• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tai Yasue answers fan questions for HD 2.5 ReMIX at E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
He was then asked which world was the most fun to make, and that was the Castle of Dreams, Cinderella's world from Birth by Sleep, to which he emphasized that they really didn't want to make any mistakes for that game in this remaster.

<3 Castle of Dreams. The atmosphere in that stage is just perfect. Can't wait to see it on my giant-ass TV.

When asked about whether there were any Final Fantasy characters he would've wanted to add into Kingdom Hearts, Yasue admitted that he wanted Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII, but they simply couldn't figure out a setting that would've fit him. After all, he'd need to rise from a coffin.

Like others have mentioned, if Yasue truly needs Vincent to emerge from a coffin, Halloween Town would be the place for it. I'd kindof like to engage him. A secret boss fight with Jack against Vinny-poo, who changes into his different limit modes - that'd be great~

He did add that making Zack Fair from Crisis Core had been a bit hard, seeing as they had made him a lot cuter at first.

Concept art or it didn't happen. O__O I'm assuming he was younger? I can't imagine him being cute(r), unless he was superdeformed (like the YRP fairies) or the age of the DI kids in the first Kingdom Hearts.

In regards to the development staff of HD 2.5 ReMIX, Yasue confirmed that over 70 people were involved in its development, which is surely an increase from the staff working on HD 1.5 ReMIX. In fact, they have been working on Kingdom Hearts 3 as well, in order to make sure the game wouldn't be delayed as a result of these HD remasters. Right now, the staff is doing the finishing touches on the cutscenes, trophies and general debugging.

As opposed to two. That's great news. I'm really hoping Re:Coded's narrative flows better than apparently Days's.

After this, Yasue confirmed that the music would be re-recorded with an orchestra from Boston. In fact, over 90 songs have been redone for Kingdom Hearts 2, although he didn't clarify whether the music in the other games would be worked on as well. The general sound effects of the games were redone though and in Birth by Sleep's case, it has a lot of environmental sounds, e.g. gurgling sounds from fountains.

Sooo excited to hear the quality of the sound being elevated to the next level. It's the small details, like he mentioned with the fountains, that will make this project really special.

WILDMUSTANGX

I'm pretty sure whoever asked about wether or not there would be a theater mode wasn't thinking about the Re-Coded cutscenes! What we really want is a theater mode for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix! It would've been nice if they'd included a theater mode for Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix, but it's too late for that now (Unless they were to create it as DLC).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure whoever asked about wether or not there would be a theater mode wasn't thinking about the Re-Coded cutscenes! What we really want is a theater mode for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix! It would've been nice if they'd included a theater mode for Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix, but it's too late for that now (Unless they were to create it as DLC).
Theater Mode was first included in KH2FM. I think the person asking just panicked.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since BBS had its own theater mode as well, I'm pretty sure that they will be included with their respective games.
KH 1 Final Mix only didn't have one because it didn't have it even in the original version.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Since BBS had its own theater mode as well, I'm pretty sure that they will be included with their respective games.
KH 1 Final Mix only didn't have one because it didn't have it even in the original version.

And now I wish they had added one to it in the remix. I love them theater modes, good for quick refreshers.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I was sad that they had no Theater Mode in KHFM, but I guess it makes sense since the original game didn't have it in the first place. It would have been nice if they had added it, but it's not the end of the world. We have YouTube, after all :p

rainbowrabbit

In the beginning, I said I didn't have any questions about the game and just wanted the release date. But now, I'm sort of regretting it. I did have a couple of questions. Like whether or not the US Kingdom Hearts 2 would still be censored. I'm not sure if that was addressed since I haven't really been here.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I was sad that they had no Theater Mode in KHFM, but I guess it makes sense since the original game didn't have it in the first place. It would have been nice if they had added it, but it's not the end of the world. We have YouTube, after all :p

Sadly not all of us are able to use youtube with such liberty. TnT

Gram

Banned
Awards
...no it didn't.

Yes, yes it did. It was in the Trinity Archives found on the start menu screen:

trinityreport.png

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I don't know why or how, but I own a copy of all the cutscenes, FM scenes included, in English on two DVDs. I guess that makes up for my loss in the game haha. It is odd they didn't implement it in for the Remix though.

morgancb35

It would be cool to see a frozen world in kh. I could see them introducing that in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back