• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► {.:Tainted Memories:.}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
All my homeskillets' fics are pwning my fic. ;-; It's a conspiracy... ;-;-;

I hate disembodied voices, don't you? >.>; They just... come outta nowhere... And... tell you to close 'er open doors... *glares at disembodied voice*

Everytime I use abbreviations like "outta", I feel like Sora. And that's not good. *makes mental note not to be Sora-like*

*fails*

Awesome fic, Sakura! I luffles it! <333 ^-^

Battlecry

Who the hell do you think I am!?
Website
www.myspace.com
Thankies lots, krazy. xD Although, my fic would never in a gazillion years pass yers. >.>;; *refrains from saying "gazillion" again*

My readers have given me inspiration, now! =o Thanks for the reviews and comments, guys! Sincerity cookies for all!

Last edited:

Battlecry

Who the hell do you think I am!?
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, since I wasn't able to post last night, I decided to start early. x3

.// Chapter Four: The Last One Standing >>

./Malina's Eyes

My hands were clasped lazily behind my back as I gazed out my of bedroom window. The beams of pure moonlight shone onto my pale face, and the stars glimmered into my eyes. There I was, thinking again. Thinking about the future once more. About what would happen when we left this place. When we left our home. And all our families, and friends. But, hadn't I already decided?

No. I promised.

I promised we would all go together, and stay with eachother untill the end. That was my promise, and I was destined to fufill it.

That night, I couldn't sleep. It was probably faulted by all my worries. Although, they were starting to let up, so I felt a bit tired after confirming what was going to happen with myself. I yawned quietly, then stretched out my arms. As soon as I closed my eyes, I heard a loud knocking at my window. "What the-?" I questioned myself as my body shot back up, and I crawled over to the ledge of my window. The cause of all the commotion was Meru. "What now? I told you, we don't have any cookies." His face was serious. He wasn't over for a midnight snack.
"No, no! I'm not hungry, Malina!"

'Malina'. He had spoken my real name. For the past six years, he had called me by my nickname. Something was wrong. Very wrong. But what?

"I...I was looking over at the island from my window...r-right...? And, and I saw these...these weird things over there! Some creatures that I had never seen before! They were over there!!" Meru spoke loudly with worry, but he wasn't getting to the main point. I knew he had something else to tell me. "And.....and....he's there! ED'S THERE!!"
Oh, no. 'Creatures'? I thought back to the ones in my dream. Those creatures that had given me this scar on my waist. Were they over at the island? And....with Ed there, too? This certianly wasn't good. Not at all.

"Please! Come with me!" Meru pleaded as he sat out my bedroom window, his arm extended out towards me. I quickly nodded my head, then took hold onto his arm. He lifted me down from the window ledge, and we raced towards the pier, our hands clenched tightly together. We were both worried. For Edward's sake.

I turned my head back around towards my house, and looked back over at Meru, our pace increasing faster. For what all I knew, I would never see my home again.
We jumped into Meru's boat, which was the largest out of the three canoes. It could hold about two adults, or three children. In our case, we were just two teens, so there was a fair amount of room for us. Meru quickly grabbed onto the wooden oars, and raced towards the island at a suprisingly fast speed. I held tightly onto the seat of the canoe, making sure I wouldn't fall over.

Edward and Meru were best friends. Even though they acted as if they hated eachother at times, they cared for eachother, and wouldn't let any harm come towards one another. I felt sort of left out at times when they were either hanging-out together sometimes, but I didn't feel upset. I knew that each of us were all friends, too.

That was why Meru had been so worried. That's why he was paddling so fast that his arms were sore. He cared. Even though he didn't show it much, I knew. We then arrived at the island, Meru darted onto the sandy shore. It was starting to rain now, and thunder could be heard striking around us. "H-hey! Meru...!!" I shouted out to him, but he ignored me completely. He ran further and faster, calling out Edward's name.

There I was, alone again. I walked from out of the canoe, and those black creatures from before formed from out of the ground. This wasn't good. I had left my wooden sword back at my house, and there was no way I was turning back. I had to find Ed, and I had to find him quickly.
I leaped over a few of the creatures, and ran as fast as I could. The monsterous beings followed after me, and more of them came from out of the ground as I passed by. None of them were heading over to Meru's direction. But, why? Why were they so focused on killing me?

I couldn't waste my time on questions, not again. I knew the cost of that when I was fighting them before. I had to stay onto my objective. Since Meru had went along over towards the second half of the island, I decided to look over at the part I was located at. I dodged all the attempts of the little black creatures' attacks, and ran into the shack.
Phew, I was safe. But....not for long. I could hear them scratching at the door, and trying to kick it down. I needed to hurry out of there. Fast. So, I ran up the stairs, and across the bridge. I looked back towards the door of the shack, and they had completely torn it off.
Good thing I got out of there. When I turned my head back around, I saw Ed. He was facing out into the ocean, just like he usually did. Except...that darkness....it was beggining to swallow him whole. I remembered that. That dark bind grasping around me, preventing me to breathe.

"E-ed!! We have to get out of here! We can't save the plane, now! Those creatures are-!!" I was cut off from my shouting as he slowly turned around to me, his kind-hearted smile still planted on his face. He knew that this was going to happen. I could tell.
"Malina, it's okay. Don't be afraid." He spoke with warmth in his voice, the darkness crawling all around us, and starting to bind around our arms. "We'll be okay. You promised, right?" He was right. I did. I promised that we would all go through this together. I wouldn't break that oath, and I swore it.
"Y-you're right! But, this is no time for messing around, Ed! Meru is out there, searching for you! We can't let him get hurt, or-!!"

He laughed. Why? This was a mattter of life and death. And.....he was laughing? Mocking my every word?

"This was your dream, wasn't it? When we were only seven, you told me that you wanted to adventure throughout the universe, and that you hated being kept in this place. Isn't that what you said?" He was right, though. Those were my exact words. And, I sill dreamt of escaping this place. But, what did he mean? Was he trying to prove a point? I couldn't answer it now, there wasn't much time left. "The darkness will help us, Malina. It will. It will fufill your dream." The dark binds were starting to engulf us now, and Edward let out his hand towards me. Our distance wasn't very close, though.

"B-but, what about Meru! We can't just leave him here! He....he might die, you know?!" Ignored. Again. The darkness was wrapping around us. I had no choice, now. I extended out my arm as far as I could, and tried to reach his. No luck. The dark mist was hooked around my ankles, and was pulling me slowly away from him. I couldn't let us all be seperated. Not when I had the chance. "No! Edward, don't go!!" I shouted, and the darkness completely absorbed us. Ed was gone.

I opened my eyes, and I was on my knees, still back at Destiny Islands. What had happened? Was Edward still here?! "ED!! ED?!" I shouted, my head darting from left-to-right. No sound. He wasn't there. But, something else was. A small, star-shaped golden fruit layed where he once stood. A.....paopu fruit? I had heard the legends when I was little.

The Paopu Fruit. A symbol between two people that care for eachother forever and eternally. Once the two people share it, their destinies will become one, and their hearts intertwined. They will be bonded together, no matter what.

Was this from Edward? I slowly picked it up, and placed it into my pant pocket, a tear dripping onto the ground below me. It was true. Ed was gone. I hadn't lived up to my promise. I felt etremely guilty, but it would have to wait. But.....would I ever get to see him again....?

The creatures surrounded me, and started to close in. Uh-oh. I had to get moving, or else. I ran onto the bridge, and jumped off onto the sand. Now, I had to find Meru. Where could he be....?
"AAAAHH!!!" I heard a loud scream, definatly Meru's. Was he hurt? Or....even worse? All I could do was hope not. I ran to the source of the sound, and ended up at the second half of the island. I knew Meru was pretty close. I ran further and further, and reached our airplane which we had planned to ride tomorrow morning. It was useless, though. These monsters were going to destroy our home. The little creatures then started to gather around me, and they were bloodthirsty. Completely ready to kill.

Horror struck my eyes as I stared at each of them, already knowing my fate. I squinted roughly, and put my arms into a defensive position. I was prepared for whatever attack they were going to throw at me. From my slightly opened right eye, I watched as a few of them jumped up at me, and I screamed loudly, the fear of death coming to mind once more.
I then slowly opened my eyes, presuming to be dead, but I wasn't. I was clearly alive, but someone else had taken the blow for me.

It was Meru.

A black, bloody claw was right through his stomach and it quickly withdrew itself. Meru was bleeding badly, and he was still standing, trying his best to hold onto dear life. "Meru!! MERU!!! You can't die!" I shouted at him, running over to his aid. I saw that he had destroyed the surrounding creatures by himself....but, how? I barely lifted him up, wrapping my right arm around the top of his back, and my knees planted onto the island sand. This was horrible. My two best friends....the ones I cared about the most....were both in trouble. Ed was gone, and Meru was in my arms, dieing right before my eyes.
"Y-you.....you can't....k...keep yourself....outta....h-harm....can ya...?" He smiled at me, a stream of blood dripping down the bottom of his mouth, and down to his chin.

"Meru.....it'll be okay!" I told him with tears pouring from my eyes. I couldn't let both of my friends go, definatly not like this.
"T....take...care of.....yerself....k-kid." He spoke sincerely, giving off one last smile at me. Before I knew it, his eyes crept shut, and the skin on his face lost its rosey flush. Was.....he gone? Was Meru dead? No, I couldn't accept it. But...I had to face reality. I couldn't stay the little Malina that only relied on her dreams.

My tears dribbled down onto my fallen friend's cheek as I stood up, staring down at him. "I'm sorry...." I whispered to him, my voice crackling up with my overwhelmed sadness. His body began to fade away, and his heart flew high into the air, and dissapeared. Meru then slowly faded into colorful pyreflies, and completely surrounded me. I let me tears fall into the island sand, then turned back around me. The horizon bursted into darkness, and black-violet waves scattered across the dark sky. It was over. My home was going to be destroyed.....sent into oblivion....and I couldn't do anything about it.

All I did was stare out into the sea, everything around me being engulfed into pure darkness, and myself as well. I slowly crept my hand into my right pocket, and held onto the paopu fruit that I had found earlier. I clenched my hand around it, and stood there as everything around me, and myself vansihed into the eternal abyss of darkness.
- - - - - - -

.__. Thar we go. I had fun writing this chappie. x3

Last edited:

Epilogue

killjoy princess
There are some spelling errors again xD, some fragments and that's it.

DRAMATIC STUFF! ;-; MERU !!! ED! why?!?! >>;; Is she gonna teleport to Traverse Town or something? O__O

Z

Zato

KN: *Cries* I die. Why cruel fate?

Zato: *Laughing* Meru dies. Now that's funny.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
zOMg, Sakura! ;-;-;-; YOU KILLED THE BISHIES BEFORE THEIR HOTTNESS COULD GRACE THE BISHIE LIST!!!

EVERYONE NAMED 'ED' IS DOOMED TO DIIIIIE!!!! *sobs in dark corner*

Everything I touch dies! ;-;

That was total pwnage, Sakura. *-* I shall now huggle my countless Kaze plushies. :D *does so* Teh uber kawaiiness that pwns Sora. <33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back