or so. You just got to devote your evenings to doing both.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Remember to breathe and that it will be okay. Multiple friends of mine have taken the GED and walked out surprised how well they did, even with stress kicking their ass.

You'll do fine, just focus and take the time you need. Go over your answers if you can. Don't rush.

Awards
So I decided to split the test up. I took English and Science today. I passed English with honors and I passed Science!! I was so hopeless, especially with Science. I have Math and Social Studies next week. So cross your fingers :)

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
More than likely, you know more than you think you do. Take it seriously and you'll get through it. Science is one of the subjects where you can like in school but hate it during standardized testing.

Awards
More than likely, you know more than you think you do. Take it seriously and you'll get through it. Science is one of the subjects where you can like in school but hate it during standardized testing.

So I decided to split the test up. I took English and Science today. I passed English with honors and I passed Science!! I was so hopeless, especially with Science. I have Math and Social Studies next week. So cross your fingers :)

:p

Science was actually my worst subject and I totally thought i bombed it on the test because I ended up having to guess for a lot of answers. The study book that I used was very misleading because on its practice tests and study lessons, they made it seem a lot easier than it actually was on the test. But I guess the universe was with me today :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Congrats on passing the first two subjects with flying colors! :D I forgot people could do that with the G.E.D. exam. xD Best of luck with your Math and Social Studies tests next weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back