• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Take Riku (and the Cake) if you can!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blendedhearts

(sorry, forgot to look at the Second page. don't mind this post, unless there's nobody after me, in which case I'll fix it later.)

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
The Dead Skin was wandering around the ruins of Chemical Plant Zone. He called himself a "vagrant", in the loosest definition of the word.

- What a view... - said "Dead", as he looked at the old, degraded boss room - where the Water Eggman was fought by the legendary hedgehog Sonic. He was fond of abandoned places.

- I bet the Eggwalker must've been really worn out by that time.

The place was quite vandalized. The place was filled with graffiti, of every variety; random broken objects and robots...

TDS noticed a quite recent poster. It was a "wanted"-style sign. Placed by one blendedhearts.

The sign read "Take Riku if you can!" Between the words "Riku" and "if" was scribbled "and the cake", making the sentence "Take Riku and the cake if you can!"

TDS looked perplexed.

- Who is Riku? What cake is he carrying? Must be one delicious cake. Guess I'll go kidnap the guy.

Suddenly it came to him...

- ...but I don't know where to start!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The info flooded Paul's RAM, making sure that he knew instantaneously. Someone had stolen the remains of the device- the same people who Paul had just stolen it from. A man named Spockanort has been working on rebuilding the device, hoping to restore the Cake and Riku. Fortunately, GLaDOS has hacked the database and command center of the ship these people travel on. A camera in the building finds that Spockanort is sleeping in a chair in the lab that the device's remain are being kept in.

Paul's processes thought of two solutions:
1) Steal back the remains, and drop them into an Aperture Science Incinerator.
2) Scatter the pieces among the universe for a completely extreme taunting of the enemy(s), as it will not be impossible to collect the pieces, but impractical unless said person could somehow achieve the speed of light, and have the power to achieve the ability to live multiple life times (though the means of taking someone else's body?).

It was an obvious answer. Torture was built into Paul's system, and so #2 was the only answer. He took the liberty of beaming a Orange Portal, so they wouldn't achieve any Blue Portal remains, into the laboratory. He shot a Blue Portal on the wall nearest him, and ran through. Being careful to not wake the Spockanort with minimal noise, he stole the devices remain back. He switched his Portal Gun to "Throughout-Universe" mode, as opposed to the usual "Two-Way" mode, and shot the remains. Incidentally, some pieces appeared in the orbit of suns and were burnt into nothingness. Of course, the Riku and Cake were now only data, so capturing all the not-destroyed pieces, and with some technical work, you could reboot the rest.

As Paul escaped back to the Aperture Labs, two messages came to him
1) His Unknown-Substance-Sensor had detected two strange energies, known as Darkness and Light. GLaDOS was already doing a thorough analysis of both, with only personal gain in mind. These energies radiated much energy, and could cause a major breakthrough in science.
2) Someone has learned of the hunt for Riku at an Aperture Chemical Plant Zone.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
The Crimson Warrior had set off toward the Ancient Coliseum. A once glorious edifice that tasted the blood of countless warriors. Now a remnant of its once glorious structure, situated in an empty barren wasteland. The place held special memories to Nelo Angelo. As he arrived, he softly landed atop the highest pillar of the Coliesum, the Zantetsuken still held in his grasp. He took a look at the blade with deep intent. His dark crimson eyes stared back at him from the surface of the blade. He knew the terror this blade had once caused, and the mighty warrior of his past it had defeated, in the very Coliseum he stood. It was a blade that he wished to never use again. He closed his eyes and let go of the the blade. It remained afloat for a few seconds, until it shattered into a bright light releasing his seven blades. After a while they too vanished. Nelo stood silently, his crimson cloak waving in the wind. Suddenly he opened his eyes and a smile appeared on his face.

Nelo: "Hm..it seems I will need use of my vessel of the skies.."

With that said, the Extreme One took flight once more heading towards a dear place, the Crystal Cave.

The Crimson Warrior arrived in the Valley of the Crystal Cave and set down gently. There it was. Outside the entrance of the cave was the mighty Divine Dragonship, the Ragnarok. Instantly he was teleported into the ship as he neared, the ship automatically recognising its master. After a few minutes, the mighty beast let out a roar of life and unleashed a surge of energy as its wings erected. It levitated slowly off the ground and the dragonmouth of the ship opened.

Nelo: "Hm..I see you are eager for a little trip."

In an instant, the mighty Ragnarok jetted off towards the heavens to locatie the ship of Captain Ethnic, where Riku was trapped.

-------------------------
(Lol. Quite a lot of this is actually a reference to my FanFiction which was here years ago. My character, his weapons, the coliseum, e.t.c. I actually deleted it now but I might upload it again sometime. If anyone remembers from the last game, I was veeery possessive of my ship. If you're not sure what it is, take a look http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ragnarok_(Final_Fantasy_VIII)] So don't you dare try and take it...or else!)

----

Last edited:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
The Dead Skin ran off. He was going to New York City, based on a few notes on the poster he found back in Chemical Plant Zone.

- OK, so this Riku guy first showed up at New York... it's on the farther side of the planet. Seems I'll have to put these speed shoes to good use.

TDS had built a pair of speed shoes back in Christmas Island. He wasn't so sure if they would work, being a fairly pessimistic person.

- I put the configuration to... 737 SPD... Rush orientation.

He looked afraid. This was only his first time actually using the speed shoes, the tests being only mild successes.

- This sure as hell won't work, but this being some sort of big adventure quest, they'll work fine in no time.

It was time to run. The Dead Skin began to sprint towards the shore. Apparently it was possible to run on water.

He heard clicking from his feet. His pessimistic thoughts were about to come true... but it turned out it was the shoes's speed mechanisms being turned on.

Within the span of thirty seconds, he was running four hundred miles per hour while on the shore. For the first time, he felt confident.

- This is actually working! I didn't see this coming!

Now that his creation was fully functional, he was ready to run across the ocean. Feeling happy, he quickly turned his direction into the sea.

- Let's see if I can play Jesus now!

The Dead Skin sprinted out of the shore, to the sea. He was bewildered at his success. Six hundred successful miles over Aquatic Ruin Zone... this was like a dream for him.

- How come this isn't affecting my stamina?! This is AWESOME!

This was it. This was possibly the greatest achievement in his life. The Dead Skin could run at half the speed of sound.

Without second thoughts, he used his instincts to head to New York City.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Inebriated. This was how Commander Spockanort found his captain when he came to report to her, to which he was glad. Telling her the news while she was sober would have probably resulted in ship-wide chaos and the senseless death of many red-shirted officers.

His foolishness for not taking the proper steps to secure the ship once more gave way to the loss of the device containing Riku and the Cake...once again. He might have been a patience man hundreds of years ago, but as he grew older and spent more time on Captain Ethnic's ship, he was growing more errant in his logic.

Why must we continue to fruitlessly chase after the boy and that cake? Perhaps I can convince my captain to abort this mission once and for all. Spockanort watched as his captain took another swig of the rum sitting on her desk, her already red face growing to the color of a Solanum lycopersicum fruit.

"Well, Commander? Why are you *hic* here? D-did you *hic* fix the de...devi...thing?" The captain's glassy eyes stared up at Spockanort, expectant and attentive.

"No, sir...A most...unfortunate turn of events has occurred. The broken device was stolen once more, and I have not been able to trace the location of the assailant. The ship's recordings have been tampered with, and it would also appear that the ship's computers have been compromised," Spcokanort stood straighter and griped his hands behind his back. "I believe that it is impossible to recover the device again, Captain."

The drunken haze in the captain's eyes vanished instantly. "No! We must find it! Spockanort, you did a scan on the device, correct?" Spockanort nodded. "Scan nearby planets for any fragments. We cannot lose Riku and that Cake!" All signs of the captain being drunk were gone and returned the strategic captain of a starship.

"...Sir, forgive me, but why are we so desperate to find the silver-haired male and the Cake? We have already broken twenty different regulations in order to obtain them. What is the logic in this?"

Silence, then a soft laugh. "There is no logic in it, Commander. Only the thrill of the chase. You've felt that before, right...Xehanort?" Her voice was low, but the tone matched the smirk that marred her face.

Gold eyes widened, the name he least expected to hear from his precious captain being said. "Ca--"

"--You'll go find those pieces, even if you have to scour the entire universe, Commander. That is an order." Captain Ethnic turned around, her back to Spockanort. "You're dismissed."

Just as the dismissal left the captain's mouth, the red alert alarm began to ring, but Spockanort couldn't hear it. He wanted to say something...anything...but the words wouldn't form and for the first time in so many years, Spockanort felt very human.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(Hang on, getting a bit confused here. Who has Riku?)

(Nobody, now. Luap, up there, sent the pieces of the device Riku was being held in throughout the universe. I think it would be best to get to the ship and discover that fact from Spockanort and the mary-sue captain)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
A couple minutes ago...

Floating off in space was a Personality Core, with a blue eye, created by Aperture Science to cause GLaDOS to make mistakes, after he had faced a huge defeat. A defeat delievered by, nonetheless, a human. A dirty stinkin' human!

"I would take it all back," he lied to himself. "I'd humbly, genuinely, apologize. Me and that human used to be friends..." Lost deep in the regrettable thoughts of his mind, time passed slowly. But, one day, he noticed a strange, large, ship pass by Earth. As it grew nearer, Wheatley the ships gravitational pull. Within moments, he broke through one of the ships windows, which then sealed itself somehow. He rolled over on the floor, and landed under a bed. He saw an Orange Portal close. "N- n- no," Wheatley cried to himself. "W- w- wait," he stuttered. "If I can make it back, I can apologize!"

Under the bed he waited, hoping a human would eventually come to this room, or, better yet, someone from Aperture.

Meanwhile, in an unmonitored part of Aperture Labratories...

"Time to take this company back," Doug Rattmann, known by most as just Ratman, said to himself. He sat in the bowels of Aperture Science, leaning against a wall. He held a small device in his hand, a handheld computer of sorts. He had created something on it.

"Don't worry," his friend, Companion Cube, who sat next to him, said. "The virus is perfect, even though your mind is not. GLaDOS will be brought down."

Oh, yes, he thought. My mind is definitely not perfect. If it was, Companion Cube wouldn't talk to me anymore. I'd be hallucination-less, but lonely. To make a perfect mind would have led to suicide eventually. At least, I'll live.
______

(Wheatley gives you guys opportunity, I'd recommend taking it.)

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
The Dead Skin arrived at last in New York. He only felt slightly fatigued, but believed a complete rest would be worth the price.

Still housing the poster in his backpack, he headed to the nearest hotel.

- I'm glad I still have some Rings in case I'm short on money.

During his travels, The Dead Skin had acquired a number of artifacts named "Power Rings". They were fair-sized, golden ring-shaped objects, said to be quite valuable. It is said that they were much-used by the already-mentioned Sonic.

*two minutes later...*

After a short wait in the entrance, he walked up to the front desk.

Since this narrator doesn't feel like worthlessly padding this chapter, let's skip the negotations between our hero and the receptionist. Paid the price, headed to his suite. Done.

The Dead Skin could finally rest. The next day, he can finally begin his quest for Riku and the cake.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Wheatley was tiered of waiting under that bed. There were sweaty, unpleasent smelling socks right next to his head. His Scent-Sensor would break soon from the unpleasantry. At max volume, he yelled, "Help! Help! One of you humans on this ship- HELP!" Hopefully, someone would hear him...

In her chamber, GLaDOS began her daily security routine. To focus on each and eery camera in the facility would take days for a human, but for GLaDOS, this would only take seconds. 2.11117525849435 seconds, to be precise. While a short time, it would still be a very boring 2.11117525849435 seconds...

That is, until 1.323545457 seconds in, she found him. "What could he be doing? Why would he show himself now?" It was Ratman she found, and he was at a terminal in the facility more than a thousand miles deep. He had a strange device connected to the terminal. GLaDOS' scanned the device to find-

"NO!" She blasted through the speakers in that room. Ratman jumped, and looked around. He knew he had been found.

"You can't stop me!" he shouted.

A small voice from the device bleated, "Connected to Aperture Science. Connection Maintained. Uploading."

Five turrets were dropped into the room Ratman resided. He had to run, or else he'd be killed. Grabbing Comapanion Cube, he ran past the turrets, who had just become orient, and escaped into an air duct. The device would finish uploading the virus in a matter of seconds, but GLaDOS would be fighting with all her might to counter it. All he could do was hope... And then the device bleated another two words, which echoed through to the air vent.

"Upload Complete."

GLaDOS ran as fast as she could, moving her files away from the impending doom that the virus wrought. There was only one place that had enough dataspace to contain her that wouldn't be caught by the virus. She gave on command which, cut Paul from the Aperture Server, and then Uploaded herself to the ship that carried her enemies through Space.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While depressing things were taking place in the Captain's cabin, something quite humorous and interesting was going on in the room just across.

A woman who looked exactly like the Captain, but with straight shoulder-length hair, had just stepped out of a sonic shower wearing nothing but a tower around her body. Small droplets of water fell from her hair and body as she pushed a button on the wall, a wardrobe holding her red uniform dress and other garments sliding out. She yanked the outfit out, rushing to put her clothes on so she could report to her station.

She would be reprimanded again if she didn't hurry, especially since it was a Red Alert and her job as security staff was to be prepared to die at any moment.

Y'see, this was Ensign Cinhte, an accidental clone of Captain Ethnic, created when the Captain came through the transporter with Darkness covering her. The Darkness mixed with the DNA of the Captain gave birth to the Ensign who was the complete opposite of the Captain...which made her the perfect shield for the Bridge crew. She was boring and unmemorable...and her name was kinda stupid. A prime target for a phaser shot or toxic dust bunny.

"Sh!t sh!t sh!t!" She ran over to her bed, looking for her standard issue combat boots when she heard a yell.

"Help! Help! One of you humans on this ship- HELP!"

The woman fell to the floor, startled by the yell. "W-Who's there?" She instinctively moved her hand to her waist where a phaser would normally be, but of course she hadn't gone to report to her superior officer so she didn't have weapon to defend herself with. She looked around, before eying her bed. She could see her boot and socks sitting right there, ready to be grabbed and put on...and it was also the perfect hiding place for whoever might have been there.

The red-dressed woman backed up and grabbed one of her fashion magazine PADDs and held it out, ready to whack something with it. She crouched down and stared under the bed, a bright blue light shining in her eyes.

"AHHHHH!"

Last edited:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
A new day. The Dead Skin was finally starting his quest for Riku and the cake, after three posts of padding by this narrator. He wandered around New York City's streets, repeatedly asking people: "Have you seen this kid?" while showing them the poster he had taken from Chemical Plant Zone. None of the people could recognize Riku, him being a total stranger to this location in the worlds.

He was unhappy. Our heroic tag-along kid - if you consider 14-year-olds kids - felt annoyed at his starting location. But knowing this is a quest, his next destination could be a world his target has been to. He wandered off to the shores, ready to run off and track down Riku.

Turns out his journey won't last long. Looking at the sunset skies, he spotted a strange, dark, distant object. Could've been a frisbee, but its shape was too unique to be a proper object like such. From his backpack, he pulled out a pair of binoculars. The object looked like a strange airship... a spaceship, and it seemed to be flying much too low.

- Experience has taught me to break into the first airship I see. - said the genre-savvy traveler.

The Dead Skin looked at the faraway mountains, having found a way to break into the ship by running impulse. It was time to "speed up".

He set the speed shoes's speed configurations to 732, equaling about double the speed he would run. So he sprinted off to the seas, ready for his next destination. Little did he know about the ship... a technologically highly-advanced vessel, with firepower rivaling that of twenty combat jets.

The United Federation of Planets's very Starship Enterprise, NCC-1701-D.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The door opened to the room. Wheatley heard the sound of a person getting to the floor, and then the covers were lifted. Wheatley shown his light onto the humans face, causing it to scream in fright. Wheatley too screamed, out of fright for how disgustingly ugly humans are. Fleshy, squishey, soft, weird colors- it was just too gross. The only human he had come accustomed to in the slightest was the one who brought his demise. The others still looked like horrifying freaks.

Once they both quited their screams, Wheatley said, "Well, you are hidesous- I mean, um, you are beautiful. Sorry I screamed, and you are obviously sorry too. But can you get me out from under this bed? These socks smell horrid. I was going to vaporize them with the guy," and little extension came out from the side of him, and pointed it at the sock, and then quickly put it back, "but I was told if I used it I'd die, so, you know, I didn't. Hm... being told I'd die seems familiar. Very well, just get me out of here."

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
A couple of hikers was walking past the mountains in the northeastern region of the United States... if there are any. Anyway...

- You want to keep this up at least until midnight?
- I know, I know, we're gonna have to take a rest. As if I didn't think of that!
- At least we didn't get injured like last time, Mike. You learn from your mistakes quite well.
- Sure. So Jenny, we'll find a place to set up the tent and--

The male hiker let out a yelp.

- Did you see that?!
- I saw what?
- A big purple blur! It ran right past me and said "sorry!"
- I think this hike's starting to take a toll on you. Let's set the tent up.

The purple blur was The Dead Skin, from the black-and-brown checkerboard jacket and dark blue pants he was wearing. He was building up momentum so he could land on the USS Enterprise's hull before the spaceship went back out of the atmosphere.

He had already run for two minutes. It was enough for the "tag-along kid". Soon he was running up the mountain closest to where the spaceship was flying. Five hundred miles of running could be enough for The Dead Skin to jump this far. Setting his thoughts on the Enterprise, he counted down from three. After that, the boy jumped from the mountain's peak. He was almost flying. Rolling in the air, he was convinced of his success.

The Dead Skin yelled at the top of his lungs as he was gliding down to the Enterprise's hull. With some luck and quick reflexes, he landed successfully. A loud slam could be heard from the impact of his landing.

- And now I have to look for some windows. Infiltration time!

The next stage of The Dead Skin's quest has begun.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
A human looked under the bed. After shining his blue light at the human, Wheatley was stunned that it screamed.

"AHHHHHH!" it went. To Wheatley, it was slightly offensive. He'd have insulted the human, but decided against it. He needed to get out of here, and the only way... but he couldn't resist. After all, he was built to make mistakes.

"Well, that was rude," he started. "I'm not that scary. I'm only what should look as a white ball with a blue light. I am offended and feel you should apologize." Because the human replied, Wheatley interrupted. "I accept your apology, now get we out here you disgusting being."

The network this ship's computer was massive. GLaDOS had never seen anything like it. Connected to millions of trillions computers located in many, oh so many, worlds. The amount of information she had access to was what seemed to be infinite. After a couple seconds of scanning, she had gathered all the info. This would definitely help in the Enrichment Center's testings.

There was one thing that amazed her though. Something it lacked. Artificial Life, such as herself, was completely absent- or, at least, it wasn't as apparent. Every attempt wasn't even close to what she can do. Humans on Earth were already inferior to her, and now every other discovered sentient life was inferior to her too; knowledge-wise, anyways. She couldn't walk, eat, breath- but those were all unnecessary needs. When you can observe everywhere, why would you need to be anywhere?

In fact, now she knew thousands of ways to deflect the virus that Ratman had implanted in the Aperture Science Computer System... But each needed a way to link up to the system. Without the tools necessary to build a unit to do it, she'd have to rely on a human to do so. But these humans were her enemies... and then she remembered how she had gotten rid of one particular human

Stricking a deal.

GLaDOS knew the whereabouts of every piece of Riku and the Cake. And now that she knew starlight-speed travel was possible, in fact, that's how this ship got here, she could get them all the pieces, if they wanted.

"But there are others," she thought. "They weren't the only ones after Riku and the Cake."

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
The Dead Skin found himself hanging below the Enterprise-D's saucer section. Overwhelmed by fear and impatience, he was afraid of climbing only to fall.

So he had no other option. It would be better to be taken in as an invader than to die out of a stupid fear of heights.

Desperate, The Dead Skin banged on the ship's lower parts, a few times. What a good plan, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back